Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / If your last name is/was Scaggs....
- - By Mookiethedog Date 2017-08-08 9:06 PM
would you think of naming your child Boz?

Second part of the question....if your last name was Taylor would you consider naming your child Swift if you think they will be able to run fast....and would the name work for a girl or a boy?

Asking for a friend.

Name and address withheld by request
Parent - By IB [us] Date 2017-08-08 10:01 PM
No.

No and yes.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-08-09 6:39 AM
No. That would be a dirty dirty low down thing to do.

No and No. No one should saddle a person with a first name of Swift, Flash, or Starshine.
Parent - - By mutiger [us] Date 2017-08-09 7:34 AM
Mookie is having a baby! :shocker!:
Parent - - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2017-08-09 11:53 AM
Mookie's a woman?!!! :shocker!::shocker!::shocker!:
Parent - By mutiger [us] Date 2017-08-11 9:34 AM
His wife is pregnant and he is in the doghouse, that is why he is posting here so much lately
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-09 10:53 AM
His parents named him William. Willy Scaggs. Billy or Bill Scaggs. Of course he adopted the cool-ass nickname by which we know him. Who wouldn't?
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-09 12:33 PM
No and no.

Parents should not inflict cutesy or "funny" names on a child. If the child wants to adopt such a name as an adult, that's his/her own decision, but parents should not do that to a baby. They're not the person who is going to have to live with the fallout on the elementary school playground.
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-09 1:26 PM
My parents thought Kieron was a fine name, saw nothing wrong with it. Had they spent a few more years in this country before they gave it to my brother, they might have spared him. It'd work now, but in the early 70s, if you weren't Steve, Dave, or John...

"Hey, that sounds kind of like uuuu-rihn, ha ha ha ha ha, Urine. We'll just shorten that to Yellow. Ha ha ha."

He got into quite a few fights.
Parent - - By sideshowbob Date 2017-08-09 7:11 PM Edited 2017-08-09 7:17 PM
My parents named me Brendan --named after an Irish sainted monk who supposedly sailed in a curragh from Tralee on the West of Ireland to Iceland , Greenland and finally landed in what is now Newfoundland way earlier than the Vikings or that Italian guy.
So--never had a nickname and to this day, I still get mail addressed to Brenda :roll:
Oh well, we all have a cross to bear.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-10 9:45 AM
My dad was Leslie and frequently got mail addressed to Ms. Leslie [lastname]. Annoyed him greatly.
Parent - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2017-08-10 12:09 PM
Leslie West played a pretty mean guitar. :hug:
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-11 5:25 PM
One of my uncles was named Lorraine. Grandma admitted that simply was a mistake, that she didn't know that Lorraine was supposed to be a girl's name. It didn't matter as everyone throughout his life knew him as Haine. He always was just Uncle Haine to me. Leslie in my understanding is a perfectly fine male name in Great Britain, no?
Parent - - By Mookiethedog Date 2017-08-11 6:28 PM
My peeps are English and my sister is a Leslie but she spells it differently
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-11 9:02 PM
Lesley? My bro (hardwoodrunner on the forum) had a couple Leslie speakers back when he was in a rock band. They were pretty awesome, with the big speakers spinning in a huge cabinet to give a natural vibrato to his keyboard playing, perfect for the early 1970s sound. And the Leslie sound never has been reproduced, even in this remarkable digital age.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-11 9:42 PM
Yes, and Bob Hope started life as a Leslie. However, he discovered early on that when one is listed as "Hope, Leslie" it will be pronounced Hopelessly...hence "Bob".
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-11 9:55 PM
:laugh: I never knew that about Bob Hope.

Thanks for both those things.
Parent - - By Mookiethedog Date 2017-08-12 8:57 AM
That is the only funny thing I've ever heard about or from Bob Hope :laugh:
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-08-12 10:03 AM
POTW! :laugh:
Parent - - By mutiger [us] Date 2017-08-10 11:29 AM
I work with a guy whose name is Brendon. now, explain that :meh:
Parent - By sideshowbob Date 2017-08-10 2:17 PM
His parents can't spell ?
Parent - - By IB [us] Date 2017-08-10 6:10 PM
What needs to be explained?
Parent - By mutiger [us] Date 2017-08-11 9:35 AM
I guess people can name their kid what they want and spell it anyway they want to also
Parent - - By Mookiethedog Date 2017-08-10 9:26 PM
fucking hell dude...your name is Mutiger....I will be a Brendon anyday...and if we connect you can call me Brendong
Parent - - By mutiger [us] Date 2017-08-11 9:36 AM
says mookiethedong : pbbt:
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-11 5:12 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2017-08-11 6:27 PM
:hug:
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-11 10:30 PM
Oh I never answered your questions but I'll try.

As far as Boz, why not? Scaggs couldn't get any worse. Remember the ancient SNL skit about Smuckers?

As far as Swift, sure! Taylor Swift is an awesome name, as would be Swift Taylor. If I reasonably could rename myself it would be Swift Johnson although that would be misnomer at this point in my life tho still cool.:wink: It definitely would fit for my kid, though.:grin: Now I have another life regret not naming my son Swift.:meh:
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2017-08-12 9:02 AM
Remember Bosley from Charlie's Angels?  I was always frustrated I could only get Farrah Fawcett, Jaclyn Smith, Kate Jackson (the smart Angel) and Cheryl Ladd posters.  :laugh:
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / If your last name is/was Scaggs....