Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Catching Up FriDaily & WeekendDaily
- - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-08-04 1:53 PM
Not that anyone has even noticed, but I have been off the forum for over a week. Mostly because I have been with my in-laws wth no wifi in the middle of nowhere and I am too blind to read and list on my phone. So I am catching up!

Tim had a PE! Enid's RP is moving to SD! Cristen has the dreaded gestational diabetes! (Fistbump form the GD sisterhood) Limoboss is back!
Spin is going to sell her house! And so on and so on and so on......I hate missing crap.

Let me know what else I have missed. And the regular stuff
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-08-04 2:01 PM
Since I have been traveling, I still haven't finished my Oregon RR.....why would I write it when I'm not in the office?:laugh: I have been taking it easy the two weeks since logging anywhere from 3-14 miles for the past ten days. All miles in Michigan as I have been with my family and my in-laws. Sadly, only 4 miles were at cool temperatures.

I have eaten like CRAP and drank every day for the past 14 days. I'm fat and disgusting. Tomorrow, we will drive straight through from Kalamazoo to Dallas.....my first time in nine years that I have made the drive. Since both kids can now drive, it shouldn't be bad.

Blather: While I have had to work a bit while on vacation, being out of the office for almost two weeks was needed and appreciated. I have a SHITLOAD of crap to do when I get back in Monday, but feel motivated to get back on the horse.
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2017-08-05 12:50 PM
Lotsa eating and drinking; sounds like you have had a nice vacation. :laugh:
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-08-04 4:51 PM
Hi blazer!  I "saw" you on that other social media platform.

1600 meter swim for me today + the usual core & shoulder stuff.

Not missing much from me!
Parent - - By rob26.2 Date 2017-08-05 12:52 PM
Do you use different strokes when you swim?
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-08-05 4:34 PM
I have not since I started back again 6 months ago.  Just some laps of kick drills (kick board & fins, so stroke) and basic freestyle. notmessingwithwhataorks!
Parent - - By indie [us] Date 2017-08-05 10:25 AM
What? Spin is selling here house?  I missed that. Weekend is my catch up on forums day.

Nothing missed here. I ain't doin' shit. :p  Besides i blather a ton on FB.

Will be running in the gym. Have some work to catch up on. I am tired. The head of mobile is visiting again and the head of IT so we are doing two dog and pony shows for them. I am somewhat annoyed, because one is in the evening and I have tickets to some move about cycling with my tri group. Guess I'll see if I can sneak out early.
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2017-08-05 12:55 PM
Happy treadmill running!
Parent - - By Eric1970 Date 2017-08-05 12:06 PM
Hi Blazer!

Thanks for catching me up on what I missed!:shocker!:

I ran 6 miles today. I have been having some back issues again the past few days. Hills and distance kill me. Should be primed for RTB.:cry: I am actually dreading the running this year...a LOT! I'm not sure I will be able to keep doing it no matter how much I love the whole weekend.

I am in rogereland this weekend. I came up to meet with an exterminator since the bugs seem to be really out of control. I also needed to do some cleaning for having a cousins weekend up here next weekend. I don't think the cleaning helped my back much. At least, I won't have much to do next weekn when i first get up here. Now I just need to think of some things to make that are super easy. Does anyone have any easy grilling recipes they LOVE and are idiot proof?:laugh:

My kitchen in NJ is at the end of week 2. When I left Thursday night, the floor was in and grouted. It looked like the walls were marked for cabinets and the ceiling had holes for high hats. Appliances get delivered Monday. Hopefully they will be making the counter soon. I am a bit disappointed because I have some friends from Cyprus visiting Labor Day weekend as they drop their daughter to start at Princeton. They told me back in April. I suspect I will have no kitchen and minimal access to anything on the first floor since it is storing all my stuff from the kitchen, laundry room and storage closet. I hate the whole disarray of everything. Meanwhile, Morgan is with me for two more weeks. I am sure I will need to clean the guest rooma nd bathroom, because I don't think she has ever done a chore in her life.

Anyhoo, I think I will try and rest my back the rest of the day. Maybe go for a leisurely walk to loosen it up.

