Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / About time for a GoT thread with spoilers
1 2 Previous Next  
- - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-07 8:55 PM
Holy crap was last night's episode amazing?! Dragon fire, Stark kids, Brienne, Theon, Littlefinger, maybe the death of Jaime and Bronn, semi-alliance between Dany and Jon, and so much more.

We watched Dunkirk on IMAX in the afternoon and after GoT were completely spent. That might be my favorite GoT episode yet although there have been other great ones. What say you how the series is winding down/up?
Parent - - By stickywicket Date 2017-08-08 4:40 AM
The main characters are all gathering. Very cool to see that happening.

I'm impressed with Bronn's leap. He would have had to jump over a galloping horse, timed just right to push Jaime into the water.
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-08 10:36 AM
I'm impressed they are able to move armies faster than I can at RISK : pbbt:
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-08 5:30 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-08 5:17 PM
Yeah I'm liking the get-togethers too. Some reuniting and some first-time meetings but all very cool.
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-08-08 6:03 AM
Skeletor is my favorite character.
Parent - By neustkg (Important) Date 2017-08-08 6:12 AM Edited 2017-08-08 6:15 AM
I prefer Nathan Brazil.

Although Skeletor is funny
Parent - - By mkh (Mr. Fashionista) Date 2017-08-08 6:32 AM
Until Sunday's episode I was tired of the show a bit. You'd get characters you like, here is 5 minutes of them over the course of 5 shows, and now they lost and are gone. I get the idea, but it's just redundant at this time. Sunday was good, though no way the scorpion is ever going to be accurate enough to actually hit a flying dragon. The cliffhanger was dumb as well because we know it's not the end.
Parent - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-08 10:37 AM
But are they going to be captured or not :wtf:
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-08 10:56 AM

> Until Sunday's episode I was tired of the show a bit.

Same. For the first time since starting it, I contemplated not watching it anymore. In Euron, they've recycled the psychopathic demon character arc one time too many. If he develops the way he appears to be, then it's some seriously lazy-ass writing.
Parent - - By elmtree Date 2017-08-08 11:44 AM
Y'all would really hate watching soap operas. They recycle plots for DECADES.
Parent - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2017-08-09 3:38 PM
Haha I was flipping channels yesterday and landed on Days of our lives and the TV guide description said "Marlena breaks up with John" my god they did that 10 times over when I was watching it 20yrs ago :laugh:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2017-08-08 3:49 PM
But he does have some pretty funny lines. :laugh:
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-08-08 7:20 AM
Yes, pretty amazing episode. You sort of knew it was coming when Tyrion told Theon, well Dany is not here at the moment. Sort of funny how Tyrion transported himself so quickly to Westeros to see the final part of the battle. That's at least 2 chapters in the book that has yet to be finished!

Thought the dragons would be used first against the white walkers but I guess this makes sense. They will eventually toast a lot of white walkers I believe. Trying to figure out what Cersei and Qyburn have up there sleeve next. They always seem to find a way to turn the tables in their favor.

The show is moving rapidly now. Seems there is a battle nearly every week. Less talk more action. Maybe the wrap of the show will spur George Martin to finish the damn books, so we can find out how Brienne gets away from the tree she is hanging on, how Tyrion not Jorah Mormant recovers from the grey scale, and other oddities.
Parent - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-08 10:39 AM

> Sort of funny how Tyrion transported himself so quickly to Westeros to see the final part of the battle.

He took a dragon :shocker!:
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-08 10:49 AM

> Sort of funny how Tyrion transported himself so quickly to Westeros

A great feature of the GOT universe is the ready availability of wormholes to quickly transport characters vast distances in service of subplots. Funny that some of us have more trouble with this departure from realism while we happily accept dragons and ice zombies with supernatural powers. (Having just now typed that sentence, I will force myself to accept the wormholes.) I am also puzzled/disturbed by Varys's deep tan this season. It appears to be permanent.

> Trying to figure out what Cersei and Qyburn have up there sleeve next.

Given how satisfying this episode was in advancing the cause of the good guys, I think we should expect to see Cersei, Qyburn, and Euron have some evil victory that will break everyone's hearts. I bet my left testicle they kill off another beloved character next week.

I also predict George Martin will not produce another book in the series. The show has taken over and gotten so far ahead of him, he's faced with following the show's narrative in a hollow echo or inventing a new narrative that will struggle to compete with the one firmly established by the show. A lot of the audience has never read the books, but I doubt many who've read the books aren't following the show. Martin put himself in a corner with the interminable delays on the next book.
Parent - By jennyO Date 2017-08-08 11:11 AM
I think you're right about no more books.  And now you've put me in the perverse position of hoping you're right about them killing off a beloved character, because I kind of prefer you with two testicles. :shocker!:

Another incongruity: anyone else notice how primitive most of the cave drawings looked but then the white walkers were perfectly rendered, and with bright blue eyes?  They didn't need to do that. :roll:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-08 1:06 PM
I've read the books and I'm not watching the show.
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-08 1:11 PM
I doubt many who've read the books aren't following the show.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-08 1:13 PM
Thank you. Missed the "m". :blush:
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-08 1:54 PM
actually, I just spoke to a friend who stopped watching the show after it forked from the books.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-08 5:30 PM
I like to read books before watching a show/movie, and did read the first three books before catching up on the show. But this is like a train on its own track now, and I'm not jumping off.
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-09 10:58 AM
There are a few books that, if they were made into movies, I might not go to see. And of those I would see, I'd keep myself on a short leash. With rare exception TV and movies have to change things, and there are some books I'd have a hard time seeing changed.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-08 5:23 PM
Yeah I'm really interested to see how Cersei will bounce back again. She always does.

