Me either, I just Googled it. : pbbt:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-03 6:36 AM
All hail Google!:grin:
Parent - - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-08-03 12:19 PM
Happy GA Day!!!:laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-03 1:08 PM
Happy GA Day to you, too!:hug::hug:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-03 6:28 AM
--Kind of funny that National Georgia Day coincides with National Watermelon Day. :laugh:

--Got things lined up with the financial advisor yesterday. Opened a new, separate account with them partly due to the new structure and fees. Found out that now that I am 50 I can contribute another $1,000/year to my traditional IRA. :cool:

--Sent Iowa to work with about 4 dozen cucumbers. I’m taking a couple dozen to work with me. Anyone want some cucumbers? This is crazy. We have a row that is about 20 feet long. We do have them growing up cattle panels, but still. That’s a lot of cucumbers for a short row. We have 4 different varieties.

--Cherry tomatoes are really coming on and I’ve had a couple of Brandywine tomatoes. I’m sure they’re going to be taking off anytime. I need to get ready for some canning.

--Hand and arm have really been bothering me. :cry: The weed eating stared it and then I don’t think the chopping up cucumbers for relish and pickles have helped. Add in the fact that I’m lumping all my massages together these days and it’s no wonder I’m having issues. :meh:

--Whoever can design a weed eater that is worth a shit for a woman that doesn’t kill you to operate deserves a Nobel Prize. End of story.

--Iowa took the dogs in his truck to go dig potatoes. We planted them on the southeast corner of our property so it’s quite a distance from where the shop is. Sarge hung out with Meadow and him for maybe 5 minutes and then ran home to mama. :laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-03 6:38 AM
Georgia Day - Watermelon Day - same thing.....as it should be:cool:

Good news on the financial front:cool:

My mom turned 70 last december so this year she has to take money out....she is :grin: about that.

Mama's boy:laugh:

How many acres is your farm?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-03 7:19 AM
Do you have to start taking money out at 70? I have to admit, I’m a bit clueless on that. I’ll probably still be working. :cry:

We have 36 acres. About 7 of that is wooded. It’s actually 3 individual lots--5.5 acres, 13 acres and 18 acres. Because they’re divided as such, are in a subdivision and all have their own electric makes the value of the land a bit higher than other comparable farm land.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-03 8:09 AM
I believe she does have to take a min amount out each year once she hits 70.5 years old.

Very nice!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-03 6:55 AM
Good news checking with the financial advisor and being able to contribute more. Traditional IRA is the one where you get some sort of tax break now, right?

I always hated weed eating, glad I don't do it now
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-03 7:14 AM
Yea, I get the tax break now with the traditional IRA. I’m sure I’ll regret it when I go to take the money out but right now it helps out on my tax situation. Screwed now or screwed later. Take your pick. :laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-03 8:06 AM Edited 2017-08-03 8:11 AM
:laugh:  I max out my Roth IRA nowadays because I can't have the traditional, so I will get the tax break on the other end which will be fine.

edit: I thought when I looked at traditional before I didn't qualify for all of the tax deduction but now that I look at it we should qualify without a problem so I'm confused. Roth works for me anyway so I'm ok with it
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-03 8:10 AM
Why can't you have a traditional? I have both but I don't have any extra yet to put in the Roth.

I need to work on that. Maybe next year.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-03 8:16 AM
I just edited at the same time you post. It isn't that I can't have it but I wasn't seeing the tax benefit of it.

I'm super confused because I read one thing and it made it sound like I could get a deduction, then I just looked at another and I can't. I think the first table I looked at was just misleading
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-03 6:36 AM Edited 2017-08-03 6:38 AM
Waiting on the call to schedule my closing. :grin:

Nothing to do at work today:roll:

More running tonight while at Rip's practice:cool:

This weekend I will have SIX soccer games!:shocker!: Two Friday 7pm and 11pm. Two Sat 1pm and 3pm, Two Sun 10 and 11:30. :cool::cool:

Also have to do consignment sale after all that:cry::cry:

I love being a notary except that I can't notarize for myself:meh:

I was in bed at 9:30 last night:happy:. i could really get into this.....now to get up earlier. :roll:

Can't wait to get paid so I can pay my bills and pay my tuition and be broke again. But hopefully September will be better as I'll have my mortgage reduced and will get to skip a months payment and will get my current escrow back. That should help refill my coffers.:meh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-03 6:56 AM
6 to play in??

bed at 930 sounds awesome to me
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-03 7:12 AM
Yup. Keeper in all unless someone needs a break. Gonna be awesome!

Except for the whole post-game dealing with the consignment prep:sad:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-03 7:21 AM
Hopefully you’ll make some good money with the consignment sale. Do you pay a booth rental or a percentage of your sales? At least I’m assuming it’s one big place with lots of vendors.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-03 8:21 AM
Everything is combined but I price my own stuff. I get 70% of what sells.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-03 9:19 AM
how much is the fee to have your stuff included? I think here it is $15-25.  I feel like I would need to have a lot of stuff to be able to make some money
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-03 10:35 AM
$10.00
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-03 11:18 AM
I would consider doing ours for that but I think it is $25 for the sale I like here. I just don't have enough stuff yet to ever think of making $200-300 like you are that's awesome.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-03 11:22 AM
Give it a year and then take all the 1-18months stuff in and it will start being worth your time.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-03 10:35 AM
I usually make between $275 and $375.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-03 7:00 AM
B had super projectile vomit this morning while eating - like fountain coming out of his mouth it was so sad. It soaked him, me, the chair, wall, carpet, everything. He acted totally fine afterward so I don't know what it was. I had to change my clothes and decided to work from home because it would take to long to wash up and get work-presentable again

How come it is hot during the week so we can't walk, but cool on the weekends when I want to go to the pool but it is too cold for him. It's the opposite of what I want! 

I am having some pain in my teeth, I think from this lingering sinus issue.

Haven't gotten to the gym all week. I meant to twice but I have such a small window that leaving work just a few minutes late make it impossible unless I want 0 time with B at night.

Although he's been a monster the last two days because they've tried stretching his bottles at daycare but then he's starving and exhausted at home which is a bad combo

Wonder if I get paid today. It is on Thursdays but I always forget which Thursday it is
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-03 7:13 AM
Little B just didn't like the breakfast:shocker!: Glad he was ok after.

Sinus tooth pain:cry:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-03 7:22 AM
Your workout routine sounds similar to mine. :blush::meh:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / National Georgia Day Thursday RTTs