Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday's Fun Facts - 8/12
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-08-12 8:10 AM
What's Up?

Did you know that ice cream actually makes your body warmer because of its fat content?
http://healthland.time.com/2013/06/15/surprising-foods-that-toy-with-body-temperature/

(Sorry, I couldn't think of anything clever so I looked for something meaningless to start the day.)
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-08-12 8:16 AM
No plans for today other than recovery from 5 days of driving and 3 nights of poor sleep.  But I may do something to get some sweat going.  I think it may feel good.... or I may regret it.

Cindy and I went to IHop for breakfast and I am washing some clothes.  The excitement is about all I can handle.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-08-12 10:54 AM
Went to the gym for 30 minutes on the ARC trainer.  Now maybe some stretching and easy core stuff before assuming the position on the La-z-boy.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-12 11:40 AM
40 minutes on the bike.  Pedestrian speed.  I probably should label it a rest day.    Glad your driving is done Dave.
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2017-08-12 1:53 PM
Did you ever do you plan to visit Napa Valley?
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-12 2:04 PM
We did not.:sad:  Plans are on hold for the moment.  But you'll be one of the first to know when we do!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-08-12 12:02 PM
On the trail early and cleared off all the spider webs.  That's the only part of trails in the early morning I don't like.  But, a good run with 20.30 miles on the garmin when I finished. 

Hydrating the rest of the day at home.  A bowl of ice cream does sound good right now, but there's none in the freezer.
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2017-08-12 1:51 PM
Mega runner, Marathon's - any interest or desire to do all 50 States?

A couple of friends of mine are mega, ultra marathoners and for than running a distance from a 50K and up, up is best!

With all your running - have you ever run a 100miler?

Back in my running days, a 50K was for me the top of the ladder, and have done 3.

Be Well Stay Well and keep the miles going (youngster)!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-08-12 1:30 PM
Oh boy, I cleaned my bathroom and it took almost 2 hours!  But I also cleaned drawers.  I have 2 bags of clothing to donate.  The junk that one accumulates is unbelievable.  Safety pins, buttons, old shampoos and lotions, etc.

Took a lunch break and then I'll continue on to more purging.  It is too hot to be outside, plus the malls are full of people.

Enjoy your Saturday!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-08-12 4:43 PM
Ok -- ab/core and cardio videos done!  Now I am showered and feeling good!
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-08-12 5:03 PM
Just in time to go to bed at the end of the day. :grin:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday's Fun Facts - 8/12