Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursday is Here dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-08-10 5:30 AM
Post what you wish. :happy:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-08-10 5:31 AM
Wednesday the soreness was better so I did my 45 minute trail run, then lots of stretches with a soaky bath again. That seems to be a good combo. I’ve been seeing the Great Blue Heron standing in the quiet area. It is so dignified looking! Beautiful bird. :cool:
Today I am off to the trail again. Definitely cooler in the mornings. Great sleeping weather though. They have stopped hammering on the bricks of the building. The peace is deafening! :laugh:
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By BoredTemp [us] Date 2017-08-10 7:51 AM
Went for a run.
Saw a lovely patch of honeysuckle.
Turned my head for a second and got distracted.
Hit the pavement with my knee, palm, and face.
Going to look really spiffy at my presentation at work today.   

Oops.

LOL
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-08-10 8:33 AM
Ouch!!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-08-10 9:13 AM Edited 2017-08-10 9:17 AM
Awwww! :hug::hug: I'm so sorry and probably ALL of us identify with you. :sad: I know I have been there and done that more than once. :blush:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-10 9:29 AM
Oww, sorry. Hate when that happens. Face as well?
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-08-10 1:17 PM
Ouch!
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-08-10 8:40 AM
Bike ride to the trainer in the spitting rain, just enough to be annoying, not enough to really get wet. 

Upper body, I still have no idea what we're working on, but he knows.  I hate those stupid inch worm things.  I tried to negotiate out of them today, but he wasn't buying it.  I like him for that, while I was hating him for it at the same time.  :laugh:  Then he had me try this other exercise that was a colossal failure.  I tried several times, but I wasn't coordinated or strong enough to pull it off.  There as much laughter as I literally face planted trying to do it (thankfully I was in pushup position so there wasn't far to go).  I had to have looked like a beached whale trying to crawl back to the water.  He modified it and I was able to do it, but it was hard because I kept laughing at my previous face plants.  :laugh::laugh:

Bike ride to work in the same spitting "rain".  My front light went out, needs charging.  Going through the tunnel was a little hairy since it's gloomy out and the lighting in there is terrible.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-08-10 9:16 AM
I can sure identify with you on the "not strong enough" to pull some exercises off.
It seems like lighting in ANY tunnel is awful. You would think they would improve it.:roll:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-10 9:31 AM
What is an inch worm thing?

When you're laughing too hard to do the exercise, and you're in push up position, at least that is also core work!

Spitting rain is most annoying, but at least you had the bike and didn't get the car all spotty.
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-08-10 1:14 PM
Standing with feet shoulder width apart, bend down and put your palms on the floor (bend your knees if you have to).  Now walk your hands forward until you're in a push-up position, hold for 10 seconds or when you get strong enough do a push-up.  Then walk your hands back to your starting point and push yourself to a standing position.  Repeat 9 more times, rest, and do another 2 sets. 

To be an inch worm, you're supposed to walk your legs up to your hands after the hold/push up, but our room is limited and it's more torture to your arms to make them walk backward.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-10 2:55 PM
So in effect a slow-motion burpee?
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-08-10 3:02 PM
Yeah, sort of.  But puts most of the work on your upper body, not your legs (which is what happens with my burpees, but I could be doing them wrong).
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-08-11 8:27 AM
You just described how I get off the floor without knee strength or kneeling.  Roll to floor, do pushup into down dog to standing.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-10 9:32 AM
3.2 miles again this morning. I would like to get back to 4 as a default!
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-08-10 1:18 PM
10 miles with 800m repeats hard and moderate with no real rest for 4 miles, yikes!
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursday is Here dailies