Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Forth of August. Friday.
- - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-04 6:19 AM
The start of the weekend is almost here.

Got any plans?

run or no run?
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-04 6:22 AM
My days are sooo off. I keep thinking it's Thursday.

Maybe three miles today. later in the heat. I want to do some cross training.

Going to start "ROAR" today. My eyes stayed sore after the eye exam yesterday. I took about 5 hours to feel almost normal.

maybe a trip outside to walmart?  Who knows.

dinner tomorrow night. monday was my anniversary.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-04 6:54 AM
I read the Goodreads reviews on ROAR.   Sounds like it will be a good one for you.

We have mid 50's and breezy.  Pants and a fleece to walk the dog.  I'm sending them to you.   (The cool breezes, not my pants)
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-04 7:01 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-08-04 11:12 AM
Belated Anniversary greetings!  Enjoy your date.:hug:
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-04 12:53 PM
thanks
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-08-04 12:17 PM
Happy anniversary.  Going out for dinner?  What type of restaurant?
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-04 12:54 PM
dinner yes I think. local eatery. if nice to sit outside
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-04 7:02 AM
Zero weekend plans.  Tho that is pretty usual.   Taking my new Brooks for a test run today after it warms up.  Never thought I'd say that in August!  Belated happy anniversary Karen and hubby.  Enjoy dinner!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-04 7:04 AM
and a side note:  The middle school girls CC team was practicing at the park while I walked Misha.  Coach wasn't there yet so they were playing hide and seek in the playground castle.  I envy their little butts and long legs and laughter.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-04 10:08 AM
:hug: it's good to be young. also, a simple observation: though they think they are adults, they are not. well not all the way. stay young.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-08-04 10:47 AM
I :hug: that they were playing hide and seek.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-08-04 8:11 AM
What a joy to be the first to share a forum with 2 lovely ladies.   My run walk really surprised me.  It went exceptionally well even though I kept putting it off.  A bounce in the step. Perhaps still on a grandkids high?    The journey home from NC was 14+ hours but very pleasurable. Caught the train at midnight in Greenville SC.   I had a coach seat on the train right behind the locomotive.  While some complain about the horn blowing all night for grade crossings, I found it to be a symphony.  Breakfast in the dining car was superb rolling through Virginia.  Sure beats the interstate.  I'm missing playing with the kids this morning.  I told Lynda I want to get a huge dumpster throw everything in there and go to Black Mountain and start over.  But we will not abandon the kin folk we care for.

Plans...I would love to go to the Wilmington Blues festival.  But don't think car availability will permit it. 

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-04 9:32 AM
The perfect train ride.  I'm so happy when I read about your grandkid adventures.:happy:
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-04 10:11 AM
your attitude. perfect. a pleasure to be alive!!

I took myself on a tour of the Santa Rosa railroad station.  enjoyed the tour
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-08-04 10:49 AM
I know we loved the train ride we took last year to Florida. We are trying to make plans for a trip this spring to include a train ride from DC to Maine.
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-08-04 10:51 AM
Danny is still in the hospital. I'm walking a lot between the apt and the hospital so although I'm not running I'm at least getting in some walking distance.

:grin:
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-08-04 10:56 AM
Hope he gets to be released soon. It's hard to get better when you're stuck in a hospital.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-04 12:54 PM
hugs lady.  hope he feels better soon.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-08-04 11:03 AM
I did a little walk up a hill and back (36 minutes) and a couple sets of a core workout.

I'm trying to organize the trips to Michigan & Florida.  I need the Michigan grandparents to get back to me with a place and time to get Annabelle on Monday.  I was hoping for someplace at noon so I could get back to WV in the evening but it may not work for them.  Their son (Annabelle's biological father) is visiting from the west coast with his girlfriend and her 4 kids and they have to take them to the airport late Monday or early Tuesday (I can't remember which it is.)  I'm having a little anxiety about all the driving next week so it is hard to wait to get the plans finalized.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-04 12:55 PM
I hope your drive goes well. I know driving anxiety very well. :hug:

How did the trump visit go in your town?
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Forth of August. Friday.