Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday Special a Fifth of Aug
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-08-05 8:48 AM
I seldom post on weekends, but my run walk was so good I had to post it.  

What is special about your Saturday?   Or do you have a favorite Saturday special at the diner?
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-08-05 8:56 AM
This weather took a turn for special today.  Not quite used weather from Dawn with pants, put it feels really good. 

Debating between Blues Festival or staying home and doing garden trains.  Right now the garden seems to be winning out as it is a lot cheaper and been on the go a lot the last two weeks.  But we will go to the orchard and get peaches.  Fresh peaches with my honey  and trains in the back yard on a beautiful day sounds special.

Tom in DE
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-05 9:48 AM
it is a beauty out there today. I shut my air off. time to blow the stink off!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-08-05 9:08 AM
Bright sunshine and little humidity here.  The air was cool this morning.  I made a game day decision to run trails this morning instead of the road.  10.5 good miles run.

Makayla is working until 4:00.  She wants to go to school clothes shopping in a mall in Louisville after work.  Melissa is going with her and I've been told that I'm going too.  I just follow along Makayla's game plan.:laugh:

Maybe we can find a special diner near the mall this evening.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-05 9:51 AM
I tell Josh all the time, if you can master the mall game, you will win :laugh:

nice game day call.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-08-05 9:12 AM
Well look what I found on the internet.  Among other days, today is National Underwear Day!

August 5, 2017 – NATIONAL UNDERWEAR DAY – NATIONAL OYSTER DAY – NATIONAL DISC GOLF DAY – NATIONAL JAMAICAN PATTY DAY – NATIONAL MUSTARD DAY – MEAD DAY
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-05 9:51 AM
well then, maybe today I'll wear some! : pbbt:

I love mustard.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-05 9:13 AM
Special weather, that's for sure.  50's again this morning tho not as cool as yesterday.  Surprise visit from my brother yesterday and then a small party on the patio after sunset last night.  Ahh, the smell of citronella in the torches.:laugh:

Yoga'd this morning and took the dog to the park of course.   Laundry on the line, weeks to pull.     Have a good Saturday Masters!
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-05 9:52 AM
perfect night/day. enjoy it.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-05 9:53 AM
8.25 miles 6 x 800 okay times for all. eh run.

lovely here. started humid then worked it's way into goodness where did you come from..

girl has a pool party later. boy it outside.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-05 10:22 AM
8 miles - change your name to Moose.    Back to school countdown yet?
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-05 11:44 AM
nope not yet. I've got my beach vacation in two weeks. I. CAN'T. WAIT. :hug:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-05 1:15 PM
Sunblock.  Gallons.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-08-05 10:55 AM
If I don't post it, then it didn't happen.   Workout done -- upper body and cardio videos.  I lollygagged too long to get out for a PW.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-08-05 12:27 PM
Just resting today. 40 hours of driving coming up in the next 6 days.  I'm doubting my ability to pull it off.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-05 12:33 PM
you got this!!

my long car ride favorites:
1. get someone else to drive.
2. forever comfy. it saved my arse. literally.
3. decent snacks. trail mix, nuts dried fruit.
4. old skool 80's rap.
5. a treat for when you are done.  

good luck. we want road updates.
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-08-05 12:58 PM Edited 2017-08-05 1:04 PM
I'm going to drive from Keystone, CO to Fairbanks, AK.
56 hrs, 3250 miles, going through Banff for two nights as this is a bucket list destination. :cool: Leaving Saturday night at 11:00 pm, plan to arrive in FB
the following Saturday after 6pm.

Anyway, single old gal making this trip totally solo... if I can do it, you can breeze through 40 hrs, YOU GOT THIS! :grin::cool::laugh:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-05 1:15 PM
never in a million years.   Though I admire you greatly for this.   Like I told Dave - safe travels, good luck, good weather, and watch out for stupid people.
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-08-05 1:17 PM
It will be an adventure for sure, but that's good, reminds me I'm alive. :laugh:

:hug:
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-08-05 3:55 PM
It sounds wonderful! Have a blast and keep us posted. :hug:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-05 1:14 PM
I will lend you Lisa.  The farthest I've ever been in a car is driving with her to Michigan; 7 hours.  The girl talks nonstop.  Never a dull moment. She also made a 6 hour playlist to coincide with the different towns we passed thru.  (Think Jackson 5 going thru Gary IN).  anyway....the time flew.   You can grab her in Lansing after you drop off the kid and your return trip will pass in a flash.

Seriously, good wishes, safe travels, watch out for stupid people.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-08-05 2:40 PM
Thanks for the encouragement folks.  Normally I wouldn't be worried about the drive but my weird neck issue concerns me.  Fortunately it feels a bit better this afternoon.  A full day of sitting around, occasional ice, and a Naproxen must have helped.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-08-05 4:02 PM
I recently joined Audible through my Amazon Prime. I get an audio book a month plus I got two for joining. I didn't know if I would like listening to books but so far I've enjoyed listening to them on the beach or on walks. I think they would be good on a drive if they don't interfere with concentration.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday Special a Fifth of Aug