Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Moving In Monday NRR
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-07 11:52 AM
Still trying to get all DD's stuff unpacked.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-07 11:57 AM
Our house looks like a cross between a construction site and the "before" photos for Hoarders Anonymous. Boxes everywhere. DD is cleaning out the pantry whilst integrating her stuff -- it has been a long time since I have done that and a lot has been thrown out, a goodly amount of kitchen equipment going to Goodwill or being stored in the rafters above the garage.

Walls are up and spackling/sanding is getting done. Once that is finished we can paint and then move any other furniture that's to go in the rooms back in. Still need to find someone to put in an AC duct for the new room.

And the cats are still establishing dominance. Gwen and Hrhiow are duking it out for second/third place. Iota has realized sadly that no matter how many cats come into the house, he is likely to be at the bottom of the pecking order. (Not the brightest bulb on the circuit, that cat.) And Fernanda has an attitude best summed up as "the rest of you can do what you want but I am the top cat, I may be old but I can still wipe the floor up with you". She can, too.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-07 1:39 PM

>Hrhiow

Ok I'm not sure if that is a typo, but if not, how do you pronounce that?
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-07 3:03 PM
It's not a typo...pronounced "huh-rrrr-ee-ow" though it's said quickly so it sounds like a cat making that "prr-rrp" sound that cats do.

The cat in the book DD took the name from was named "Rhiow" (ree-ow) but we are going alphabetically so added the breathy "h" sound at the front of the name. She had to be an H. We currently have Fernanda, Gwen, Hrhiow, and Iota. (Alex, Bagheera, Cranberry, Dominic, and Edmund are gone and mostly missed.)
Parent - - By Buggy [us] Date 2017-08-07 2:48 PM
So for now dominance is alaphabetical? : pbbt:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-07 3:04 PM
Pretty much, yes.

Apparently neutered males usually lose out to the females in the pecking order even though all the girls are spayed.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-08-07 2:09 PM
We got A into a psych! We like the lady but she is saying once a week for 3-6 months before potentially seeing improvements where it becomes a lifelong skill. Is that normal? This is for anxiety/OCD tendencies. I was not really expecting that much or that long and it's going to end up costing a lot of money :sad:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Moving In Monday NRR