Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Slacker Sunday! 8/6/17
- - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-08-06 9:53 AM
Wow, no daily! :shocker!: Can't have that! :laugh:

I am a Gold medal worthy slacker, I will do nothing but start going through boxes to determine what I must keep and pay dearly to ship. :roll:: pbbt:
But hey, I got the daily started for you all! :grin:

What's on your agenda this afternoon?

Monday is around the corner. :sad::cry:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-08-06 10:20 AM
B-Sky - So when is your 53 hour trip?

My trip is delayed a day. The northern grandparents want to hand over the kid on Tuesday morning, so I'll drive to Michigan tomorrow.  Same amount of driving and same schedule except no day break in-between the trips north and south.

I'll be meeting them in Grand Rapids so I will be going around Lansing. Should Lisa want to take a drive to Tallahassee, let me know.   I just don't know how I would get her back to Michigan. :roll:

In good news, my neck feels a lot better today.  A little tight but way less of the tingling sensation.  As long as that holds true I will be fine.  After trying a few different cushions, I think I found one that feels good in the car.  The first couple pushed me too far forward in the seat but the 3rd one lends some back support but is pretty thin.  It is actually a cushion I bought to use at football games and forgot I had until I happened to see it in the closet this morning.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-06 12:16 PM
On your way to Tallahassee just boot her out in the general direction of Savannah GA.  She can fend for herself. :laugh:       Seriously though, stop in at the Lansing Horrocks, I think she's working in the candy department this week.  She and the kid would hit it off great!
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-08-06 1:06 PM
Glad your neck is feeling better and you've found a suitable cushion! My seat has a zillion adjustments, I'm hoping that will save me for my drive. :wink:

Trip is planned for 10/14, but I will start watching Canada weather mid-September. The Yukon Territory portion is mostly mountainous and while I LOVE LOVE LOVE that, I'd probably rather not cross it in snow, if I can avoid it, though driving in snow is not an issue for me. I worry about other drivers!
I just don't want to buy snow tires for this trip, my all seasons only have 13k on them and I have zero room to take them along if I were to buy new ones. Dilemma!

We shall see. I'm staying till October to save $$ and I'm a bit stubborn about going early and giving that up. : pbbt:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-06 12:19 PM
5 miles at high noon. :roll:   The forecast said high of 62 and light rain.  Sounded fine to me.   Actual weather is 73 and bright sun.  So yeah, should've had some more sunblock, but still decent running temps.

I overdid yard work and house work yesterday.  So as far as Sunday goes, I'm done.  Well done.  Sitting on the patio reading the rest of the day........
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-08-06 1:07 PM
Reading on the patio for the afternoon sounds delightful! Enjoy. :happy:
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-08-06 2:34 PM
Home after work and happy to be on the island. I slept for a few hours and listened to my book out on the deck. The sun was just warm enough with a breeze and puffy clouds. It was bliss. Now I'm cleaning and cooking and we will go for a walk after dinner.

:grin:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-06 2:53 PM
:happy:
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-08-06 4:22 PM
Sounds wonderful. :hug:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Slacker Sunday! 8/6/17