Martin of course was supposed to finish the last book last year, then again by this past spring. Not sure what his problem is, although I understand he's collaborating on the writing for HBO.
Parent - - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2017-08-08 9:48 AM
what's GoT? :wtf:
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-08 5:13 PM
:roll:
Parent - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2017-08-09 11:53 AM
seriously. no clue.
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-08 10:35 AM
I was going to start a thread as well :laugh:

- "I'm going to fight for you in the North"  :grin::cool:
- "... If you bend the knee." :meh::roll:

- "chaos is a ladder" :shocker!::evil:
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-08 10:50 AM
Also...

"Who taught you that?"
- "No One" :roll:
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-08 10:57 AM
Arya is the highlight of the show (for me).
Parent - - By jennyO Date 2017-08-08 11:12 AM
Perhaps she'll kill Little Finger.  I'll jump for joy if that happens.
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-08 5:13 PM
My favorite line of the show was, "You need better guards.":laugh:
Parent - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-08 5:15 PM
also a good one :happy:
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-08-08 5:24 PM
BURN!
Parent - By gottarungirl Date 2017-08-15 9:09 PM
yes
Parent - By gottarungirl Date 2017-08-15 9:09 PM
Me too.
Parent - - By jennyO Date 2017-08-08 11:19 AM
I don't care that it's technically incest, I want Jon and Dany to get it on.  Seems the way they're headed, and a romantic alliance seems the best/only solution to their current bend-the-knee impasse.  Besides, the Targaeryens were known for incest, right?  Hasn't that been established, either in the books or the series?

I freaking loved the battle scene, loved seeing Dany ride Drogon and seeing the Lannisters get slaughtered.  I was sure Jaime was going to get burnt up, and I teared up big time.  I predict he'll be taken prisoner again and have some kind of rapprochement with Tyrion ... which may lead him to FINALLY turn his back on Cersei.
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-08 11:29 AM

> ... may lead him to FINALLY turn his back on Cersei.

He appears to have serious doubts about Cersei's actions, further establishing his good-but-conflicted guy status. It does seem the show is building towards Jaime having to make a choice. I don't believe Cersei would hesitate to kill him if she doubted his loyalty.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-08 1:08 PM
I don't think there's anyone Cersei would hesitate to kill if the person was inconveniencing her, let alone standing in her way.
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-09 11:03 AM
Agreed.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-09 4:46 PM
Hah, I agree too. Her humanity only ever surfaced in her own shame, or loss of something or someone close to her.
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-08 1:53 PM

> some kind of rapprochement with Tyrion

Jamie helped Tyrion escape King's Landing though ... I don't think he'll return the favor.
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-09 11:02 AM
Every hero has a weakness that can undo him. To the extent Tyrion is one of the show's heroes, I expect his weakness is the one family member who ever treated him with any kindness. I think Tyrion would save Jaime -- regardless of what he thought Jaime's next move would be -- and I can imagine it being the thing that gets him killed.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-09 4:42 PM
Good thoughts about heroes and Tyrion/Jaime and I can imagine that result too. To carry it one step further, Jaime to the extent that he's now a hero has his sister as his achilles heel/weakness more than his missing sword hand. I can envision a tragic ending to the Lannisters involving the three of them.
Parent - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-15 10:52 AM
Bend the knee indeed :mischief::wtf:
Parent - - By mkh (Mr. Fashionista) Date 2017-08-21 6:22 AM
Well that episode was meh.
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-21 6:41 AM
Meh at best.  :mutmad:
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-21 3:37 PM
I'm with meh also. The only really good moments were this and the hundreds (thousands?) of white walkers dragging the ice dragon to-be out of the ice.
Parent - - By mkh (Mr. Fashionista) Date 2017-08-22 6:29 AM
The first act was good. The banter, the bear, the flaming swords. That was good. The rest was pretty dumb and bad writing.
The Sansa and Arya thing is just stupid. Way to make Arya completely unlikable in the matter of two episodes. Nice work!
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-22 9:11 AM
It was a good episode for Dany.

Totally agreed on Arya and Sansa storyline. Going that dark with Arya so abruptly at this point in the series is some pretty shitty writing. I saw a headline yesterday asking if GOT is going the way of Lost.
Parent - - By jennyO Date 2017-08-22 2:56 PM
I think Arya is right to suspect Sansa is up to no good.  I suspect Sansa is about to tip over into villain territory.
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-22 3:51 PM
You might be right, but I still don't believe that she'll give up Jon. I sense a plunge into villainy with Littlefinger but with a final sacrifice and redemption at the end.
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-22 4:16 PM
The Arya Hates Sansa Now storyline does provide motivation for Sansa to get help from Littlefinger. It's just not terribly believable to me. Arya's all-consuming purpose is to avenge her family -- it would be nice if they came up with a more believable reason for her to turn on one of its surviving members. A letter Sansa wrote as the pubescent hostage of a family of psychopaths seems thin justification.

I'm still leaning towards Sansa making a choice she knows will harm Jon, and then Arya will have something real to be pissed about.