:hug:
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2017-08-05 12:59 PM
KC strip steak, a little salt and pepper and toss it on the grill.  The same recipe works great for hamburgers or hot dogs.  And, that is about the extent of my cooking knowledge...
Parent - - By rob26.2 Date 2017-08-05 12:40 PM
Thanks for letting me know what I have missed. Although I don't know what a PE or an RP is. :wtf: Not sure if SD is South Dakota or San Diego. :wtf:

I ran 20 miles this morning and it was glorious!  60* with a  dewpoint in the 50s.  A running group was out on my usual long-run route, so I "ran into" about 10 people I know.  My usual solitary run changed into me doing several U-turns so I could run/chat with a friend I had not seen in awhile.  The cool temps and the unexpected social hour made for a great run.  The rain started during the last 7 miles, so I was soaked when I got home.

Weather update: About 10 days ago we had light to moderate rain all day followed by massive thunderstorms.  Some isolated places got 7" of rain.  There was flash floods and "regular floods" in bunch of places around town.  All the running trails follow the creeks and they were covered with silt, logs, rocks etc.  I was on a trail a few days ago and there was a 200' section where the asphalt was peeled away.  Anyway, the exact same thing is in the forecast for today.  Rain all day to get the ground nice and saturated followed by thunderstorms.  The weather dude said that some places in town will get 6+ inches of rain.  It is raining now and we will see if the rest of the storms pan out as predicted.

Mrs. Rob has been in Austin TX all week visiting her folks.  Her flight is supposed to land in about an hour so she should be home before the boomers roll in.

That's all from soggy Kansas.  Safe travels Blazer!  If you get stopped by high water near KC, give me a call.
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-08-05 4:39 PM
PE - Pulmonary Embolism  :sad:

RP - Running Partner  :sad: for Enid to lose her running partner who is moving to SD (and I forget but think it's San Diego, not South Dakota???)
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-08-05 9:59 PM
It's South Dakota
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-08-06 1:28 PM
that's a lot of rain! :shocker!:
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-08-05 10:08 PM
We're a week into our trip & doing ok so far. Did a LR this morning on a deserted road.  DH rode his bike. In 14 miles, we may have encountered five vehicles. In case you ever have the chance, I would NOT recommend doing Carlsbad Cavern after running long. It makes for a long day. For someone who struggles with claustrophobia, I was proud of going through the whole thing. Maybe the coolest was the flight of bats from the cave at sunset. All electronic devices had to be turned off and all were asked to be quiet while thousands of bats exited the cave. No cameras, no selfies, no cheering, just an amazing few minutes of shared amazement
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-08-06 1:26 PM
it is amazing. we've been there before.  :grin:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-08-06 1:22 PM
Happy Weekend everyone! i can't believe it's almost over. : pbbt:

yesterday ran a short race. There were three distances - 2 mile walk (untimed), 4 & 8 mile timed races. I expected a lot of people but i think there were only 60 people doing the 4 miler. Uh, ok. Its been very warm here, humid and smokey so i didn't expect to run all that well but was even more disappointed than usual. :roll: I thought i should be around an 8 flat pace for 4 miles (last short race was in february and i did a 5k in 7:30 overall pace. yeah, no. Within the first half mile i realized i was third female and maybe 6th or 7th overall. All the races started together. It was such a small race that it was just on sidewalks but in an area that is very quiet so no car traffic. Not flat but nothing is steep. I'd gone out at 8 flat pace but then realized yeah, that was not doable so then my only goal was to just make sure i wasn't passed by anyone female.  :roll::laugh: I succeeded in that. :cool: And yes, i did walk on some of the hills.  :mutmad: just over 33 minutes and i was 2nd overall female and 6th overall. :laugh::laugh: Really great small race and i can't wait to do this one again next year. and it's good to get a dose of reality about speed right now.

worked in the yard, did laundry and some cleaning. Dh grilled some salmon and we tried that fatatoush-ish salad which was delicious! i can't wait to have it again this evening.  This morning i went and ran on trails for 7.5 miles. it was wonderful out. Same temps as yesterday (smokey, warm and humid) but it was very nice in the forest. :hug: Today, need to do some work and various things around the house. DH is visiting with his dad now and will go to their home to help with some stuff. We think FIL may be released from skilled nursing facility this week or next and there are some things which need to happen first.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-08-07 6:37 AM
Travelers unite! I just got back from Buffalo, had a completely awesome time even though, oddly, I didn't race at all.:laugh: I did have a great 18 mile run in perfect running weather through the Nickel City, and it made me so homesick, I just want to move straight to Buffalo instead of staying in NJ another few years. Had a wonderful visit with my friends too.:hug:
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Catching Up FriDaily & WeekendDaily