Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Sure Happy It's Thursdat Daily
- - By Ed [us] Date 2017-09-07 10:51 AM
I've used this tpic for a Thursdaily before but couldn't come up with anything more original so here you have it!

Anything you're sure happy about today?

The usual; run, workout, food, beverage, etc.

Hope everyone in Irma's path remains safe!  Ditto for those already impacted by Harvey.  Jose & the other one meandering in the gulf are a thought for another thread.

Bonus:  Are you ready for some football?
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-07 11:59 AM
One of my favorite acronyms! : pbbt:

I am sure happy about a lot of things! 1. that my mom made it through surgery this morning. It was minor surgery to electrically cauterize a blood vessel that kept springing a leak even after it was chemically cauterized. But she's a high risk patient, and they had to put her under, so that was anxiety-inducing. I am happy that it all went smoothly. :hug: 2. that it's a short work week! 3. that we have narrowed it down to 2 photographers for the wedding, and that is the last big decision that we need to make. and 4. that RTB is a week away so I can take a break from reality for a weekend! :grin:

Run: will be 3x1 mile cruise intervals at my new mile repeat pace of 8:22. :shocker!: We shall see how that goes after work. I was too tired to run this morning so I got an extra 45 min of sleep instead.
Food/beverage: We had a client meeting over lunch yesterday, and my team brought in more dessert than actual food! There was candy, chocolate- and yogurt-covered pretzels, cookies, and cupcakes! It was a bit ridiculous.

Bonus: yes! I love football season! I just won't be able to watch the LA Chargers. The Chargers will always be from San Diego. Now they are dead to me. LA ruins everything.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-07 12:14 PM
That's good news about your mom's surgery :hug:  and :cool::cool: about your mile interval pace.  Keep it up !!
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-09-07 12:39 PM
I hate all the NFL teams moving around. The Las Vegas Raiders? Really!! :mutmad:

Good news on your mom having a safe procedure and your spritely mile pace too! :happy:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-09-07 1:03 PM
Glad everything went well for your mom!

Some folks in my running club are discussing going back to RtB next year.  They might be able to talk me into being a volunteer driver/non-runner...just for the trip!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-07 2:10 PM
Great news about your mom!!:hug:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-09-07 4:38 PM
Wow, cool pace for those intervals!
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-09-07 12:37 PM
Did not get too much grief from the doctor this morning on my cholesterol spike. No quality runs for 2 months and slipping back into some bad ice cream eating habits makes trouble for me in that department. I guess no more ice cream for awhile. Now that is some SHIT, and not like you meant it.

Workout: Plan to do a run/hikey thing today on the trails after work. We'll see how it goes. 4-5 miles I suppose. Plus PT exercises.

Blather: Tried to talk my parents into driving up to Atlanta from north central FL to stay with my sister, but they are being stubborn and refusing to leave. I guess if they don't get out of there today, traffic and such will just get worse and worse. So I will get to worry about them all weekend. Not sure why they want to stick around, other then being afraid of the horrible traffic reported on the weather channel. I told him online traffic cam showed just about 2.5 hours to the GA border from their house this morning. Probably have the worst of the traffic when they hit Atlanta. I could not sway them though. I'm sure they are sitting around watching the storm track on TWC when they could be into GA by now. It's aggravating, and scary.

Bonus: Yes, but I already started football last weekend watching the Buckeye's. They have a big game on Saturday but it will be hard to focus with the storm hitting FL that day.
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-09-07 1:04 PM
I've seen posts on social media from people in Florida that they can't get enough gas to get out of the state :shocker!:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-07 1:13 PM
No more ice cream :cry: oh, the humanity!!  I'm gonna get my chops busted on cholesterol next week.  I was doing pretty well until I visited DS this weekend.  He doesn't believe in the dangers of saturated fat, so bacon, eggs and GF cookies made with butter on the menu.  Some might say that I could have refused said food offerings, but : pbbt:  That would have been so rude. :mischief:

How frustrating about your parents :roll:  Hopefully they will get through Irma safely.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-07 2:12 PM
If my parents were still alive and living in Florida, they would have the same attitude as your parents.  Hopefully they will be safe and sound.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-07 2:24 PM
Crossing my fingers for your parents. :hug:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-09-07 4:41 PM
No ice cream? You need to get a second opinion. Try Eric.: pbbt:

I hope your parents get through the storm ok, hopefully the storm will have weakened substantially by the time it gets to them.
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-09-07 1:01 PM
I'm just happy yesterday's rain is over and it's sunny today! ...and apparently I can't spell Thursday correctly :roll:

My workout will be teaching cycling class tonight.  Pizza & beer with a couple of the guys after class.

Bonus:  The local NFL team should be better than they were last year.  I would not (yet) put money on them making the playoffs...we'll see.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-07 1:15 PM
Enjoy your sunshine!

