Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / TTYL Tuesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-08 5:53 AM
Good morning!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-08 6:07 AM
--Got the check from the insurance on the house. It was $67 more than I was expecting. :cool:

--Got the deed of release on my office building yesterday too. :cool:

--Sliced the end of my middle finger. It’s not real bad but it’s worse than a paper cut. Bad spot.

--Got in yesterday morning for a massage to try to get this arm/hand thing worked out. Like I kind of thought, it’s all in my upper arm. Deltoid and the attachments were on fire. I think the hand is just falling asleep as a result. Forearm isn’t in too bad of shape, nor is the hand itself. I have another appointment a week from today.

--Sarge barked and chased something off in the middle of the night. Such a good boy. :happy:

--Put together a flyer for the garage sale last night. I thought I’d take it around to all the flea markets (the owners of those places are vultures at garage sales) and put a few up at places like the grocery store, hardware store, convenience stores, etc. The list continues to grow!

--I think my esthetician is going to be leaving the middle of October. I’ve been expecting it. She is getting married. Her fiancé works in Texas as a welder (can’t find good pay around here) so she is going to go there with him....and live in a camper. Not sure how all this is going to work. I think she is going to get ridiculously homesick and bored. I suggested maybe coming back once a month....it’s just a 7 1/2 hour drive.....to visit her family and take a couple days worth of appointments. That seems like a great idea expect she does not feel comfortable driving alone that far. Oh my. At her age I was in the car alone driving cross country!

--Not that I’m really looking for anyone but the girl I trade massage with may be interested in coming in with me. Something to consider.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-08-08 6:25 AM
I need a massage
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-08 6:28 AM
I bet you’re about a weeks worth of work. :meh:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-08-08 6:32 AM
at least
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-08 6:40 AM
:cry: I can relate. And, I’m barely even running. :meh:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-08-08 6:50 AM
I can relate to your esthetician.  It took me to mid-adulthood to be somewhat comfortable interstate driving.  :blush:  Of course the only way to get comfortable doing it is to just do it.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-08 8:48 AM
My mom is still afraid of the interstate. Although in her case it keeps getting worse because she doesn't do it. It is a lost cause at this point.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-08 8:24 AM
Yay for unexpected money!

I can't imaging caring about a drive like that. But I've always loved being on the road.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-08 8:48 AM
Living in a camper sounds terrible. Sounds like those tiny house shows. Well or where my parents go in FL for the winter, some people live out of their RV or camper all winter.

Make that garage sale money!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-08 9:13 AM
Garage sale money=house fund money. :cool:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-08 9:36 AM
that's no fun
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-08-08 6:23 AM
~Finishing another Whole 30 today.

~So exhausted. 6p-8p practices are killing me

~Ordered custom medals for our XC invitational next month. Also did custom medals for our Track Meet in the spring. Had to type in all of the engraving for each medal. 300 of them.

~I cannot WAIT for this Eclipse to be over

~Nike jacked up our order for new XC uniforms. They won't be here until after season has started. Distributor is "making it good" by quickly printing up unis on singlets they have in stock and sending them (hopefully before our first meet). What it means for us is....we have to pass out uniforms THREE FREAKING TIMES. And it's a pain in the ass to do it just once.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-08-08 6:48 AM
When does school start?  You move to after school practices then, right?
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-08-08 6:51 AM
They start Monday with half days. We will move to normal 3:30-5:30 time then. (actually starting Friday so they can go to the football jamboree that night). So just 3 more night practices!!
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-08 8:25 AM
School starts with half days? That is a new one.:wtf:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-08 8:26 AM
Sounds like a long and boring process for those medals. :shocker!:

Impressed with the Whole 30 stuff. Good job!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-08 8:49 AM
Do you feel better after Whole 30?

That's nice they are making it right with the uniforms if not annoying still.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-08-08 6:56 AM
*I'm waiting for it to be 8 to call the doctor's office and try and get Joseph in for his ankle.  We're almost 2.5 weeks out and it's still swelling up if he does much of anything. :sad:  But he's off marching band for a week now, so maybe that will help it finally heal up.  Of course school starts Thursday...  I doubt the doctor can do anything, but it's not like I have a medical degree so guess we will at least go in and see if he thinks there's anything alarming going on.

*It's so nice having Anthony home, but it does feel like he's just here for a (brief) visit.  He's only home for a week and he's spending 2 of those days going down to Indy to see friends, so really he won't be here much at all.

*Stupid Best Buy website won't finish loading so I can maybe buy something.  :mutmad: Going on 10 minutes now.  :roll: Just their site.

*It's been so nice having the weather not be so hot.  I'm loving having the air off and baking.  :grin:

*Yesterday everyone was up and moving pretty early here.  Today notsomuch.  :laugh:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-08-08 7:05 AM
Hope you guys get his ankle under control
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-08-08 8:19 AM
Thanks.  :hug:  I got him an 10:00 appointment.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-08 8:26 AM
Good to hear.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-08 7:46 AM
What are you baking? :wink:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-08-08 8:14 AM
Let's see, two kinds of cookies, with 2 more in dough form in the fridge.  Blueberry muffins and a cake.  :shocker!:  So far.  :laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-08 8:51 AM
:shocker!::laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-08 9:14 AM
I made blueberry/rhubarb muffins the other day. They are so good. :grin:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-08 8:51 AM
Where do you think Anthony will land after graduation?

What kind of cookies? M had salted caramel snickerdoodles yesterday (it was a premade package) they were pretty good
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-08-08 9:56 AM
Anthony is hoping to stay in Nashville. :meh:

I made chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin. I have chocolate  chip and peanut butter chip dough in the fridge.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-08 10:17 AM
awww man I was hoping he was thinking Chicago would be nice
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-08 8:43 AM
What a long freaking weekend. It was good and productive but long.

The funeral for my BFFs father is Saturday. Her future ex-husband cheating liar is banned from attending or showing his face in the entire state of Georgia.

Baseball practice starts Thursday. I really want to like baseball but seriously think that Sundays should be for tournaments ONLY. And I think that Kindergartners should not be starting practice at 7:30 at night. They should be ending then. Random scheduling for practices and games is a whole new world for me. I'm going to have to adjust. Like I need more to arrange....but at least this means I won't have to automatically rotate between kids on Thursdays.

Tomorrow I will be refinancing my house! Yay! While I've gone broke in the past 3 months hopefully after this I'll be able to dig myself back out like I did 3 years ago. Can you believe I have been on my own for that long???:shocker!: The extra mortgage payment that I don't have to pay will go to refilling my savings that I've demolished. Then next month the budget I'm used to should be reset and I can start fresh.....unless of course my car breaks down again or i need new brakes or wtfe at this point I just have no clue what will be next.

Sure as hell hope the money Q is keeping is going to good use getting him either out of debt or into a place of his own.:roll::roll:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-08 8:53 AM
My friend's experience with baseball was the same - I couldn't believe that practices weren't standard, but instead it was like random Mon at 7 then Tues at 5 then Sat at 3 but then the next week completely different days/times. I think they also had Sunday games which surprised me too

3 years already???  Has it been 3 years in this house or just on your own? I can't imagine 3 years in the house
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-08 9:09 AM
3.5 Years since Q walked out
3 years 1 month in job
2.5 years actually divorced
Almost 2 years in new house
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-08 9:15 AM
Moving forward. :happy:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-08 9:55 AM
:happy:

Just transferred money to get my money order for the closing tomorrow. My overall balance of all my accounts is so low:cry: But I know I can get it back up, and probably in a shorter amount of time this time...:cool:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / TTYL Tuesday RTTs