Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Just Another Manic Mondaily!
- - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-08-07 8:17 AM
Anything got you in a manic panic today? Or just the usual Monday madness? Tell all...

Workout/food/drink/blather

Bonus: How much rain have you had this past week?
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-08-07 8:32 AM
I got back late last night from a short trip to Buffalo, so everything feels rushed and panicky today!:laugh: I'm still unpacking from Savannah two weeks ago:blush:, and now I have even more laundry. I arrived home to discover that Philip's brother and his kid had visited Friday and Saturday. My BIL basically drank beer and stayed drunk the entire time, and trashed my kitchen. WTF? But I was too happy that I missed his visit to care much, except now I have to clean that up.:roll: I really hope he gets his shit together, I feel badly for his kids.:sad: The fridge is empty, plus I have to go to the bank and drugstore, and I have all the dogs to walk. And it's supposed to pour today. Can I just go back to bed?:laugh:

Probably a rest day today. I had a fantastic 18 mile run yesterday through the City of Buffalo, perfect weather and though it was my usual SAP it just felt so good! Mentally, it went really quickly, and I passed a lot of sights I hadn't seen before- lots of new stores, hotels, restaurants. Downtown was much busier on the weekend, even Sunday, than I remember it being when I lived there almost 25 years ago. There's a huge new medical complex downtown now, the medical school moved there and most hospitals, and that's attracting a lot of people to the city. I'd move back in a heartbeat, if Philip would agree. It was a great weekend visiting friends, even though I didn't race at all.: pbbt:

Bonus: Last week we had T-storms and torrential rain that canceled flights at Newark for hours.:cry: My flight on Friday was ok, but it poured in Buffalo on Saturday, then it was gorgeous on Sunday. I think Mother Nature is Manic.
Parent - By Cristen [us] Date 2017-08-07 11:52 AM
Ugh. Sorry about BIL. That's a tough situation, but hopefully his visits are few and far between...

Move to Buffalo even with the winters!?
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-08-07 2:49 PM
Good luck talking anyone into moving to Buffalo!  :laugh:

Seriously, I am sure it's a fine city in the spring, summer, and fall. But that would be like my winter nightmare.
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-08-07 9:06 AM
Anything got you in a manic panic today?  Seriously, me?  :laugh:

Just the usual Monday morning...taught 6am cycling class (I'll be glad when many of my regulars come back in Sept!)...core & shoulder exercises afterwards.  Having laundry in the machine now : pbbt: 

Bonus:  We had several downpours Wednesday & Friday evenings.  I needed to cut my grass on Saturday afternoon and several sections were still pretty wet.  It's raining now but appears we'll have just "regular" rain showers.all.day.long vs. torrential downpours.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-08-07 2:47 PM
I am mowing every 4 days due to all the rain. :cry:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-08-07 5:11 PM
"Parts" of my front lawn grow a bit faster than others & *could* be cut @ 4 days but so far I have resisted and cut it between every 6-8 days.
Parent - - By Cristen [us] Date 2017-08-07 11:51 AM
I had a manic morning. It started with me justbarelymaking my train after a backup dropping L off the daycare. We live 3/4 of a mile away, but there were some downed tree branches/road crews that created a huge backup at one of the two lights on our route. Then I had meetings straight through from 9-1, which is annoying on a Monday morning, which is generally my most productive time for working alone.

Workout: Nada. It was raining this morning and it's expected to continue throughout the night :meh: I was thinking of getting off one train stop early and getting a longer walk in home since DH is working from home today, but I'll probably move in the other direction and have him pick me up from the station so I don't have to walk home. It's days like this that I am glad I don't have a fitbit, but the "activity" section on my iPhone is equally as depressing...
Food/Drink: Nothing interesting. I spent $17 at the work cafeteria today, which is absurd. I had an entree and then got some salad bar stuff that was apparently EXTREMELY heavy :roll: I commit to bringing lunch for the rest of the week.
Blather: It's my MIL's birthday on Thursday, and we need to figure out something to do with her. She is a retired history teacher, and loves all things historical. Living in Philadelphia, this usually means we have a ton of options. The crimp is that she also wants L to accompany us in whatever we do. For Mother's Day, we took her to a new museum on the American Revolution, and L lost her patience after about 30 minutes, and it ended with me hanging with her in the gift shop and in a nearby coffee shop while DH and MIL rushed through the exhibits :roll: So, that's the rub. We'll figure something out. Thinking Valley Forge Park or maybe a tour of the Fairmount Park mansions?

Bonus: I'm not sure about specific measurements, but we've had a lot. Our town is very hilly, and there are certain areas that are prone to pooling/flooding, and it seems like this has been the case for days. I'm over it.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-08-07 2:22 PM
The park or mansions sounds nice, maybe L will sleep in a stroller if you go at the right time?
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-08-07 2:47 PM
I know your pregnant and can't drink, but a 17$ lunch should include a martini or cocktail!

Tons of rain this summer.
Parent - By Cristen [us] Date 2017-08-08 7:06 AM
It included zero drinks :meh:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-08-07 11:55 AM
PANIC?  17 years ago, we got back from a vacation and blazerman was told he was being laid-off due to the company not having enough work.  For the next 5 years, he worked at two other firms, then returned to the original employer, where he has worked the past 12 years.  Today, the first day back from vacation, he was told he was being laid-off due to the company not having enough work.:cry:  Talk about deja-vu!:roll:  He is in shock and I anticipate, will feel depressed about this situation, which is the worst.  I am all over him to update his resume and hopefully he can get it out this week. 

