Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Day Two Missed the Bus Tues RTTs
- - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-01 6:10 AM
So....no gold star today:laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-01 6:24 AM
Missed the bus already???
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-01 6:24 AM
:laugh::blush::blush:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-01 6:24 AM
So yesterday I was ON POINT for everything.
Rotated laundry
Folded a freaking load of laundry:shocker!:
Emptied the dishwasher (usually avoid at all costs)
Made kids lunches
Went over their homework
House is still straight
Went through 3 boxes from the attic for the sale and/or to just get rid of....

I was doing great. I was even in bed at 9:30:shocked: Asleep a little after 10 (kids were still awake despite being in bed at 8).......so I didn't wake up to my alarm until my FATHER called at 6:55 that we just missed the bus:laugh:

However I do get a silver star for having the kids up and ready for school with breakfast and teeth brushed and in the car at school at 7:17am. Just forgot Tjs hair that I noticed as he walked into school:laugh:

ETA - Still made their lunches:cool:

My mom bought me a recliner at goodwill for $20. It is blue leather/pleather (no clue). Super comfy and it rocks. When my brother delivered it I had him take away the disgusting one the old lady left. Can't wait to clean it up tonight and bring it inside. It is so comfy. I love goodwill furniture. My second couch is a $25 couch from goodwill and I love it. You would never guess.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-01 6:31 AM
Emptying the dishwasher is my least favorite household chore. When my exchange student was here she always did it. :happy: We didn’t put a dishwasher in the barn so I don’t have to worry about it now. : pbbt:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-01 8:13 AM
6:55 seems early for kids that young to catch the bus :shocker!:

We had a goodwill couch that lasted 3 years in college. Although I admit now I get a little creeped out at the thought.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-01 8:22 AM
Yes. 6:53 is the p/u time. Super early. But then I get off to work early so....i'm ok with it. Took me a while though.:laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-01 6:29 AM
--Who wants to ride the bus anyway? :laugh:

--Figured if I took the dogs on a walk all the way up to the squash and melons it would start raining. It did. : pbbt: That’s okay, I’m not complaining, the soybeans need the rain.

--Got the first out of four checks I have coming to me for refunds for one thing or another. This was a mere $37 of the $988 I have coming but at least it’s a start.

--Sent off the payment for the last gas bill at the house. That settled up all the outstanding utilities there. :cool: Onward to cheap living! :wink:

--Meeting with financial advisor tomorrow to find a home for a little of this extra money.

--Geez, with my marathoning and major traveling having come to pretty much a halt I’m going to have a lot of spare change. I sort of spent a lot of money on traveling. :blush:

--My dad got his old car running so they got that moved out of the exterior garage/shed and into the garage on the house. My mom has frantically been working on garage sale stuff. I plan to go over there this weekend and start going thru my crap. Can’t even remember what I took over there. :blush: We’re having the sale the end of the month so we need to get after that.

--My parents have 330 square foot of tile I need to look at. Might be suitable for a bathroom, laundry room and/or the breezeway on our house. They put all high end stuff in their house so I’m sure it’s good quality.

--Iowa just texted. He’s sitting on the highway in the semi waiting on an accident to clear up. So much for the 8 truck driving gig. :roll: His bosses don’t get why it’s more like 10 hours every time someone hauls a load. They never consider accidents, road construction, weather, etc. They just get pissed because the guys aren’t back in the 8 time frame. :mutmad:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-01 6:50 AM
Tj did. He hasn't gotten to get on the bus yet in the morning. He wasn't happy with me: pbbt:

Walk in the rain....sounds lovely.

Yay for cheap living!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-01 8:15 AM
I can only imagine how much $$ is spent in a 50 states quest. That is one reason I abandoned my ideas rather quickly, I knew it was going to get pricey.

Free tile - sweet!
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-01 8:22 AM
Just the airfare sounds undoable for getting to all 50. Alaska and Hawaii.....:shocker!:

How about doing just the Great 48?:laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-01 9:10 AM
:laugh:  yea our airfare to HI last year was about $1K per ticket.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-08-01 9:34 AM
In a way I wish I would have kept track of travel expenses for the 50 states. I’d be willing to bet I got by much cheaper than most.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-08-01 8:18 AM
We have a company observing our work space today and for the next couple of weeks so they can help us determine what kind of work stations/setup we need. I didn't even know this was a thing

I keep thinking someone is watching me and it is creeping me out

Feeling a little better. I took Sudafed yesterday (2 doses) and feel a lot better. I'm surprised at how well I feel today. Let's just hope it lasts

My 4 year work anniversary was Saturday. There was a card on my desk yesterday although usually people do decorations and get to go for a team lunch. That's the downside of being my own department, I don't get any of the celebrations. Maybe I should start taking myself out to lunch and asking for reimbursement :laugh:

Can't believe it is already August! The school district I live in goes back to school today. It is also my brother's birthday
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-08-01 8:24 AM
That would be super creepy being observed like that.:sad:

Definitely start having department lunches:mischief:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Day Two Missed the Bus Tues RTTs