Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Torrid Tuesday NRR
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-01 8:43 AM
Hot and sticky even in California.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-01 8:43 AM
And if the planet continues to heat up, what in the world are we going to be dealing with 11 years from now when we host the Olympics?
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-08-01 10:12 AM
Election day here. We had 20, yes 20 people running in the primary for Mayor in Seattle.  There is a good chance we will have a female Mayor next, which would be cool as we haven't had one since the first one in the 1920's!!
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-01 11:11 AM
Wow! Is the mayorship partisan? Or is it if anyone gets over 50% s/he is the winner, otherwise the top two go to a runoff election?

And it may be interesting. You know how the mayor is often referred to as "His Honor" or "Hizzoner"? I can see "Her Honor" but how about "Herroner"? Not quite the same ring.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-01 1:14 PM
I've never heard a mayor referred to that way, at least not around here.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-08-01 2:10 PM
Yeah, I don't think we call them that either. It is usually Mayor [lastname].
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-01 4:05 PM
You're politer than we are, then. "That jackass" is one of the more printable descriptions.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-08-01 4:15 PM
well, after the sex abuse allegations, he's gotten some extra nicknames.

It will be interesting if we end up with a female mayor. Our only other one was named Bertha. When they started to build a tunnel under the city to replace our waterfront elevated freeway (think Embarcadero) they named the tunneling machine "Big Bertha" after her.  Bertha broke down ALL the time.  So it became a not so flattering nickname.  I hope a new female mayor doesn't have such a disgraced nickname!
Parent - - By elmtree Date 2017-08-01 4:07 PM
We just call him Rahm, and there's usually some not so nice words around it.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-02 8:47 AM
As I recall he's no slacker in the slinging not so nice words department, so I'm sure he can give as good as he gets.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-08-01 1:15 PM
non partisan. there will be a run off.

Our current mayor (male) has a husband who goes by "The First Gentleman". Of course our current mayor was also charged with sex with a minor. :roll:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Torrid Tuesday NRR