I'm preparing for the season finale to turn everything on its head again.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-22 4:37 PM
Sansa siding with Littlefinger, whatever the hell he has cooked up, is totally believable. She doesn't need Arya to push her there although maybe that's how it will play out. The letter was plain and out stupid, and I agree with you that it shouldn't be justification and wouldn't be believable for it to be the reason Arya turns on Sansa in major way. There would have to be more.

I'm also with you that Sansa will turn on Jon in the near term, maybe with a subtle choice or with something stronger, but she won't and can't destroy him and in fact may save him at the end even after she's mortally hurt him. (You know that redemption/rebirth is my favorite story in the universe, so maybe I'm projecting.:wink:) Arya could play into that storyline, and of course will be part of the story whatever happens to the Starks. I'm pretty guessless about what Arya's role would be...she's such an enigma/wild card at this point.

Yes, well-put about the finale.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-22 3:58 PM
Yes, the banter and the bear (and the flaming sword every time he lit it up) were pretty awesome. I'm with you about Arya, but she'll become likable again soon enough. I think.:wtf:
Parent - - By jennyO Date 2017-08-22 2:50 PM
Jeez, Tormand and The Hound battling side by side, and dragons swooping in and setting flame to scores of zombies is just sooooo boring, I guess. :roll::mutmad:
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-22 3:48 PM
:laugh: All of that was great, as was the Night King's javelin toss and the aftermath. On balance with the Arya-Sansa story and lack of stories in the South, I still grade it a meh.:wink:

Oh I also did really like Gendry's snow run a la out of marathon mythology. Together with the javelin, it was a good episode for track and field. My kid sent me the picture that I linked above, and today gave me this from an interview with the American record holder in the women's javelin. It's hilarious! (I totally suspend disbelief watching, but enjoy this kind of thing during the week.)
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-08-22 4:52 PM
I know. I miss the good old days of all the warging.
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-22 5:07 PM
Bran takes over a Dragon, boom war is over :roll:
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-22 5:24 PM
As I remember, Bran can't see the Night King.:wtf:
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-22 5:46 PM
Just saw a theory floating around that Bran is the Night King. Some time traveling, trying to change history thing.

GOT fan theories are entertaining.
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-22 5:54 PM
Yeah, right? :laugh:

Theories indeed...um just like we do here.:wink::blush:
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-22 5:56 PM
We make informed speculation. : pbbt:
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-22 5:56 PM
Yes, that's it.
Parent - By gottarungirl Date 2017-08-23 9:11 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::roll::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-08-22 6:40 PM
Jar Jar is the Night King.
Parent - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-25 3:53 PM
Castle Black is the Ewok Village.
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-22 6:17 PM
When he was in the cave the night king can actually sense a warg and trace back the location :wtf:
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-22 6:57 PM
Ah, that's it. Maybe why Bran didn't board a dragon and shouldn't.
Parent - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-23 9:08 AM
Even without warging, he might turn the tide by, I dunno, imparting some useful information gleaned from his omniscient knowledge of everything.  :roll:
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-22 5:06 PM Edited 2017-08-22 5:10 PM
Agreed, also it gets totally predictable.
I knew a Dragon was getting killed and being turned the moment they got surrounded.

I also like how that one dude can run back to the wall, get to the night's watch, send a raven to Dragonstone, have Dany fly back with her dragons, but not before having a conversation with Tyrion, and get there basically the next morning.

The distance between Winterfell and King's Landing (which is about the same distance to Dragonstone) is 1500 miles. The Wall is a couple of hundreds of miles north of Winterfell (say 200), so you're looking at close to 4000 miles. Given that a trained pigeon can fly 600 miles a day (and I'm sure they're not keeping that up for weeks) you're still looking at a couple of days travel. I'm sure 3 dragons flying 2,000 miles might be a little tired and hungry as well. :wtf:

Another Deus Ex Machina with uncle Benjen :roll:

Also, how about you kill the leader first :roll:
You see one Dragon die, next you just wait for the night king to get back to his horse, to fetch another spear :wtf:
Incinerating the Night King and your little walking dead crisis is over.

Same with the night king. How about throwing your spear at the Dragon on the ground right in front of you. You get the nice bonus of killing all the people sitting on top of him too. No, let's go for the one in the sky a couple of hundreds of yards away.

It just feels like they're trying too much to be crowd pleasers, with the obvious Dany/Snow romance they're going to milk out and the epic battles with major cliffhangers every episode. You just don't have this if you'd be following a book.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-22 5:22 PM
The time and distance transport definitely is annoying.:roll: I'm putting up with it because that's the only way they can advance the plot given the time left in the series.

While I agree with everything you say tom, you need to suspend disbelief a little more.: pbbt: Granted they're making it tougher to do that.

