Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Merrily We Monday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-08-07 5:24 AM
I have returned. :grin:
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-08-07 5:28 AM
Back from relatively short trip (several days) to an island in the Ohio River. Blennerhasset Island. It was fun taking the stern wheeler to the island and back. Beautiful late Colonial period mansion there.
Sunday Buddy, his daughter and I ran the trail for 80 minutes yesterday. We saw a bunny, ducks, a Great Blue Heron and birds. The first train whistle we heard started the coyotes howling. Their voices are deeper and it sounds like quite a pack.
Today I am off to the trail. It’s cool. Fall is coming.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-08-07 8:09 AM
Sounds like a fun trip!

I'm impressed with all the neat critters you see on the trails.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-07 11:39 AM
Never heard of that island, will have to look it up. Nice run!
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-08-07 8:07 AM
Friday - SDO

Saturday - drove to the trainer, 30 minutes upper body (I seriously can't tell what parts he's attempting to have me work, it all just hurts because I'm so weak).  Drove home, ate breakfast.  Let that settle and then did cardio - ran a mile, and then alternated running/walking for a total of 3.

Sunday - walking partner neighbor wasn't available so I took advantage and pushed it a little bit.  Walked a mile, then alternated running/walking for 4 miles in just under an hour.  Ran some doozy hills, felt pretty strong at the end.  Didn't get my butt in gear until 11am, so it was a weeee bit hot and gross.

Today - biked to work, will bike home.  Plan to do abs tonight.  Really should do some cardio, but we'll see how the legs feel.  Biking the hills was more effort today than I expected, likely a result of two days of running/walking that I don't normally do.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-07 11:39 AM
Good job on the biking to work and being consistent with the training.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-08-07 11:40 AM
Great workouts! It's good that you get a variety of strength and cardio activities. :happy:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-08-07 8:08 AM
The 5K race was a moving event  http://www.makeitcounttoday.org  a good time with friends and a decent race time, but nothing close to a PR.

Sunday was a promo run at the store withKC. Marathon, Saucony and Garmin. We had an excellent  turnout, but Saucony was not able to make it due to some flooding in the area and Garmin was late because they went to the wrong location. It all turned out ok, but it meant not being able to do some of the promo stuff we planned-an announcement I got to deliver. :meh:

I got some great practice at tap dancing and damage control. Thank goodness, I had 3 other store employees to help and wasn't there by myself to manage the crowd.:shocker!:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-07 11:39 AM
Never a dull moment! And of course Saucony and Garmin were what the crowd had come to see, especially if giveaways had been advertised.

Glad it all turned out OK.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-08-07 12:54 PM
The main giveaway was a KC marathon entry, but we also had some type of Garmin Fitbit thing. They drew the name while we were waiting
, but there were no demo shoes to run in and the Garmin test watches were kind of handed out as people were heading out for the run. Just more chaotic than I would have liked.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-08-07 11:42 AM
Good work on the adjusting! It's hard to do stuff/not do stuff when things go awry. :happy:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-07 11:45 AM
3.2 this morning, no RN since she had swimming.

Uneventful run under a nice full moon until about a mile from the end. I came across a large feline lying in the road, dead. This was NOT a house cat. Since I don't have an Instagram or FB account to post pictures on, linking to RWOL which does allow photos to be posted:
http://community.runnersworld.com/topic/why-why-is-it-monday-dailies
18th post, down at the bottom. Not a graphically disgusting picture, I tried to avoid that, but definitely deceased and almost certainly hit by a car. It could be a bobcat but it didn't have tufty ears and the tail's too long, I think it was a juvenile mountain lion, poor thing -- bigger than a cub but not by any means an adult yet. :cry: And now I am wondering where mama was.

Called it in to the sheriff's department and posted on Nextdoor. Slow down, drivers.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-08-07 12:56 PM
:sad: That's always sad. (Unless it's a snake.)
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-07 9:45 PM
I don't even like seeing snakes squished under someone's tires. They have their place in the ecosystem. (Which is not in my garage...)
Parent - By rabbitrunner Date 2017-08-07 7:05 PM
Definitely a bobcat.  Poor guy.  :sad:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-08-07 7:16 PM
:cry:
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-08-07 8:43 PM
:cry:  Poor little mountain lion.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Merrily We Monday dailies