Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thankful Thursday, 03 August 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-08-03 7:16 AM
Ok, I will get the daily going but I don't have any exciting or interesting topics.

You know the drill...post away.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-08-03 7:27 AM
I'm in the office today (for the first time in 2-3 weeks) so I'll be skipping any workout activities.  My back/neck is bothering me anyway.  I have a doctor appointment in a week and a half and I'll ask him what he thinks about the ongoing back issues I've been having.

In anticipation of the the President's visit, the arena where he is speaking and the office of one of our Senators has been vandalized with graffiti.  The protesters are getting started early.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-03 7:39 AM
:shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!: I get the upset but let's be adult about things shall we? oy.   Time to play it safe I think.

I'm sorry about your back. I hope it's an easy fix for you.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-08-03 7:52 AM
I hope to figure it out because I have 3 conditions for driving out to the Monster Half:

- Lose at least 10 pounds (and I am slightly more than halfway there). Losing 10 still leaves me 10-20 more than I would like to be but 10 is achievable.

- Figure out this back/neck thing. It feels like someone with very large hands is grabbing me by the base of my neck and squeezing. Not painful, but very annoying.  It happens randomly and fairly frequently. It doesn't seem to affect me directly because I still run and I even rode roller coasters with it, but it seems to wear me out over the course of a day. I get tired or I get a headache.

- Be able to run at least 10 miles comfortably again
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-03 7:55 AM
How about an ice pack for your neck off and on throughout the day?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-08-03 8:06 AM
May be worth a try.  My guess is that 36 years of poor posture while working on the computer, a twisted sleeping position, and now the inventions of smartphones and tablets have added up to cause something out of whack.  I am trying to be more consistent with checking my head positioning but old habits are hard to break.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-03 9:37 AM
or I was thinking heat.  I googled what you described. don't :cool: however one thing I did see more than once was a nerve pinch. worth a try.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-08-03 10:27 AM
I've already googled it and the really bad things didn't fit so it didn't freak me out.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-03 1:32 PM
good. it looks like people have issues with around the neck pressure. which is really strange
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-03 7:42 AM
Hey gang.

13.6 to start the day. Got up early and started a wee bit late. I had another good run. (fingers crossed it happens again)

All three of us go to  get our eyes checked this afternoon. Also a trip to the library to pick up a book I want to read.  "ROAR" by Dr. Stacy Sims. Diet for the female athlete. All stages of femaledom.  I'm interested in menopausal  chicks.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-03 7:48 AM
13.6 and it was good.  What a great start to your day!
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-03 9:38 AM
I gotta say, anytime I finish these early morning runs, I'm pretty proud.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-08-03 10:07 AM
yeah it feels good to get a longish run done on a weekday morning.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-08-03 8:25 AM
Nice running Babe :cool:

I'm interested in menopausal  chicks.

So you get the Weird Code of the Day award.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-03 9:39 AM
is that a hot flash in your pants or are you just happy to see me?
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-08-03 10:07 AM
I would say Both
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-03 1:32 PM
:laugh:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-03 7:54 AM
Hey MB.  Thanks for the start.   How hot is it at your house today?  We have been promised a 3 day reprieve with lows possibly in the 50's highs in the 70's.  Can't wait.

My great nephew stopped by for coffee yesterday.  He is on a week long road trip visiting family.  I've only seen him a handful of times since my mom died.  We used her good china and toasted her memory.  Then he was off to my brother's (his grandfather's) house to mooch supper I think.:wink:

Arms and Abs today.  My new shoes (Brooks Ghost) arrived yesterday but hey can wait until tomorrow for their first road test.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-03 9:39 AM
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

what a great thing.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-08-03 8:26 AM
Hello All.

Running the Dawn 10k after my noon meeting.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-03 9:40 AM
afternoon delight?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-03 10:44 AM
I didn't think so.  Rob might have a different take.: pbbt:
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-03 1:33 PM
he does like it hot
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-08-03 12:12 PM
Oh my goodness -- it's been busy the last 24 hours.  Alpha class, met a friend, and then book club.  But the best part -- we had precious rain last night; 2/10's of an inch!  And it is only 85 degrees right now and the sky is overcast.  Feel like a new woman!

I need to workout and hope to do that this afternoon.

Enjoy your afternoon!
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-03 1:34 PM
yay for rain! we got a pretty good size storm here last night. saw a rainbow
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-08-03 2:10 PM
ab/core and cardio videos done!
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-08-03 3:36 PM
Very Thankful here. Yesterday afternoon Danny too a bad fall on the boat, bounced off the safety rail and went overboard. He fractured two ribs and has a small area where the lung collapsed. We are in the hospital overnight and hopefully he will go home tomorrow if the chest X-ray shows either improvement or no change for the worst :sad: So I am called off work so I can stay with him for a while until he sleeps. Then I'm crashing at my apartment until the morning.

So needles to say there was no running for me. Yesterday I ran about 3 miles and then hiked for an hour with the kiddos. We jumped off the pier and had a blast right up until he fell.

:grin:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-08-03 4:32 PM
That's awful Dottie.  Were you with him when he fell or did he have to get righted around by himself?
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-08-03 5:11 PM
Oh no! Sending healing vibes Danny's way!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-08-03 5:20 PM
Oh Dottie, hope Danny continues to improve.  That incident sounds very scary.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-08-04 6:18 AM
goodness. Hope Danny is okay today. sending healing vibes. sleep lady.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-08-04 7:02 AM
He is going home today I'm pretty sure. Hoping so, anyway. His X-ray was unchanged this morning so at least it's not getting worse. :hug: I got some good sleep last night and my son is going to stay with Danny tonight and tomorrow while I work. With all the pain meds and pain when bearing down his biggest problem is he can't poop. :laugh:

Thanks for all the good wishes.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thankful Thursday, 03 August 2017