Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Woke up on time Wed RTTs
- - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-02 6:09 AM
:cool:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-02 6:25 AM
In bed at 10.:grin: Woke up at 500, got up at 545. :happy:

Made the bus:happy:

No practice tonight. Ripley was actually nervous yesterday at the first practice. She walked up and they were all so big! Because they mixed the camp with the 11-12 year olds. I had to literally push her onto the field. She panicked for a minute:hug: But recovered and was off and kicked ass as usual.

Thoroughly enjoyed being a soccer mom and running and then sitting and chatting during practice. No coaching for me!:grin:

I learned some things about the Academy/Select track that I didn't know. Especially about some HS coaches that won't even let a player try out if they haven't played select. WTF. I'd have never played varsity if that attitude were around back then. So I'm really glad we are in this. Ripley has real soccer goals. That may change, but until they do I want to make sure we do the right things in case they don't change.

Also learned 12yos are getting recruited for colleges at tournaments. WTH.:shocker!:

They will also be having some keeper sessions with a keeper coach:cool: (I will be eavesdropping on that) :mischief: Having keeper skills means Ripley will be a step ahead for most teams she wants to play on. :cool:

Tj has baseball skills testing on saturday. That is going to be so cute:laugh:

So much to do tonight on my free night. The rest of the week is seriously booked.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-08-02 6:33 AM
Soccer sounds very serious, but fun.  I loved being a soccer mom the one year Anthony played.  :grin:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-02 6:39 AM
I really try not to pressure her, but like I said, she has real goals. Like, HS, college, olympics....who knows but she knows if she quits she gives up any possibility. So long as she loves it I'll do what she needs to do. And her being a keeper is a big plus! And of course I love soccer so..... win win! Just hope i can keep up money-wise and time-wise.

Her coaches were really great last night. The Y emphasizes fun and skills with winning last. The other soccer org is the opposite which is why I never took her there. There is a ton of pressure in that org. Not worth burning her out and making her hate something she loves. I am thankful they talked about the long-term benefits of starting academy now.

I could literally point out the kids who were a year into Academy vs the newbies last night. that is encouraging. Rip is going to really improve her footwork:cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-02 6:35 AM
Glad you got to enjoy being a soccer mom!

The specialization in kids' sports makes my head hurt and makes me nervous for B. I know the attitude of not being considered if you haven't played in XYZ league is prevalent and that is just ridiculous.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-02 6:41 AM
It is ridiculous. I'm really glad Tj is branching out to baseball because he isn't clicking in soccer being so small.

I played many sports and excelled at more than one so I don't understand being so one-sported except Rip has no interest in anything else. It is all her.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-02 6:48 AM
same here. And even within the sports we played we didn't do all of the private lessons and extra expensive stuff like others and yet we were better than a lot of them. My HS tennis coach lives down the street from me and we just talked about this on Saturday, and we both brought up the same family who spent tons of $$ on their kids' lessons and they just weren't that good. No amount of money was going to make them a star.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-02 6:53 AM
Yeah, other than my riding I never had private lessons in anything. I spent a ton of time at the batting cage with my dad. We played in the yard a ton. But with soccer i was on my own.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-02 6:38 AM
I was ready for an RTT topic from you that said "Waiting on the bus". :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-02 6:41 AM
:laugh: I'm not ready to post online that early in the day:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-02 6:48 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-08-02 6:30 AM
*Some days I come home from work and wonder how much longer I can keep doing this.  Some days it really wipes me out.  Yesterday was one of those days.  Every Thursday is also pretty much one of those days.  :laugh::cry:

*On the positive side, I slept like a rock last night.  :laugh:

*Anthony comes home on Sunday.  :grin::grin::grin:

*I found a bedspread I absolutely loved online.  But it was much more expensive than I usually spend, even on sale.  But I couldn't get it out of my mind, I really liked it.  So I went back online to show Bill and it was half off the previous "sale" price.  :grin::grin::grin:  Guess I bought my own birthday present this year.  :laugh:

*Joseph's ankle really started hurting and swelling again during marching band yesterday.  :sad:  I go back and forth on whether to take him in to the doctor.  There isn't much they can do for an ankle sprain, is there?  I mean other than tell him to stay off of it?  I made him start taking anti-inflammatories and icing more and bought him an ankle brace to give it more stability.   I also told him to just simply not do the movements that make it hurt during the routine.  I said just stand there and move your leg but not your foot.  They have plies and all kinds of weird foot shapings.  I mean clearly doing a plie squat is going to really hurt, so don't do it.  He said after that one he could see the swelling outside of his shoe.  :shocker!::cry:

