Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Wog On WEDNESDAILY
- - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-08-02 1:03 PM
New word for the day... Wog = somewhere between jog and walk. Maybe I've used this before. It sounds familiar. Post your run/workout/lack thereof, and any blather or usual stuff.

Bonus: Walk on!
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-08-02 1:21 PM
Sudden downpour here this afternoon. A real soaker. My wife was out working in the yard getting soaked, then came in to take a bath. Really. Didn't the rain clean you up?  :laugh:

Wogout: 4 miles last night with the Lady on the trails of Green Lane, school house loop. It was pleasantly summer like and hot. Dang I miss me some good hot summer evening running. Just an untimes wog as it's all I can manage these days. Planet of fitness today at lunch for weights and such.

Bonus: Some get stoned, some get strange. :cool:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-08-02 2:41 PM
hot summer running on trails really sounds just fine. running on pavement sounds awful.
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-08-02 1:24 PM
"Wog";  definition: What Ed does in an Aquabike while moving between the swim exit and T1 where his bike is racked...while all the other competitors are running to T1 :roll:

Workout was the usual Wednesday, teaching 6am cycling class & doing those core & shoulder exercises afterwards.  Class was descending intervals...2:00 hard/2:00 not as hard, 1:30/1:30...1:00/1:00, :30/:30 X 3...first time on a hill with the "hard" in the saddle, second time on the flat with the "hard" standing, third time back on a hill with the "hard" standing.

Bonus: Right On!
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-08-02 2:39 PM
2 minutes of the hard standing would be well, hard!  :laugh:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-08-02 2:24 PM
I will wog after work for 4-5 miles, assuming that the lightning storm has passed by then.

Blather: I had a meeting scheduled today to present a huge deliverable to an internal team to get their feedback so that I can make revisions ahead of the client meeting on Monday. The team has been on my back to get this part of the project done and for them to see it internally ASAP. All of the team members (except for my boss) blew off the meeting. :mutmad: My boss and I talked and I made some revisions, and one of the team members tried to reschedule the meeting but only for a half hour. :meh: Finally she rescheduled it for an hour, and only one team member showed up. He is the most senior team member, so I was fine with that. We were on slide ONE of my presentation and he takes a phone call. :mutmad: It was his boss. He talked to her for 5 minutes, then got up and left the room to talk to her for 5 more minutes. :mutmad: He gets back, apologizes :roll:, and I go on with the presentation. Then his kid calls and he picked up the phone again. I get it, could be an emergency. But COME ON! I was so beyond irritated. Then at the end of my presentation he was like "what about x, y, and z," and I explained that that was all phase 2 of the project and this was all just discovery, and he was like, "oh, I didn't know that," which pissed me off even more. :mutmad::roll::meh:

Bonus: walk off?
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-08-02 2:38 PM
rude.  :mutmad: all of them.  :mutmad:
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-08-02 2:37 PM
after a tough workout when i'm trudging back up the hill home. i wog and curse the hill i live on. :laugh:

busy few days! it's the normal wednesday at home. We had a night out last night where we close the street to traffic and have a neighborhood potluck. It's always fun and i was really happy to sleep in today. then met my mom and we went to the pool for the deep water exercise class. It's really hot here today (we'll break the all time heat record if we get to the predicted 95 degrees) and it's also smokey. There are a lot of forest fires in british columbia and the smoke has moved into this area. It's really murky and my eyes hurt. I'm glad it was an indoor workout in the pool today because i don't think my lungs would like the air for a workout outside. :shocker!: Plus it was just nice to get into a pool when it's supposed to be so hot! :grin:

Dh's dad may be released from skilled nursing facility this weekend. that's not actually good news. While he is able to walk ok now (with a walker), he can't actually get himself up, get himself in or out of bed or dress himself etc. yet, he'd go home where his 80 year old wife who is a foot shorter than he is is supposed to do what? ugh.  :sad:

bonus: aqua jog on!
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-08-02 2:46 PM
That's concerning about DH's dad. :sad: Does he have a nurse that is coming to visit?
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-08-02 3:34 PM
i don't think he would see that there was a need. :meh: it looks like it has been delayed until at least next week, fortunately. it still feels like we are heading towards a train wreck however. :sad:
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2017-08-02 9:53 PM
I didn't wog, I walked...the dog. That could be a wog too I guess? :laugh:

Worked until late. Been a bit swamped this week. N is traveling so the pup's a bit clingy. <3
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Wog On WEDNESDAILY