Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tottering Tuesday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-08-01 6:17 AM
Let's hope no tottering today. :laugh:
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-08-01 6:18 AM
Monday’s 65 minute trail run was a good thing because the dizziness was improved. Besides, I saw a young deer hopping across the trail. The first half mile I was not really sure, but soon I was able to run a straight line with no problems. I even did the Evil Hill once. It was also better when I got home. I took a Benadryl before bed. That always helps although I am supposed to take them for about a week to get rid of this. Benadryl really sedates me so a loathe taking it. I’ve been to the doc before about the dizziness and he said it really needs the old antihistamine. (They all sedate me anyway.)
Today I plan to run a light easy time on the trail. Dizziness is better and I am trying to get coffee down (ick…I prefer tea) so I can wake up.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-01 8:42 AM
Baby deer!

Hope you feel better.
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-08-01 8:25 AM
USDO from biking.  My knee is still a little squishy.  Clearly fluid on it, so it's attempting to protect itself from damage.  Drove to the trainer, he adjusted the work out on the fly since it was supposed to be leg day; did triceps and back instead.  I'm so in love with how he deals with me and how much he just knows about the body.  Everything we did, he made sure to make sure it wasn't causing any discomfort with my knee.  No "just push through it" crap.  Ice and elevation for the knee today.  Have to drive into work tomorrow anyway since I need to pick the kids up from school.  Will probably just drive this whole week to give it a rest from the biking.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-01 8:42 AM
Sorry about the squishy knee, and glad your trainer is so flexible (scheduling wise). Good luck with the driving.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-08-01 1:15 PM
Trainer sounds like a really good one! Good to rest the knee. Hope swelling goes down. :hug:
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-08-01 8:37 AM
spccer6 & I are knee twins today :cry:

Personal training last night - I'd sent her an email in advance re. my knee so also an upper body workout for me: chest, back, biceps & triceps. She did point out that my knee is noticeably swollen as in zero definition of the knee cap - so maybe I need to take this a bit more seriously :blush:

Also elevating, also icing. And taking the elevator the one storey down from office to car much to the annoyance of the other users I'm sure. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to run the planned 2.5 miles tonight or maybe do the same distance on an elliptical (I hate the elliptical). Mainly I'm holding on for my physio appt on Thursday morning & hoping for some answers/recommendations then. It's in a medical clinic so I figure if they want an x-ray it can be done there likely as quickly as if I went to a walk-in clinic today or tomorrow anyway.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-01 8:41 AM
Definitely take it seriously. No worries about the elevator. People take that all the time whether they should or not.

I would avoid the elliptical too but I don't like them.

Good luck with the physio appointment.
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-08-01 9:30 AM
Wonder twin power - ACTIVATE!  Form of Rest, Ice, and Elevation!  No running.  <insert stern face> You're knee is swollen for a reason - something is wrong.  Give it a break.
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-08-01 11:15 AM
But it's sunny and warm outside. This doesn't happen often in Winnipeg : pbbt: Maybe I could walk 2.5 miles instead, or for the same amount of time. Damnit I'll happily rest when it's -40 but the days are already getting shorter and I don't want to miss the eye-blinkingly short Winnipeg summer :sad:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-08-01 9:33 AM
Don't run. One run may hurt it more and taking off a run won't ruin your training plan. Sorry your knee is such a pain. :wink:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-08-01 1:16 PM
I'm glad you are getting to the physio. It's good to make sure of these things. :hug:
Parent - - By BoredTemp [us] Date 2017-08-01 8:51 AM
3 miles.   Sloggy and soggy, but done. : pbbt:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-08-01 1:17 PM
Great work on the 3 miler in this weather! :happy:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-08-01 8:53 AM
It was 60*F this morning. :shocker!:  It didn't last long and is supposed to be near 90 by afternoon, but it was markedly more pleasant weather (though still quite humid) for running this morning.  I got in 5.4 miles at a decent pace.

Due to various people having doctors' appointments, I'm going to be alone with three kids for a while this afternoon. :shocker!:  The odds are not in my favor...
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-08-01 9:31 AM
Benedryl and/or duct tape?  :laugh::blush:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-08-01 1:09 PM
+1 I'll supply the benadryl. :laugh:
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-08-01 8:40 AM
Only if the tottering is intentional and preferably caused by a refreshing beverage.

3.2 this morning. Not tottering, but definitely slow. Flash flood warnings and monsoon expected -- I'm guessing there's a tropical storm off the coast. Sky is pretty but wow, is it humid out there.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-08-01 1:18 PM
Hope the monsoon goes ok. DS says they get it out in CO.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tottering Tuesday dailies