I especially agree that it's now more tv than the book story and early seasons on HBO. It seems like they are rushing to the end, and focusing on crowd pleasers as you put it. Lots more pace and subtleties in the books and early seasons. It's still good, though.:cool:
- - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-15 10:51 AM
I am starting to wonder if Littlefinger will broker some kind of alliance between Cersei and Sansa at some point that is going to complicate the living vs. dead narrative in the last season.
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-15 1:20 PM
I see this happening. She is one of the most interesting character arcs in the whole series. Jon remains Jon. I don't think he's learned anything, at least nothing that changed him much. Arya has become a more focused version of herself. Sansa is an entirely different and much more cynical character now. Cersei's probably capable of having Jaime killed if he starts to really get in her way. If it comes to that, I don't think Cersei would be at all bothered. I can see Sansa getting to a similar point where she'd give Jon up, with the only real difference being she'd feel bad about it.
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-15 8:17 PM
They've been leading to it, but I can't see Sansa giving up Jon.
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-16 10:48 AM
I don't think she'd see it as giving up Jon, but rather Jon pursuing some idealistic fool's errand and, having tried to counsel him otherwise on several previous occasions, deciding to let him go. I think Sansa learned a lot of painful lessons and will put them all to use ensuring her own security. (I don't believe she's motivated primarily by a desire for power, as has been hinted.) Realpolitik.
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-16 11:36 AM
Jon really wants to beat the white walkers, he's been named King of the North against his will really.
So I don't think he's that hung on being the King.
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-16 11:47 AM
I'm not suggesting that Jon is ambitious. The only thing he ever wanted that I could tell was to be a legitimate son, to know something about his mother. Jon sees the danger coming from the north and rightfully recognizes the larger need of all the warring factions to set aside those differences and meet the threat.

Jon's strength is also his weakness. He is an idealist, unrelentingly honorable, like Eddard. Though he sometimes recognizes the hazards of following his principles (allying with the Wildlings at Castle Black), he often doesn't (charging at Ramsay after Sansa warned him he'd be manipulated into exactly that kind of trap.)

I'm not predicting it will happen, but I won't be surprised if in the expected culling of major characters, Jon dies (again) because he did the hopelessly honorable thing, like his dad/uncle.
Parent - By gottarungirl Date 2017-08-16 7:59 PM
noooooooooooooooooo   :cry::cry:
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-15 8:15 PM
Littlefinger definitely remains the X factor, like he has through the books and the series. I can't see him brokering an alliance between Cersei and Sansa, though. Despite her differences with Jon, Sansa is and always be a Stark and part of the North.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-08-16 8:04 AM
I am sorry, but if Sansa allies with Cersei the show has completely jumped the shark. The things Cersei and the Lannister's (other than Tyrion) did to Sansa in King's Landing were beyond awful. Littlefinger just sees his usefulness in jeopardy, and is stirring the pot so to speak as he always does.
Parent - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-16 11:00 AM
I'm sure Sansa will always hate Cersei, but she has certainly learned about ruthlessness and alliances of convenience over the years, so I could see her being susceptible to a temporary alliance that she sees as clearing the way for her to take a bigger place on the stage than she could ever have under Queen Dany.
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-16 11:11 AM
Littlefinger gave Sansa to Ramsay knowing she'd be badly abused (though possibly not to the extent she was), and she knows it, yet she has been perfectly willing to ally with him to achieve her own ends. She is openly contemptuous of him, and this doesn't deter him in the slightest. He may even admire her pragmatism as a teacher would a student. The "game" of the title seems to be a race between those who think they can achieve a lasting victory without compromising their principles and those who readily accept that it isn't possible to survive while adhering to any kind of moral code. Sansa is currently moving toward the latter category. Maybe she'll pull back, but that's where she's headed. Doesn't make her evil like Cersei, just painfully, if understandably cynical.
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-16 8:14 PM
I gather that you don't like Sansa. :wink: I'm giving the spoiled abused brat a chance to do the right thing when it counts. :hug: (We're actually pretty much on the same page about her...she's definitely not evil but also of course not pure and naive any more, kind of on the fulcrum's edge. I think she'll be back on the side of good at the end because it would be a horrible message if she turns to the dark side after what she's endured after where she started from. She just doesn't have that innate flaw fitting the archetype of the fallen hero because she never wanted power but rather just wanted to be pretty and popular. I'm guessing and hoping that she'll wind up popular and powerful, but without compromising her goodness.)
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-17 11:51 AM
I don't dislike her. I'm impressed by Sansa, and I think she's one of the best, most dramatically developed character in the series. There's more tension in what she'll do next, and that's riveting.

I don't believe being pretty and popular has been a concern of hers since season 2. Since then, being alive and unraped seems to be the operating concern.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-17 10:41 PM
Points well-taken.

I was going to agree that she's developed more than anyone in the story but then remembered her sister. And Jaime. And Tyrion. And Theon. And Dany. And The Hound. And many more...it's so cool how the characters have developed and continue to evolve. But like you suggest, Sansa might be the most enigmatic especially opposed to the straight-line ones like Jon Snow or Cersei, The conclusion of this is going to be so much fun.
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-16 11:40 AM
I wonder why they didn't look for some kind of poison to get rid of the Dragons?
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-16 11:49 AM
Like a couple of gallons of anti-freeze pumped into an unsuspecting sheep.
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-16 12:07 PM
exactly :laugh:

