Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Must have our Monday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-07 6:13 AM
:happy:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-07 6:35 AM
--Grated a bunch of yellow squash and tossed in the freezer for later when I make spaghetti sauce, diced up a bunch of peppers and did the same with those, made cucumbers and onions and then pulled a bunch of weeds in the garden. My arm and hand have not been happy since. :meh:

--We got over 3” of rain over the weekend. That’s good for the sake of the soybeans and the garden. :cool:

--Saturday night the weather was insane. I’ve never heard such a loud boom of thunder in my life. I was so worried about Sarge. His kennel is covered and he has a dog house, but still. :sad: He was barking like crazy. We finally got up and just let him out and let him go under the lean two of the barn. There is another dog house there and a dog bed. But, most importantly, we have a couple of camp chairs set up back there. That’s where you’ll find the boy. : pbbt: We ended up just leaving him outside on his own last night too. He’s not going anywhere. :hug:

--My mom and I worked on garage sale stuff Saturday. OMG! I can’t believe all the new stuff there is and what a variety of things. I told her we need to advertise this as a slum lords dream. :laugh: They have a large piece of brand new formica, a large Rubbermaid container full of brand new door handles and locks (I’m talking probably 25-30 of them!), a new range hood, a barely used ventless gas fireplace, boxes and boxes and boxes of ceramic tile, 6-7 sinks and faucets, lighting, ceiling fans, doors, A/C unit, etc. My mom has cases of new t-shirts from when they had their embroidery business and there is tons of Christmas stuff, exercise stuff, pet accessories, tons of household items (pots, pans, microwave, dishes, chairs, tables, pictures, ironing boards), lawn and garden type of items, antiques, craft accessories (stain glass making tools, quilting and rug making supplies, etc.), one of those turkey fryer things (that’s brand new too), camping equipment and tons more. :shocker!:

--I took a load of crap over there and I think I ended up coming home with more than I took. :laugh: I did take one of those commercial mop buckets. I was going to buy one a couple weeks ago but they didn’t have them in town. Glad I didn’t because this saved me about $60. :cool: I also got an old Danish teapot and cup, hummingbird feeder, one of my Christmas stockings, a couple of old gunny sacks....one of them is from the town in Oregon I went to grade school....and some spare tile for my office in case I ever need to replace a piece.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-07 7:44 AM
I didn't realize Sarge was an outside dog. Is Meadow too?

Why do your parents have so much home renovation stuff? Did they recently complete a reno - or start buying and decide not to reno?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-07 8:03 AM
The plan is to keep Sarge outside. He needs to be. The few times I’ve let him in he goes to the trash and starts sniffing around, jumps on the furniture and tries to climb on the kitchen counter. He’s an outside dog. : pbbt: He’s very happy where he is. Meadow is inside when we’re gone and at night but when we’re here she’s usually outside too.

My parents have had four different businesses over the years....grocery store, two restaurants and a daycare/preschool....so a lot of the stuff is from those places. Plus, my dad has done several major renovations over the years and they’ve had a number of rental properties in the past. He’s also the type that anytime someone is doing a renovation he takes all the stuff they’re replacing. :roll: You could never imagine all the stuff that isn’t going to make it to the sale because he won’t let my mom get rid of it. He’ll NEVER use it.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-07 8:07 AM
:laugh: I forgot your parents' had some businesses, that makes sense.  My mom has a terrible time getting rid of stuff for the "what if I need it" kind of thing - sounds like your dad.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-07 6:54 AM
Mondays are better than Tuesdays!

OMG Baseball tryouts were so freaking cute! And Tj isn't really behind based on what I saw at tryouts. He even got a base hit and a couple of foul balls. Some of the kids didn't even foul a ball. Then Tj made some good throws and a couple catches. He was so cute!

But man when those little kids put those batting helmets on I swear a few of the kids looked like they were gonna tip over running with them:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Going to have to get Tj his own batting helmet. Apparently those are specific to the kids these days. He had to borrow one for practice since I didn't know that. Wonder if I can find one that looks like Optimus Prime.

My BFF's father died Friday night. I kept her kids Saturday afternoon and over night. She kicked out her husband Thursday. Now she is hearing all sorts of things about him trying to take the kids. Him leaving with his girlfriend to go to Montana. Just all sorts of stuff but she is stuck here dealing with her father's funeral and such while he is back at their house in Mobile. Doing only G-d knows what. This is more surreal than my own split and divorce with how out of the blue the behavior is.

While I know she will be ok, I feel so badly for her. I have both my parents right down the road. She lost her mom the first year of her marriage and now the same week as losing her father she becomes a single mom of three kids. One with autism. And she lives out of state with ZERO family. I know she will be looking to transfer to Savannah ASAP because her brother lives there, but that could take a while.:cry::cry: At least she is well-employed and was the sole earner so that won't be another challenge. And she is about to inherit serious money. But money is such a small piece of the pie when it gets down to it.:cry::cry:

Soccer tournament was horrible. We were supposed to have a Masters league but there were only 5 womens teams at all so they just merged us together. So we got to play 18-25year olds who looked like they were 15 and kicked our asses. Because it must be fun to just kill the old ladies. I mean, you are so skilled obviously so, like, duh.......... Cause running up the score on an obviously outgunned team is super fun and shows how great you are. Skillwise they weren't much better than our better players. But speedwise??? OMG. Everything I did was 2 steps too late or 2 microseconds too slow.:cry: Not fun.

