Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Preggo book recommendation (NOT FOR ME)
- - By elmtree Date 2017-08-10 7:46 PM
I know y'all have mentioned a book you recommend for pregnant women (especially first timers), but I've always scrolled past. I have a friend whose wife is pregnant (4 weeks so super early), and she wants to get what to expect and I recall y'all saying it's bad. Help me out!
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-08-10 7:47 PM
Avoid what to expect! It's been 8 years but I like Mayo Clinic pregnancy
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2017-08-11 6:54 AM
I have a couple I'll never use again PM me or text me your address if you're interested in me sending?? (I have WTE and some others... if your friend is ok with handmedowns)
Parent - - By elmtree Date 2017-08-11 6:59 AM
I've asked. Thanks!
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2017-08-11 7:02 AM
I also have baby food books and Games Babies Play etc. No pressure on any of them but they're just sitting here :happy:
Parent - - By elmtree Date 2017-08-11 7:28 AM
He said thanks but they're moving soon so only stuff they can get on kindle for now. :hug:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2017-08-11 7:35 AM
kk I'll probably just donate them or Bunz them away. (Do other cities have Bunz?)
Parent - - By elmtree Date 2017-08-11 8:44 AM
I've never heard of it, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. :laugh:
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2017-08-11 8:47 AM
It's an online community where people trade stuff. It's a FB group and an app. I'm sure they have them in the US but they're probably a lot smaller than here in Toronto. It's huge here.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-11 7:35 AM
is the baby food book recipes or like how to introduce stuff? I didn't even know there would baby food books :blush:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2017-08-11 7:36 AM
It's about making your own baby food. It's called Better Baby Food. https://www.amazon.ca/Better-Baby-Food-Essential-Nutrition/dp/077880030X

B just eats what we eat. Except brussel sprouts he genuinely hates those already.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-11 7:39 AM
:cool:  I'm just doing puree stuff, I'm scared to start doing real food even though I know he needs to learn to chew and stuff but I can't quite pull off the bandaid yet
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2017-08-11 7:40 AM
I started with mashed banana and then really thinly sliced banana and then those pancakes that are just banana and egg... basically stuff that melts in their mouths before they can choke/anything with banana. : pbbt:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-13 6:38 PM
He's had mashed banana and then today he had some of those puff things which surprisingly didn't dissolve as fast as I thought they would
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2017-08-11 12:45 PM
Do it! He'll surprise you! It definitely is tough to see them gag and spit something out but you will have to go through it at some point. Have you read anything about baby led weaning? I'm not trying to push it, just recommend. We did a combo of BLW and purees, so not hard core BLW by any means.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-13 6:37 PM
I have read some about it. It's the gagging thing that concerns me even though I know it is natural
Parent - By happysnappy (full of awesome) [us] Date 2017-08-11 7:05 AM
wTE is ok but not my fave. The Mayo Clinic one became my go to. And I've gotten their guide for baby's first year too.
Parent - By Fry [us] Date 2017-08-11 9:52 AM
For a humorous take on it, I liked the girlfriend's guide to pregnancy.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Preggo book recommendation (NOT FOR ME)