Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wandering Wednesday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-08-09 5:26 AM
I'll wander out to run? :happy:
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-08-09 5:27 AM
Tuesday the Osprey with the very white head was visible in the nest. Others were off fishing in the river probably. Run was a good 45 minutes and the glutes/sitting bones are a lot better. Lots of stretching afterward and a warm soaky bath helped. That would be good for today as well.
Today I am off to the trail. Cool here, really like Fall.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-09 12:54 PM
Are you sure it's not a bald eagle?
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-08-09 3:15 PM
I've seen it out of the nest, perched on a pole and it was shaped like an Osprey. However, last year I did see an Eagle go into the nest before the Ospreys came in for the Spring. I know, I wondered that as well. Thing is, the Ospreys don't mind it at all. :laugh:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-09 4:02 PM
Do they normally tolerate each other? I'd have thought they would be competing for the same niche in the ecology (large fish-eating bird nesting in the tops of trees).
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-08-09 6:52 AM
USDO here.  My schedule got a little bit off last week and I was trying to get back on track this week, but dumping rain and a severe weather advisory meant no run this morning.  I did run yesterday, but can't run tomorrow because I have to go pick up A and take her to an appointment on the far side of the city early tomorrow morning.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-09 12:54 PM
As said to spccer6, that's a sensible decision in that kind of weather.

Could you take A and then run while she's at the appointment?
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-08-09 8:29 AM
USDO - Now I'm certain it's either lunges or squats making the knee mad.  It was all good until we did legs yesterday and poof today it's all squishy again.  Drove in because forecast is flash floods and rain all day.  I'm a weather wimp; beginning to think this biking thing isn't gonna work.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-09 12:53 PM
My knee doesn't like lunges either.

I don't think you're a weather wimp, you're being rightfully cautious. It's not so much getting rained on, it's how badly people drive in the rain. If you had a dedicated road all to yourself that you could use to bike from home to the office, that would be one thing, but you're on roads with cars some of the time, aren't you?
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-08-09 12:59 PM
Yeah, I share the road for part of the commute.  I know it was the right decision, but, I don't know.  I'm frustrated and feeling like I'm not living up to my goal of being consistent.  KWIM?
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-09 4:03 PM
Absolutely. Just because it's a sensible decision doesn't mean it's not frustrating.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-09 12:52 PM
Wandered out this morning for 3.2. I can't seem to get out early enough to get 4 in!

The dead feline on the road finally got picked up after several people called it in. Poor thing.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-09 4:03 PM
And 6.2 on the TM at lunch. Yay!
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wandering Wednesday dailies