Also, Tyrion and Ser Davos get on land "unseen" at King's Landing in a jiffy and easily enter the castle through a backdoor.
Why can't they just sneak in and do whatever they need to do ( eliminate Cersei for example) :wtf:
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-16 12:12 PM
I think they're waiting till they have the captured ice zombie to sneak up the secret stairs with the ice zombie so that they can surprise Cersei with the ice zombie and then she'll say "oh it is an ice zombie I guess I better join up with the Dragons to fight the army of the dead."  It's one of these intricate plotting moves that makes this show so sophisticated.  :cool:
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-08-16 12:33 PM
In the GOT for dummies book, Dany and Jon have a bit more common sense and instead of attempting alliances with their enemies, risky escapades of capturing ice zombies, and time consuming mining of dragon glass, they smack themselves on the head, and say "Duh, Zombies no like fire. We ride our dragons and burn them from the sky." This will come to pass eventually but we need some suspense, carnage, and more dead people first.
Parent - By jennyO Date 2017-08-16 3:07 PM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-16 8:17 PM
:laugh: Hey quit un-suspending my belief!:mutmad:
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-16 12:13 PM
Why didn't the eagles fly Frodo and Sam to Mount Doom in Chapter 1? Selfish fucking birds.
Parent - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-16 12:14 PM
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-21 9:05 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
- - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2017-08-21 8:10 AM
I only watched the first season and then I tried the second season but I didn't like it so I stopped. That Jon Snow guy has a very punchable face. Sooo annoying to me for some reason.
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-22 4:18 PM
Smart move.
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-22 4:21 PM
Smart only because she didn't get sucked in.:laugh::blush:
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-22 4:23 PM
:blush:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2017-08-23 6:45 AM
I've been told if I can't handle my favo(U!)rite characters dying that it's not the show for me. I think that's true. : pbbt:
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-23 9:10 AM
If you take a shine to the punchable guy, though, you'll be good.*  :shocker!::cool::hug:

___
* Mostly
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2017-08-23 9:58 AM
Eh, not interested. Anyway I'm more of a Sci Fi geek than a Fantasy geek. :hug:
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-23 12:18 PM
The show has a unique ability to piss its audience off. Hasn't offed a major beloved character in a while, so we're overdue.
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-22 4:20 PM
:laugh: Hmmm if you put out a survey, I'd guess that peeps would find his face WAY more kissable than punchable.:wink: I'm not speaking for myself, although I don't find him punchable at all!:laugh: I think I understand why you found him annoying, but how could you punch that angst and resolute good heart and mind all evident in his face between his beautiful eyes?: pbbt:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2017-08-23 6:44 AM
I dunno maybe I only like black dudes now. : pbbt:
Parent - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-23 9:12 AM
There is a black pirate in a couple episodes and a cool fighter guy who is also sadly a eunuch, but generally it is not a very integrated show, probably because they are painstakingly realistic in depicting its make-believe society .  : pbbt::roll:
Parent - - By jennyO Date 2017-08-23 12:08 PM
Jon used to annoy me, but not so much anymore.  I do think it's kind of funny how shrimpy he looked standing next to all those huge guys in the last episode (Jorah, the Hound, Tormand - all a lot taller than him).  Personally, I think there are dreamier dreamboats in the show than Jon, but I'll keep my mouth shut on who they might be! :laugh:

Little finger, though, is the anti-female-boner.  Ugh.
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-23 12:17 PM
:mutmad:
Parent - - By jennyO Date 2017-08-23 3:27 PM
:blush:
Honey, in all honesty, I have no GOT crushes.  Now that Khal Drogo is gone, my heart belongs entirely to you. :hug:: pbbt:
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-23 5:41 PM
:laugh: I certainly don't doubt that, but you can admit that you have crushes on the guys I mentioned below to brookie.:wink:

I'll admit mine even though some were underage early in the story although I don't think the actresses were. Anyhow, I've had crushes (to a greater or lesser degree depending on what they were doing in the story) on Dany, Sansa, Arya, Margaery, Ygritte and Missandei and maybe others. I've had man-crushes on a lot of guys, including those I mentioned to brookie plus Tyrion, Khal, Jorah, Stannis and Davos and probably more. Heck, I even have a man crush on Sam this season.:blush:
Parent - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-25 4:51 PM
I liked the beautiful prostitute character from the first season. Damn you, total shitbag King Joffrey :mutmad::mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2017-08-23 12:56 PM
The hottest guy was the first season guy. Sean Bean. John Snow is super lame and not at all hot, imo.
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-23 5:31 PM
Agreed that Sean Bean/Ned Stark was hot. You may not know others that are super hot since you stopped watching but I'd put Bronn, Grey Worm (even though he's a eunuch), and Rob Stark (though dead now) in that category. I don't know the actors' names but you could find them easily of course. But I'm surprised that you don't find Jaime Lannister (played by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) hot and he's been on since the beginning. If I were a girl, he would be my number one hottie in the show.:evil:

Jon Snow is close for me, since he's a total package like Jaime is.
Parent - - By jennyO Date 2017-08-24 11:55 AM
Yup, Jaime is the hottest, I agree.  After soundandfury, of course, but he has yet to grace the show with his presence. :mischief: But yeah, he's the best of the bunch.  Grey Worm is just a little too skinny for my taste, but he and Missandei are cute as hell together.
Parent - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2017-08-24 2:37 PM
Agree on Jaime, what about that guy who was Dany's slam piece for a while? He was super cute. He was also in Orphan Black for a season or 2.
- - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-25 2:18 PM
What are people's guesses re who dies in the final episode?
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-25 2:20 PM
I'm going with The Mountain, The Hound and, in a throwback to awful deaths that have come before, Ayra.
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-25 6:47 PM
I hope the Hound lives because he's been really interesting and hopefully will continue to be. Although he still is on Arya's list. Someone from King's Landing must die, but besides the Mountain (again), I have no clue since the others are too important.