MANIC?  Within an hour of us receiving this news, I called my boss and told him the situation.  I informed him that I am done ffffing around, that I am fully aware (but not really:wink:) that the men I work with are making more money and that has to be cured. He knows a specific competitor has been hounding me to work for them and I could get a nice raise if I made the change......I really don't want to do as I truly like my managers and the culture where I work and if I went to the competitor, I would be working for someone who is an asshole.  My boss said to give him a week.  I have never demanded a raise before, so this was kinda fun?

4 easy miles, will box tonight.  Just ate cauliflower "Spanish Rice" which blazergirl made yesterday....it was delicious!

Bonus:  We were gone last week, but I know we had quite a bit on Friday.  Had a nice storm last night and more is predicted for this week.
Parent - By Cristen [us] Date 2017-08-07 2:05 PM
Shit. I'm so sorry about blazerman. But :cool: for you for asking for what you deserve. Very cool.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-08-07 2:17 PM
Ouch, lay-offs suck, Philip has been through a few. I hope something comes up for Blazerman fast! But you rock for calling out your boss on the raise!:cool: Fingers crossed that this happens!
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-08-07 2:44 PM
Sorry about Blazerman. That's a crappy way to return from vacation. Hope your current employer shows you the money.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-08-07 2:58 PM
Ugh, sorry to hear about blazerman. That is the worst.

But good for you for using it as an opportunity to demand a raise! I kinda sorta asked for a promotion last week that my boss says will come in time (title first, actual compensation later :roll:) but it still felt good! I am sure you will get what you want, especially since you are in demand. :cool:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-08-07 5:13 PM
Sorry about blazerman's job.  Weird about it happening just after a vacation...twice.
Parent - By Eric1970 Date 2017-08-07 8:24 PM
Sorry about blazerman's job. :sad: I hope he is able to find something he likes soon. Good for you for demanding what you're worth!!:cool:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-08-07 12:10 PM
My boss informed me this morning that he has to let one of my employees go, and inferred that I might end up being a department of one. :shocker!::mutmad::cry: We are in the midst of layoffs and he's been telling me for weeks that my department is safe, but I guess that changed in the space of last Friday while I was out of the office. :meh:

Workout: maybe 3 miles after work, maybe not. Ran lots of hills near my parents' house in VA this weekend, legs are tired!
Food/drink: housed some leftover pasta for lunch
Blather: I did some yardwork for my mom yesterday, and I wasn't wearing proper footwear and whacked my pinky toe on a huge rock. :cry: I don't think it's broken but it sure doesn't feel good.

Bonus: lots of rain. my town flash floods and we had a few of those last week. :shocker!:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-08-07 2:20 PM
I hope that toe is just a sprain! Try taping it to the toe next to it with athletic tape if it hurts before  your next run.

I'm so sick of this rain!:meh:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-08-07 2:43 PM
Ouch... sorry about the toe.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-08-07 2:41 PM
No panic here, just a antsy about it being T-3 days and counting until my scope procedure. I guess maybe a bit nervous that this will not heal what ails me but pain is pretty constant now so something has got to give.

Did the planet of fitness routine today at lunch. Seems maybe the rain has stopped finally. Contemplating a few miles of mud splash on the trails with the Lady after work.

Bonus: Quite a bit. An inch here, a half inch there, 2 inches maybe today? I'd guess 3-4 inches in the past 7 days.
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-08-07 5:20 PM
Good luck with the scoping.  Outpatient at a local place or actual hospital? 

When I see my primary care doc for my annual at the end of this month I'm going to have a serious discussion with him about my hip.  When he referred me to an ortho for it 7 years ago & it was first diagnosed (I could still run then) an option the ortho gave me was to "milk it" which is what I've been doing but I think a replacement part will be in my not so distant future :sigh:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-08-08 6:26 PM
Fingers crossed that the scoping fixes everything!
Parent - - By Tim [us] Date 2017-08-07 2:43 PM
No manic panic. Just met with a doctor about the aftermath of my PE. Next step is a cardiovascular stress test. If nothing bad turns up on that, I can resume running. When scheduling it, here was the conversation:
Admin: When would you like to schedule that for?
Me: As soon as possible
Admin: OK, we can book you for next week
Me: Can we do it this week?
Admin: Yes, we have an opening on Friday at 8:00
Me: Book it!

1.5 walking miles this morning, followed by some weights and agility work.

Bonus: Saturday was weird. It was raining, then sunny, then raining again, then sunny again, and so on, over and over and over again.
Parent - By Cristen [us] Date 2017-08-08 7:07 AM
Wishing you luck on the test. I hope everything goes well.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-08-08 6:28 PM
You'll be back out there in no time. Don't screw around with this, take it easy!
Parent - - By Eric1970 Date 2017-08-07 8:22 PM
Well the kitchen seems to have not progressed. I have a hard time figuring out what was different today than on Thursday except that my appliances are delivered and in boxes in the kitchen space and that my entire two car garage is occupied with boxed cabinets. I was shocked when I opened the garage door this evening. Hopefully, some of this stuff will be out of the boxes soon.:roll:

Workout: 7 mi on the TM. It was raining.:blush:
Food: bean burger and a ramen bowl
Drink Diet coke
Blather: I got nothing

Bonus: I see warnings of flash floods here and there and for sure it has been raining hard , but nothing that I haven't seen this time of year when there are huge pressure shifts.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-08-08 6:34 PM
Maybe there's a new electric outlet somewhere.: pbbt:

Ramen, yum!
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Just Another Manic Mondaily!