It's cool you still see your friends for pizza and beer on Thursday.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-07 2:13 PM
I spell things wrong here all the time.....especially if I am posting from my phone.  No one even noticed!
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-07 1:08 PM
Don't worry about the topic -- thank you for starting the daily!  I'm sure happy to have finished my 2nd 10-mile run of the week.  The difficulty was more mental than physical effort, but it's to be expected.  Speed was better, but the rhythm isn't back yet. 

Breakfast was an avocado mashed up and spread over toast.  Gawd, that's good. 

(PT, you asked if I'd fallen.  The answer is yes.  In Rio Rancho (near Albuquerque).  On a tiny lip of a sidewalk.  :pickupyourfeet:  Today marks four weeks.  I didn't have an xray because my medical insurance did not cover non-life threatening care in New Mexico.  :mutmad::mutmad: but I was visiting my BIL a few days later and he gave a diagnosis of a "buckle fracture" just kind of a ripple in the radius, most uncomfortable when the wrist is rotated too quickly or when I try to do something like use nail clippers or open a jar lid. We ordered splints on Amazon and used them.  The injury could have been worse, but hell, I hate it when I fall.  Dealing with the injury is annoying enough, but it's also hard to fully regain my confidence.  Really, two bad falls in something like six years isn't all that bad, but I don't have many do-overs left :meh:

Bonus:  I'm not crazy about football, but at this point, hey, it will be a welcome change from disaster coverage, political turmoil and sometimes a mixture of both!!
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-07 2:14 PM
Ugh....I hate when I fall.  And I fell today!!:roll:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-07 2:20 PM
Hope the damage was minimal :sad:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-09-07 4:48 PM
Geez, I'm happy if I have only two bad falls in any give 3 month period!:blush::laugh: But sorry about the fall, it does play with your head.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-07 2:23 PM
Blazerman has a phone interview for a job on Tuesday, so that makes me happy.  Even if it doesn't work out, it is something positive for him to think about until then.  That said, he is having surgery on his shoulder tomorrow and is nervous about that because he hates being put under....but don't we all?  We have used up our deductible for the year, so I this surgery will cost like $5....this also makes me happy!

10 miles this morning. The first 4.5 were the best I have run in several weeks, but then, I tripped in a pothole!:cry::mutmad:  My city has maybe 5 potholes in total and I have tripped in three of them in the dark.....even though I know exactly where they are. :roll:  I banged up my hip on the leg which has been bothering me, so the last 5.5 miles of my run sucked.  I will go to boxing class tonight.  I had a lunch thing today where I was served a delicious piece of meat and a fabulous broiled tomato. 

One of my friends live in southern Florida and owns horses.  I texted him this morning and he said they are trying to figure out the best situation for the horses, but realizes he needs to get his family out of harms way asap, so the horses' fate may not be as secure as he hopes.

Bonus:  HS football already started so I am already in fan mode.  Fkkkkking Aggies pissed me off on Sunday, so I am all set for the Lions to disappoint me this weekend.:laugh:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-07 2:26 PM
Oh no! :shocker!: I hope the hip isn't too bad.

Sad about your friend's horses, but yes, family comes first. I can't even imagine having to make that decision though!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-07 2:46 PM
There were a lot of dogs that got left behind in Houston with Harvey.  I saw a lot of people bitching about this on FB and heard folks in the office doing the same thing.  I love both my dogs, but there is NO WAY IN THE WORLD I would risk my family for the dogs.  If someone had to carry out little kids or old people, of course they are going to leave their dogs. I am sure they were heartbroken, just as my friend is feeling about his horses.  But you people are people and animals are animals.
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-07 3:02 PM
well, falling sucks!!  :mutmad:  Sore hips suck, too :mutmad::mutmad:  hurricanes suck!  A&M's ridiculous loss last week sucks :mutmad:  The surgery with your deductible already met is pretty :cool: though.  Hope it all goes well for Blazerman. 

Hope all is better very soon!  :hug:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-07 3:29 PM
Thanks!  None of these things are Real Problems......I am truly very lucky and have nothing to complain about.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-09-07 4:58 PM
Hey! Tripping over the only potholes in town is MY M.O.!: pbbt: Sorry about the hip.:sad:
Parent - By godogo [us] Date 2017-09-08 7:33 AM
Good luck to Blazerman!
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-09-07 5:44 PM
I'm happy it's almost Friday!:grin: I'm sure happy Isabella is a senior in HS right now, and not a college freshman in Savannah, since Savannah is being evacuated right now. I'm really sure happy the oil tank that was removed from my front lawn this morning had no holes or leaks, passed inspection, and won't hold up a house sale!

A short 4 mile run this morning dragging Weasley, who kept trying to pull me home.:roll: Leftover potato and cabbage tonight. Blather: I'm watching the movie Jackie, with Natalie Portman, right now. Very interesting movie.

Bonus: Not a fan. At least since the last Bills' Super Bowl loss.:roll:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-07 7:35 PM
I'd missed the news that there was indeed an oil tank in your front lawn :roll:  Glad there were no leaks!

What was up with Weasley?
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Sure Happy It's Thursdat Daily