Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursday NRR
- - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-08-10 12:41 PM
Bored at work so post...
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-08-10 12:50 PM
Lots going on here...
Remember SILs DS who got married a few months ago well I'm sure you can all figure out where this is going. The 2 who can't afford food, keep quitting jobs because it's not fun working are having a baby.:shocker!::roll: SIL informed me last weekend that I'll have to host another shower, great! Best part she is due spring so shower would be in the busiest time for us with O's bday, vacation, dance competitions and all that surrounds that.
Need some good vibes sent to puppy, the dog we adopted this winter has a large mass on her neck. Hadn't noticed it until today. She is still a little less social than our other dog so not uncommon that we wouldn't notice a little change but thus is big. Taking her to vet after work.
I've been doing contract work the past few months while I figure out my life! Tuesday i had a second interview for a job that would fit perfect in with our crazy schedule. They said 1-2 weeks before I would hear anything.
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-08-10 12:59 PM
Wow, wish I had some magic words to tell you to say to get out of hosting the shower.

Prayers for pup and you all. 

May they be looking for the apple that you are!
Parent - - By elmtree Date 2017-08-10 1:30 PM
I'd tell her that no, you cannot host the shower. Period.

Good luck to the puppy!!!!  :hug:
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-08-10 2:09 PM
At least I have a few months to figure out a semi-nice way to tell them no. DH says I need to be nice :roll:
Parent - By elmtree Date 2017-08-10 2:35 PM
DH can figure out a nice way to tell them or you can tell them your way.
Parent - - By moonglow9 Date 2017-08-10 2:45 PM
"While we wish you the best, hosting a shower is not something we can take on at that time."
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2017-08-10 2:49 PM
Hiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-08-10 3:00 PM
OHH that's good!

Hi Moonglow!!!!!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-08-10 3:22 PM
Exactly. :happy:
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-08-10 3:25 PM
This is perfect!
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2017-08-10 1:52 PM
Why is it your responsibility to host every shower? :meh:  I'm with elmtree on this one -- I'd refuse to do it.

Good vibes for puppy. :hug:
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-08-10 2:11 PM
SIL says because it is sibling responsibility, so I guess that means DH gets to host?!
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-08-10 2:17 PM
Your SIL is crazy. It's not a sibling responsibility to host that. And I'm with elm, say no, and I don't see why you have to be nice, just be firm, you have too much going on and can't host.
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2017-08-10 2:19 PM
Traditionally family members did not host such events, as it risked being seen as an internal gift grab. Showers and such were hosted by unrelated close friends. Say no.
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-08-10 2:19 PM
Uh no, it's actually faux pas for the family to host showers anyway.  Her FRIENDS should be putting together a shower for her.
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-08-10 2:24 PM
That's what I've always thought too. And someone offers to host, not told they will!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-10 2:54 PM
Nope, it's not sibling responsibility. Traditionally it is friends who organize a shower. And someone volunteers to host it.
Parent - - By stickywicket Date 2017-08-11 4:08 AM
I've never heard of a rule like this. Sounds like it's pretty convenient for her...:roll:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-11 10:49 AM
Good point. How about she hosts a few parties for O?
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-10 2:53 PM
SIL informed you that you have to host another shower? Gosh, too bad that you are booked every weekend during the spring. SIL can darned well host, no matter that she's the grandmother.  (Hmm. Which term will annoy her most, Granny or Grandma or something else?)

Good thoughts for the pup. And good luck with the job.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-10 1:30 PM
Has anyone used Crest whitestrips or a similar product recently? I am really unhappy with the color of my teeth but I'm not sure I want to pay the dentist office prices quite yet. Has anyone used the Crest strips or one of the store-brand alternatives? Did you have a good experience?
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-08-10 1:31 PM
My dentist suggested trying the Crest Whitestrips before pulling out his big guns.  I need to get on that.
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-08-10 2:08 PM
I've used in past and my teeth got sore but they are super sensitive. It worked as a short term solution but I continue to drink coffee so I should probably do it again.
Parent - By BoredTemp [us] Date 2017-08-10 2:16 PM
they're ok, but nothing dramatic.   

They can make your teeth sensitive and if they do, trust me, the professional zoom thing will be even worse so they are a good trial run.
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2017-08-10 2:52 PM
I have, I felt like they did help and I'll do it again. I'm just waiting to be done with being pregnant/nursing b/c I don't like using extra stuff that isn't "recommended."

I say it's worth a shot and maybe it will help and make you feel better about your teeth! They aren't too expensive if you can combine a sale and coupon, I think I did that at Walgreens before.

ETA: I think you can do 7 day or 14 day or something like that...I recommend the shorter duration. I lost stamina and didn't feel like doing it for 2 weeks when I tried those.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-11 6:47 AM
I was debating 7 vs 14 day, I was afraid 7 wouldnt do enough but that is a good point on losing stamina
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-08-10 6:35 PM
Some good puppy news, looks like infected salivary gland cyst. She's on antibiotics but may need surgery to fully drain it or remove. Good news is very unlikely it is cancer, waiting on final pathology results Monday.
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2017-08-10 7:26 PM
Yay!  I hope the antibiotics will be enough to fix the problem.
Parent - By stickywicket Date 2017-08-11 4:07 AM
Yay!:happy:
Parent - By elmtree Date 2017-08-11 7:30 AM
Very good news!!!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-11 7:40 AM
:cool::cool:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-11 3:06 PM
Glad to hear it!
- - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-08-11 11:47 AM
Gavin went back to school today. 5th grade. Last year of Elementary. It was a very hard day for me without Evan. He loved school so much. I know if he had to choose the last semester of his life going to school or around the world trip he would have chosen school. And 5th grade was really the last good year Evan had in school, he was diagnosed before 6th grade and missed that year and only got his one semester 7th grade. Gavin is very happy with his class and school and being the big kid on campus. :hug: Every milestone this year is going to really suck for me. :sad:
Parent - By laxrunner Date 2017-08-11 11:56 AM
:hug::hug: Thinking of you. I'm glad that Gavin is happy with his class.
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-08-11 12:23 PM
I can imagine there will be many milestones that will suck.  :hug::hug::hug:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-08-11 1:29 PM
:hug::hug:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-11 3:18 PM
The first year is the worst. Hang in there.

Good luck to Gavin with 5th grade. Will he be doing a state project? If so I recommend Kansas. It's square and it's flat. Take it from the person who with her offspring made models of South Carolina (DD) and Wisconsin (DS) out of cookie dough, using buttercream to build up the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-08-11 3:26 PM
:hug::hug:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursday NRR