Arya is a good guess, because she doesn't really have a purpose now (other being a Stark daughter) unlike the other characters. Although I'd love to see her rejoin her direwolf. We need more direwolf.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-26 9:01 PM
Are any of the other direwolves still alive?
Parent - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-26 10:20 PM
Jon's is still alive.
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-27 11:07 PM
Ok, 0 for 3 on that one.  :roll:
Parent - - By jennyO Date 2017-08-28 3:09 PM
The person I most wanted to die but least expected to bit the dust.  This season really was fan fiction! :laugh:
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-28 3:59 PM
Everyone seems to have wanted Littlefinger dead except me. Yeah he was a snake but he made things interesting.
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-28 5:31 PM
He was clearly scheming all the time, but except for the whole Sansa-at-the-Eyrie storyline, his upward mobility seemed like a story happening in the background. I half expected him to become a much more major character in the show, that we'd realize he'd been pulling the strings on everyone all along. Seeing him utterly cornered was satisfying, but it was pretty sketchy how they got there. Even for a show with a history of ending storylines abruptly, this one felt a bit deus ex machina.

One thing seems unvaryingly true in this show: bad men eventually get their assess handed to them by ascendant women.
Parent - - By gottarungirl Date 2017-08-28 6:39 PM
I'm doing a happy dance over his death.  I'm tickled pink that Arya had the opportunity to it.
That damn snake, "Let us talk about this in private."  :mutmad:::mutmad:puke:  I applaude Sansa's decision.
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-28 6:40 PM
Was he on Arya's list?
Parent - - By gottarungirl Date 2017-08-28 6:46 PM Edited 2017-08-28 7:05 PM
I'm pretty sure he was.

Edit:   One site has her kill count at 64, including Baelish.
Another site says the original list had 11 people on it.
I believe anyone who caused death to any Stark family member became part of the list.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-29 3:47 PM
As I recall both from the books and series, her list was 11-ish although she did add as she went along and also killed others not on the list.:wtf:

eta I don't think Petre ever was.:wtf:
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-29 6:35 PM
The decision and the execution also seemed a bit 'fast'. You'd expect them to be a bit more cautious or at least imprison him until Jon and others get back.
You have a girl executing a man because her sister accuses him of murder and treason. And she decides the verdict.
I don't think that played out by the rules.
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-29 7:30 PM
Good point. But I think they did play by the rules of that place and time. As a judge, my prime directive which I take very seriously is due process i.e. absolute fairness to everyone involved in a matter. At least in the U.S. in modern times, due process is flexible depending on the circumstances, but generally requires notice and opportunity to be heard in a fair forum. That's a pretty sophisticated concept nowadays, with all kinds of rules defining due process in different situations. But in medieval times and even the witch trials in this country a half century ago, there was zero semblance of due process. Lynchings just 150 years ago and since were the antithesis of due process.

Littlefinger's "trial" and execution did seem fast by our modern standards. And understandably seems unfair because he didn't have much notice and Sansa/Arya obviously were predisposed and thus by definition not a totally fair forum. But at least he did have a chance to be heard, and he failed at that. By medieval or witch trial standards, he was afforded WAY more due process than he was entitled. By today's standards, he was treated unfairly but in Westeros he was given due process by the rules in that place and time, and thus treated fairly. It played out by the rules.
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-29 8:45 PM
Plus an omniscient guy was there to make sure everything was on the up-and-up.
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-29 9:06 PM
Well, Sansa was presiding over the proceedings and I think she did an incredible job. I didn't notice an omniscient guy.:wtf:
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-29 9:15 PM
Bran.
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-29 9:57 PM
I refuse to see Bran as omniscient. He can see some things us peons can't, but he is not God. He is a frail human being like us all, albeit with some special powers. If he were omniscient, he'd already rule the kingdoms. But he doesn't. I predict that he and his powers will die before next season is halfway through.
Parent - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-30 6:08 AM
They will play out the Samwell Tarly and Bran alliance next season I'm sure.
So my guess is that Bran will still be a main character and it allows the franchise to play out Samwell Tarly which is a character everyone has a lot of sympathy for.

But again, The Citadel in old town is all the way south of Westeros. Boom, Samwell is at Winterfell :roll:
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-08-30 11:56 AM
Maybe Bran can warg into the ice dragon and save winterfell. He is not really using his talents to the fullest these days. Or maybe warging into dead things is out of his powers.
Parent - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-30 1:11 PM
He was definitely underperforming relative to his potential this season.
Parent - - By jennyO Date 2017-08-29 11:19 AM
Littlefinger was more sympathetically drawn in the books, I thought.  You at least had a better idea where he was coming from and got to see things from his point of view.  He was a scheming climber, and for some reason that can provoke more dislike than someone who is born into power and acts like an asshole with it.
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-29 3:54 PM
Agreed that Littlefinger was more sympathetic in the books and maybe why I was willing to cut him more slack in the series. Like anything or anyone on screen, he was more a caricature in the series than in the books when like you say, you could see inside his head.
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-29 5:00 PM

> in the books [...] you could see inside his head

In the show it translates to close third-person POV. It always stood out to me that they never did that with him, which made me think there was some significance to it and a surprise involving him toward the end of the series.

