Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / you can't make this stuff up Thursday Aug 10
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-10 5:31 AM
An article in the morning paper titled "Should you Pee on your Yard?"       You can't make that up!:laugh:   Condensed version - yes, if you dilute it properly.

So QOTD:  Favorite pit stops on your run.  Post 'em.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-10 5:35 AM
So you are supposed to pee in your watering can i private and not offend your neighbors.   Then add the appropriate amount of water from the garden hose and voila!     I cannot get past peeing in the watering can......

All advice is welcome.

I have a couple large trees to hide behind on one of my routes.  Another goes by a convenient store and another runs past the Y.  So all is well on that front.  I'm not good on holding it until the end of the run.  That takes too much concentration.

Taking my new shoes for another run around the neighborhood today.  Waiting on the rain.   Good Thursday all!!
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-08-10 5:54 AM
One of our backyard neighbors (fortunately for us, NOT one that in the summer is in direct line of sight), the man of the house walks out regularly to pee :meh: I'm not sure how many times the people to the side of us has actually SEEN that. I can say that our dog Lucy, can not stand the guy. Like instant dislike in a big way and goes nuts whenever he is out and she sees him.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-08-10 7:41 AM
i would think peeing in the watercan might be a tough sell for the ladies. My boys would love it.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-08-10 6:30 AM
Up and at it for school day #2.  First day was a success. 

I ran my normal, never-boring 8 mile route this morning.  There are no good spots for a pee break on this route after the first 2.5 miles because I'm always running past houses. 

QOTD:  Trails:  Anywhere except ON the trail.  Some of my rural road routes have places where there are no houses or people within eyesight with a wooded area so I take advantage of those spots.  Cornfield at JFK.:laugh:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-10 7:07 AM
I vaguely remember a cornfield at JFK story....
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-10 7:32 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-08-10 7:42 AM
That was some well watered cornfield at JFK
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-08-10 8:23 AM
Yes the cornfield.   The farmer probably plants white corn but it comes out yellow every year.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-10 8:28 AM
you have shattered my image of your daily 8 mile.  I always pictured the solitary long distance runner on a lonely road; no signs of life anywhere.  Now you tell me there are houses.  Jeesh.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-10 1:53 PM
:laugh:
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-10 7:32 AM
:grin: Howdy 9.4 miles today. better run.

warming up, morning still cool.

QOTD: I tell my kids this: someone is always watching. always. even when you think no one can see...with that being said. I pee in my yard. where no one can see. I pee in the woods. where no one can see. I don't know how much I care if some one can see. I've got to pee.

today in my hood. two young male runners. stereotypical no shirt and black shorts. sans man bun. I've never seen them before. I run by, they say good morning, I say it back.  they are now behind me, then they pass, I hear one say: that's a hot old lady runner. the other hits him in the arm. I'm not sure if I should be offended or pleased. I am both. :happy:
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-08-10 7:43 AM
Good morning Hot Old Lady Runner! I swear it wasnt me running in your hood.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-10 8:02 AM
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-08-10 8:24 AM
Did you stop and pee?
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-10 1:54 PM
yes
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-10 8:25 AM Edited 2017-08-10 8:28 AM
I love your pee poem.  If Mark H was around he'd turn it into a song.   anyway....pee puts nitrogen and potassium into the soil so all good.  You can be a hot old lady fertilizing machine.

I got passed by the high school cross country team today.  They just laughed.:sad:

And another thing.  You and your husband were in my dream last night.  We were all in church. ????
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-10 1:55 PM
ummmmm church? maybe me but not david. reading your dream, I would expect lightening or maybe hell to freeze over.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-08-10 11:02 AM
You should be pleased.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-10 1:55 PM
:hug:
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-08-10 7:47 AM
Good morning fellow peers

Running the Dawn 10k before my noon meeting

QOTD-lots of places on my runs. Early morning dark runs aren't a problem. daytime runs i am more selective. there are 3 parks in town that have decent porta potties.
My boys and i pee outback a lot. but we have woods and no neighbors behind us.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-10 8:29 AM
nothing like a good 10k.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-08-10 8:38 AM
A favorite praise song of mine.....10,000 Reasons.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-10 9:05 AM
:happy: yep.  I like that one too,
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-10 1:55 PM
it's almost dinner. how did it go?
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-08-10 1:56 PM
ok. 6.21 easy miles. pretty nice out there today.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-11 5:35 AM
yeah it was
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-08-10 8:36 AM
Mr P here or is that Mr Pee?    Splendid run walk on Amtrak trail this morning.  Lots of runners walkers out this morning.  That always makes me pick up the pace because I don't want to look like a slouch.   There are porta pots on that trail.   Mostly I run around town, lots of houses, so no watering the trees.   I do know most of the pit stops in and around town.  

My former back neighbor was a frequent one to pee in the bucket.  He was oriental and made his own fertilizer.  Big gardens.   I do not do that with the garden on the front lawn of the church.   

Concert was good and a great crowd on a beautiful night. We did cheese steaks.    Music was Island and Trop which was a trio.  They were very good.  Some Jimmy Buffet, Beach Boys and others but their original stuff was great too.   The gal behind me won the 50-50.  That was ticket sold right after me.   Closest I've come.  

Ice Cream report:   Delaware River Gold Rush for me and Ton of Toffee for Lynda.   Man it's good stuff. 

Tom in DE
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-10 1:56 PM
ice cream. yum
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-08-10 10:17 AM
Boy, I am off to a slow start.  I slept till 7!

Had a bed delivered and that is all set up.  Did my upper body and cardio videos.  I really need to do some household chores and I will probably do them this evening.  My husband will be golfing so I will be home alone.

Tom's ice cream choices looked fabulous! 

QOTD -- I need to have a bathroom -- none of this peeing in the yard.

Enjoy the day!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-08-10 10:51 AM
And no peeing on the golf course.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-10 1:57 PM
Up Topic Communities / Masters / you can't make this stuff up Thursday Aug 10