*All the coffee.  mmmmmcoffeemmmm

*I need to find a birthday present for my Mom.  She needs a new tablet.  I hate presents I have to research beforehand.  : pbbt:  And I have to recruit one of the kids to sit with her and get it all set up for her, download her apps, get her logged in to all of her sites and email etc.  Which should be the tech wizard Joseph but he has little patience for people who just don't understand technology.  He would rather just take the device and hand it back when he's done.  :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-02 6:34 AM
Sounds like you were meant to have the bedspread! I've been waiting for that to happen. I have one I love but have no money right now for it. So I just keep checking. :roll:

Wow! Joseph's ankle is really messed up! They won't do more than stabilize, AI med and rest/ice. BUT, what if there is something broken? An x-ray might be a good idea if it is that bad.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-02 6:37 AM
Good call on the bedspread, it was fate :laugh:

Maybe having Joseph set it up for her would be a good thing and then you can just show her how to use it :laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-02 6:40 AM
Cleaning has to take its toll on you after a while. :meh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-02 6:55 AM
--Well, throw in another refund I have coming to me.....$34.33 for over payment of sewer. This pisses me off. At the closing they took out what I supposedly owed for my sewer bill. I have an issue with this. Especially when they can't freaking be accurate. Stupid city.:mutmad: Watch, it'll probably take 3 months to get my money.

--We dug a few potatoes last night. It's a total crap shoot where they are. Weeds took over, plants died so you have no idea where they are. Iowa is going to go over it and lightly plow. We have garlic in there somewhere too. :blush:

--The lady who inquired about the hay and alfalfa is taking all of it. :cool: That's $1210. :happy: We still have a couple hundred small squares left and the 10 large rounds of clover/alfalfa.

--These cooler mornings are awesome.

--I think I have my bike rack sold. A friend is coming to look at it tomorrow and make sure it will fit on her sons car. I don't see using it anymore and no sense in it sitting around. It's a nice, 4 bike hitch mount Thule.

--I made 5 quarts and 4 pints of dill pickles yesterday. It barely made a dent in my surplus of cucumbers. Going to have to find a home for the rest of these.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-08-02 6:59 AM
Potatoes sound like so much work.  I've never planted them.  Is it like tomatoes, in that homegrown ones have so much more flavor than the store bought ones, or not?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-02 10:22 AM
I don't know if the taste of the potatoes is so much better but the fact that you can have so many different kinds is what I really like.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-02 7:05 AM
Good luck finding those potatoes and garlic! Now you just need some salt and butter!: pbbt:

At least you have money coming back in....

Dill pickle home right here in the ATL.....hint hint:wink::mischief:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-02 7:44 AM
Cooler mornings are awesome! Maybe someday we will even run during them :laugh:

Nice job on selling stuff!  I keep meaning to list my bike rack for sale - it is just a trunk one and it didn't work once I got my SUV - which was 6 years ago :blush:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-02 10:25 AM
I have a trunk mount one that is going in the garage sale. I haven't used that one since I lived in Utah 22 years ago. :blush:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-02 12:21 PM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-02 7:49 AM
Think I need to schedule a mental health day soon just to get some stuff done around the house. I've been putting B's clothes and toys he's outgrown in a closet but I feel like it is starting to take over.  Plus a diaper stockpile that probably needs to be organized better.

Need to look at my PTO better, I always have plenty but I know I'm using a week for CA and then close to a week early next year for FL most likely. Should have plenty to sprinkle throughout the year too.

We also close at 2pm on Fridays so in theory I can use that for some stuff around the house or getting a massage or pedicure. That sort of makes it a mental health day

I might be addicted to my iced coffee at work :blush:

Apparently Chik Fil A does a free breakfast item every Wednesday. Not that I need to be getting breakfast out but sometimes I'm starving in the morning and a mostly free breakfast would be nice

The department I sit by is celebrating a birthday today so I get to join - yea! I think they're going for mexican, which I'm not in the mood for but hey it is free lunch!

B didn't drink all of his bottles at daycare (which is what I want, I want him to spread out his feedings) but then he was having a meltdown right around 6pm which was too late to have a bottle + then normal bedtime routine but seemed too early for bedtime. Decided to give him a partial bottle, he had a big meltdown, so I called it bedtime. He was asleep by 6:15 :laugh: Of course that meant he was up at 6am this morning :meh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-02 8:09 AM
Oh boy baby tantrums:sad::hug::laugh:

Take Friday off and you can use less PTO:wink:

Good luck with the clothes. They will overtake you before you know it! But the older they get the less they have.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-02 10:21 AM
My brother says he has a stack of clothes from my niece that is a few feet tall.  My mom and I have offered to help, mom said she will organize into size/season and I said I would list it on my FB page but he won't take the immense effort (eye roll) to put it in some bags and bring to my parents' house
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-02 10:27 AM
Where in CA?
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-02 12:21 PM
Southern CA - Orange County where M's dad/stepmom live
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Woke up on time Wed RTTs