How about that Theon-Jon scene? So well done, I thought.
Parent - - By jennyO Date 2017-08-29 5:23 PM
Theon has a really interesting character arc.
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-29 5:26 PM
The insanely awful things he did earlier in the series are balanced by everything he endured afterwards.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-29 6:13 PM
I totally loved the Theon-Jon scene, the visual as well as the dialogue, really well done. Jon's last comment to the effect of "Well, why are you talking to me?" was my favorite line of the episode. :laugh:
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-28 3:58 PM
I was oh-fer also. :roll: And I also missed on Arya serving no purpose.
Parent - - By gottarungirl Date 2017-08-28 6:40 PM
I personally wouldn't mind seeing her take out Cersei
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-29 3:58 PM
Me too!:cool: But it probably will be someone or something more "important" like Jaime or a dragon.
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-29 4:10 PM
Her skill set would be good for killing Cersei, The Mountain or maybe a white walker, but dragon seems like a stretch.  Don't think she'd bother killing Jamie -- he was never on the list, and is not doing much evil these days.
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-29 4:19 PM
Nono, I worded that very badly! I meant that whoever or whatever kills Cercei will be more "important" than Arya. Sorry for the imprecise language.:blush::cry::blush:
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-29 4:37 PM
Ah.  Yes, I think the smart money is on Jamie for that honor.  :cool:
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-29 4:53 PM
Agreed.
Parent - By jennyO Date 2017-08-29 5:24 PM
Oooh.  Heavy, but I like it.
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-29 6:22 PM
My big money still is on Jaime, but with a cover bet on a dragon and/or Dany.
Parent - - By insistor (needs a bigger dick) Date 2017-08-30 6:46 AM
I saw someone say she'll die in childbirth
Parent - By jennyO Date 2017-08-30 12:41 PM
That's interesting.  I doubt if her child will live, in any event, given that prophecy that she'd have three children (not four).
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-08-30 12:06 PM
Or Arya wearing Jamie's face.
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-30 12:49 PM
There's a thought.
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-25 2:31 PM
Dylan says The Wall will be this season finale's big death. Dragons or ice zombies will destroy it.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-25 6:35 PM
Oh wow, I hadn't thought of that but it surely would make the last season interesting!:shocker!: Instead of illegal aliens pouring up from the southern border, we have unmentionable things pouring in from the North.:cry: The irony.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-08-28 9:25 AM
When the wall... came tumbling down...

Sort of saw that one coming when they others inherited a dragon. I see a dragon war with Jon and the Ice King in the future. Not sure what else to speculate on in the future, other than Winterfell taking the brunt of it all. From both sides perhaps.
Parent - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-28 9:45 AM
:cool:
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-28 3:56 PM
Nice call Dylan!:shocker!::cool:
Parent - By jennyO Date 2017-08-29 11:22 AM
I think Dylan does a fair amount of deep diving on GOT internet speculation, although he never lets on about it to us.
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-25 2:35 PM
I can see Jorah dying in some brave act to save Dany's life.
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-25 6:37 PM
He was almost dead already and his connection with Dany was rekindled so that makes sense.
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2017-08-28 10:01 AM
he's dead inside from being in the 'friend zone'
Parent - By jennyO Date 2017-08-28 3:09 PM
- - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-28 3:42 PM
It will be interesting to see where the go with the final season.  The Great War will take up some time, but there is going to be a point of diminishing returns for zombie battles -- wouldn't think there would be more than 2 or 3 of them.  Cersei will need to be dealt with, but that doesn't seem like a season's worth of content.  I guess they can have a few more Theon-centric episodes to pad things out.  : pbbt:
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-28 4:03 PM
Theon-centric episodes to pad things out. :laugh:

You're right that the zombie battles can only go so far. Especially since it will turn on a WWI style dogfight between piloted dragons.

It could be that the series would end on a Cersei vs. The Rest of the Living World since she's abstaining now. But that would be anticlimactic.
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-28 4:43 PM
I don't expect them to take much time with Theon rescuing Yara, or to have it woven into any of the other stories, but I look forward to that storyline -- Jasz's love of redemption stories not exclusively his own. Now that they're well beyond working with the source material, the show feels like it's fan fic with a huge budget. I don't mind, as the pace of things has finally picked up, but developments are increasingly abrupt.

I wonder if Cersei will send Bronn after Jaime. I don't expect him to be alive at the show's end, and it feels a bit Gameofthronesy to have Bronn kill his Jaime for a bag of money.
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-28 4:54 PM
Maybe they will defeat all the enemies with a couple episodes to spare and then leave the last couple hours for characters saying goodbye to each other, getting married, settling in for a life of ease, etc. -- like the LOTR movies.  :cool:
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-28 4:59 PM
S8, E2 opens with Cersei getting out of bed, pouring a glass of wine and walking into the bathroom where she finds Bobby Ewing in the shower.
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2017-08-29 7:57 AM
Parent - - By jennyO Date 2017-08-29 11:23 AM
:laugh: You didn't even need to add that bit after the dashes. I knew just where you were going with that!
Parent - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-29 4:11 PM
Nothing wrong with taking a nice victory lap after a long slog.  : pbbt:
Parent - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-29 6:41 PM
that took like 30 minutes in LOTR :cry:

WHAT !? Yet Another end scene :wtf::shocker!::cry:
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-29 6:43 PM
I find it funny how history repeats itself and House Targaryen get incestuous again.
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-29 8:07 PM
Again? I forget another time although I've no doubt it happened. Seriously, please enlighten me because it's getting hard to keep track of trysts over the years.
Parent - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-30 6:14 AM Edited 2017-08-30 6:21 AM
They have silver hair so in order to keep the lineage pure they often married brother and sister.
I think it came up a couple of times in the past.