Consignment sale stuff is done. OMG This weekend was non-stop. I'm so exhausted and I stupidly volunteered to take my moms place at the sale tonight instead of taking Ripley to soccer practice and chilling. Yay me. 5-9:30 on my feet. Cause I'm brilliant:roll::mutmad:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-07 7:03 AM
I don’t know what Georgia’s state laws are but in Missouri a parent cannot take the kids out of state.....even if they are granted full custody.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-07 7:42 AM
I would think/hope it would depend on the divorce decree and custody agreement. I mean sometimes jobs move and someone may need to move to another state - i would think as long as the other parent signed off on it you should be able to do it? I know for my brother theirs says that if either of them wants to move out of state the other has to approve it - they share custody 50/50 so an out of state move is very unlikely although she has wanted to once or twice.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-07 10:28 AM
Technically they live in Alabama now but I think they are similar laws.

I'm supposed to let Q know and vice versa.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-07 7:40 AM
I think it is ridiculous every kid has their own bat, batting helmet, bag etc these days.

So sorry for your friend. If she was the sole provider does that mean she's going to have to pay alimony to him or that he will get some of the inheritance? If so that sucks. It would be so hard to deal with that without people close by who can easily help out.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-07 8:08 AM
He will get alimony. He hasn't held down a job for long-term in ages. He never really could. Hell, the military pretty much fired him.:shocker!:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-07 11:32 AM
A good attorney might be able to get her out of paying alimony. My sister didn't have to. She pleaded her case that she and her husband both had the same amount of education and the same degree. Only difference in earning potential was that one wanted to work harder and apply herself more than the other. Shoot, my sister and her ex were both in a male-dominated industry. If anyone had an advantage it should have been him!  And, she lives in a state that is noted for making women pay alimony. It can be done. Cheating, getting kicked out the military and not holding down a job won't do him any favors.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-07 12:35 PM
But he also has ADHD. Bad.:roll::roll::roll:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-07 2:19 PM
Not your friends fault or responsibility. Judge needs to understand that.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-07 12:35 PM
Good to know. I will tell her. She will have the $ to fight.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-07 7:37 AM
Feels like a Monday alright, I'm exhausted

B woke up around 4:15 and made some noises, went back to sleep, made more noises, went back to sleep, rinse, repeat. I never really got good sleep because of it. I got in the shower at 5:45 and of course he started crying and yelling. After I got out of the shower, dried off, etc I went to feed him, he fell asleep eating so I rocked him for about 30 min with my soaking wet hair. I tried to hand him off to M so I could finish getting ready but he woke up.

Then he pooped through a diaper and his clothes on the 5 min drive to daycare. He really does not like those Red Sox diapers I bought, he poops in them almost immediately :laugh:

Work is starting to get busier for the rest of my office - my busy time just ended though so it is always opposite. Much harder to get ahold of people though between now and the end of the year

Feel like I add too much flavored creamer to my iced coffee at work but I need it for the flavor because I don't like strong coffee taste. I wonder if it would help to add some milk and then just a little of the vanilla creamer?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-07 8:05 AM
I guess B isn’t much of a Red Sox fan. :laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-07 8:07 AM
that's what I'm thinking. He and I are going to have some words. Guess I should have bought the yankees diapers so he could poop on those
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-07 8:09 AM
YES to this!:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-07 10:29 AM
Can I get you some UGA diapers so he can poo on them, too?
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-07 11:22 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-08-07 10:26 AM
*Jonathan had a phone interview on Friday.  He was offered the job this morning.  :shocker!::grin::grin::grin: 

*Anthony is home!

*That's enough for me.  :hug::hug:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-07 10:27 AM
Woohoo! Sounds like a good start to the week!
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-08-07 10:29 AM
Definitely!  :grin::cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-07 11:23 AM
awesome! Is it a FT job for Jonathan?
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-08-07 11:32 AM
It is!  :grin:  He will be designing/engineering medical/surgical equipment for a company in Warsaw. He was hoping to get a face to face interview but they went ahead and offered him the job after the phone interview. :shocker!::grin:  Some of the programs they are using he actually has taught to undergrads so it sounds like a great fit.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-07 11:48 AM
wow that's awesome! Warsaw is some big medical device city isn't it? Does that mean he'll be moving out on his own?
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-08-07 12:50 PM
Yes, Warsaw is big for that.  He will commute for awhile but yes, he is getting close to moving out. :happy:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-07 12:37 PM
There are at least 19 Warsaws.....please tell me it is one in the US!:shocker!:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-08-07 12:48 PM
In Indiana. :laugh: It's about an hour from here.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-08 6:55 AM
Oh! Good. Whew! I was getting nervous for ya!: pbbt:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-07 2:22 PM
And to think I was just thinking how intriguing Poland would be.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-08-07 5:41 PM
:laugh:

Thank goodness, not Poland.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Must have our Monday RTTs