Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / We Are NOT Wimps Wednesday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-08-02 6:04 AM
How true! Post. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-08-02 6:06 AM
Tuesday I was wobbly when I got up, downed 2 cups of coffee and went out onto the trail. The retracted ear drums are much better. The Benadryl was definitely worse for running than the ear situation. Cure worse than problem it cures. The 45 minute run was decent if a little weird due to the med. Ospreys were coming into the nest. They are so big that they seem to keep flapping their wings which aim more vertically and insert themselves into the nest talons first.
I’ll be offline Thursday and Friday but will return soon.
Today I am off to the trail. Zero dizziness now.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-08-02 6:49 AM
Benadryl makes me wobbly.  Be safe!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-08-02 8:27 AM
I am glad you were able to run.
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-08-02 6:48 AM
Semi-unscheduled day off.  No biking, knee still a little bit wonky.  Less tender and squishy than it was yesterday, so that's progress.  Picking up the kids from school today anyway so biking would have made logistics tough.  Plan to do some ab stuff tonight because I feel like a slug already.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-08-02 2:16 PM
Hope the knee gets better quickly. :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-08-03 5:50 AM
I hope your day off helped.
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-08-02 7:42 AM
I'm following my knee twin again...although it looks like you'll be leaving me behind soon, spccer6 :hug:

I dithered about using the elliptical last night but decided to rest/ice/elevate...after doing some needed shopping/cooking. It feels a bit better today but still very swollen so I think this will be a longer recovery.  Supposed to be run club followed by personal training tonight. I will likely do both but will ice well before & keep my foot on the box under my desk all day!

Great quote from my colleague to my boss: "yes she's using plenty of icing.  Icing, cake, the whole 9 yards".  Asshole :laugh:: pbbt:
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-08-02 10:05 AM
:hug:  Does it help that I feel like a total slug and am itching to do something?   I have an issue with only having two speeds - stopped and full speed ahead - so I can't trust myself to gently, slowly, half do anything.

You'll get there.  And tomorrow you see the physio?
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-08-02 10:27 AM
Yes, although she made clear she's only looking at issues affecting/affected by my running gait. It remains to be seen if the knee issue comes under that banner - although I'm guessing it does. I'm trying hard not to get too enthusiastic - my back issues are 30+ yrs in the making, one physio appt isn't going to fix them. While I'm saying out loud that I know I have months of boring 'safe' rehab ahead of me, whether I'm prepared to actually accept that might mean scrapping my half marathon plans is something else entirely.

In my dreams this is all caused by the wrong shoes & I can fix it by simply forking out another $150. Somehow I doubt reality is that easy
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-08-02 11:22 AM
:hug::hug:   Our brains and our hearts are not always aligned.  It's hard.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-08-02 2:17 PM
+1  Yes, it is hard. :hug:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-02 9:52 PM
Would that it were.

Though my PF was much better after I donated the Landreths and returned to Cumuluses.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-08-02 9:14 PM
Maybe ypucan rest tomorrow.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-08-02 8:29 AM
I ran 6 yesterday through the hilly neighborhood. Been beyond busy lately. I have a 5K this weekend. It will hurt. It wouldn't be 5K if it didn't. At least the course is flat.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-08-02 2:17 PM
Best wishes on the 5K coming up! Good work on the 6 miler.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-02 8:48 AM
2.5 this morning and that may be all. It was 80 this morning when I left. It was in the high 80s and horribly humid with occasional rain splats yesterday evening. Ugly.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-08-02 2:18 PM
It's so hard to deal with the heat and humidity. Hope the monsoon doesn't last long.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-02 9:52 PM
Flash flood warnings, but it doesn't seem to be raining more than a few drops. I would rather have a good hard downpour if it broke the humidity.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-08-02 9:11 PM
Sounds rather sticky.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-02 9:54 PM
Disgustingly so.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-08-02 9:28 AM
30 min in the pool this morning. It was cold. And a bit cloudy. And didn't smell of chlorine.  I hope I don't get something from it. I did report it to the desk as I left.

Wild fires nearby mean our air quality is crap. I'm having a hard time breathing. And the sunrise was weird red.

Also, we are having a heat wave. Supposed to be over 90 today and tomorrow.  This is a BIG deal in Seattle!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-08-02 2:20 PM
Hopefully the lack of chlorine will not get everyone sick.
Fires are awful. Hope they get them stopped. :sad:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-02 9:57 PM
I sympathize on the wildfires -- those are awful.

Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-08-03 5:53 AM
Sharing water space with others is tricky I guess. Hope your next swim is less troublesome.:meh:
Parent - - By tritri Date 2017-08-02 11:55 AM
Yesterday, I went to the pool and swam for 30 minutes, random strokes.  I found out that pool running and side stroke hurt.  I don't like swimming, I am not in shape for it, and I wanted to get out at 5 minutes.  But the time to suck it up and swim was 12 months and 13 lbs ago.  If I had did it then, I would have been in shape now and swimming would be going better.  So I sucked it up and got it done.  Then I went biking when I got home.  Knee was better after icing and swimming than before, so it went OK and I did 5 hills at a high cadence.  HIIT training is what drops the weight for me, so I am trying to do it any way I can.  I ended up going 17 miles and my knee was just done, but it was fun and what I needed.  Finally have celebrex approved, so I should get that going tonight.  I have vowed to do core every day, and exercise 6 days a week at least, any way I can.  I think I will feel more like myself, and maybe my clothes will fit again.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-08-02 2:18 PM
Good for you for swimming! Did you find a swim cap? I can mail you one if you don't have one. It will help the hair.

Glad that the knee is better. Swimming can be great for healing the body (and soul)
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-08-02 2:22 PM
Glad you got the swimming in. Best of luck on the knee. :hug:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-02 9:57 PM
Nice swimming!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-08-03 5:57 AM
They were offering swimming as part of a pick and choose triathlon training series at our gym. I was interested but the series was 1/2 over when I found out and then the pool is closed for a month, but it seemed like a great way to get back into it. I hope you find exercise that won't hurt your knee.
Up Topic Communities / Women / We Are NOT Wimps Wednesday dailies