It's also one of the reasons given for their madness.

edit: and after googling, their resistance to fire and their bonding with dragons.
Parent - - By jennyO Date 2017-08-30 12:44 PM
They've only alluded to it, not dramatized it, in the show, but it was common for Targaryen siblings to marry.  See, e.g., http://iceandfire.wikia.com/wiki/Sister-wife
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-30 9:25 PM
Ah. You and tommeke apparently are in a little deeper than me. : pbbt:

But thanks to you both.
- - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-29 8:46 PM
I'm curious how y'all feel about Jon's and Dany's um relationship. The USA Today's beat writer for the show was sickened by it to the point where she dissed the entire last episode because it was so "gross" that Jon would have relations with his aunt.

Personally, while I think incest might be gross, I'm completely ok with Jon getting it on with Dany for the same reasons jenny said somewhere above. Plus, they didn't know at the time. Plus, that was ok in that time and place even if they knew (although they didn't). Obviously, Jon and Dany will realize the um details about their relationship next season, but Dany already will be pregnant with Jon's heir (trust me on this despite Dany supposedly being barren after the fire).

Anyhow, what are your thoughts?
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-29 9:07 PM
Some Wiki research reveals that this wouldn't even count as incest in a bunch of states (Illinois, Kentucky, Montana, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington and Wyoming), and it definitely seems cool within the laws of Westeros.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-29 9:34 PM
Interesting. Good research.
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-08-30 4:49 AM
Yeah, but those states have dragons.
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-30 6:27 AM
I once looked up those laws here as well, and I think you can legally marry your cousin. If it's brother and sister, you need King's approval (or government). Funny how protocol still requires "King's approval" here.
If I had to compare our King with a GoT character I'd be King Tommen :laugh:
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-30 8:28 PM
That's a riot that you need King's Approval for that kind of thing! :laugh:
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-30 6:30 AM
Oh she's his Aunt? I thought they'd be cousins.

I read somewhere that statistically you have as much DNA in common with your grand niece/nephew as with a random person.
So if you go that far in the family, you should be safe DNA wise and it's not really inbreeding anymore.
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-30 6:51 AM
Okay, looking it up, I want to know :laugh:

It is actually much more complicated that just calculation.
All humans have 99.9% DNA in common.
We are all 16th cousins from each other.

One article said 3rd cousin should be okay :laugh::shocker!:
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-30 8:42 PM
It actually gets pretty far removed genetically pretty quickly unless you're talking about parents or siblings. I've done the 23andMe testing for DNA ancestry and current relations and it's really fascinating.

The degree of relationship which is "acceptable" is a social/political thing, witnessed by the examples just in this little sub-thread. I don't know of scientific studies except from long ago that found close incest multiplied defects in progeny as well as multiplying positive attributes such as IQ. I have no idea whether those studies are valid now, and haven't seen anything lately about incestuous progeny.:wtf:
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2017-08-31 7:02 AM
Funny you mention defects or gains, because there was a study in Iceland where the outcome seemed to be positive if you go to 3rd or 4th cousin.
Apparently there the balance between positive and negative plays out best.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-08-31 4:31 PM
Interesting. I suppose in an individual child it's a matter of chance whether it's "good" or "bad" genes matching up but it sounds like odds are best at some distance but not too distant.

I've read that in the history of some South Pacific islands as recently as the 1800's, the residents would conjoin closely (e.g. brother-sister) by social design and acceptance and if the child was born with a genetic defect, he or she would be left on the beach to be taken away by the sea.:cry: By today's accepted moral standards, that would be no more acceptable than genocide to achieve a "Super Race." I suspect that in medieval times i.e. more or less when GoT is set, that kind of thing was fairly common and acceptable. In that light, it's notable that Tyrion was allowed to live even though his father would rather have had him dead.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-31 10:27 PM
Even first cousins have 50% of their genetic material from sources unrelated to the sibling pair of parents, unless the family is already related. Children of siblings, or a child of a parent/child union, have an awfully high chance of getting the same nasty gene from both parents.

Probably a good thing that none of Jaime and Cersei's children lived to produce offspring, though I do feel sorry for two of the kids. (No sympathy for the appalling Joffrey.)
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-09-01 4:31 PM
And the same high chance of getting a super gene too, of course.

I wonder whether the appalling Joffrey was a product of nasty genes from incest or that he simply got his mother's genes. :laugh:
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-09-01 7:51 PM
I think there's a case that simply being raised by Cersei could create a monster. Didn't happen to the others but they weren't the heir apparent.
Parent - - By jennyO Date 2017-08-30 12:45 PM
I don't have a problem with it.  I think the bigger problem is gonna be that, as Rhaegar's legitimate son, Jon is ahead of Dany in the line of succession.
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-30 12:58 PM
Jon can abdicate. I don't think he wants to rule Westeros. Or we'll find out Dany's not really a Targaryen, though that would feel like a cheap out for the showrunners.
Parent - - By jennyO Date 2017-08-30 1:15 PM
If they marry, does it even matter?  They're, like, double-strength royal. :cool:
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-08-30 1:19 PM
And the High Sparrow's green vapor now and can't stop them.

(Something tells me Jon's not going to be okay with the incesting.)
Parent - - By jennyO Date 2017-08-30 1:34 PM
If he starts agonizing over it, Dany should just interrupt with "You know nothing, Jon Snow." : pbbt:
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / About time for a GoT thread with spoilers
1 2 Previous Next