Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Monday Morning Matters Daily
- - By Ed [us] Date 2017-07-31 10:10 AM
What "matters" are you attending to on this Monday?  Also, what "matters" to you today?

...and if those didn't cover it, tell us about your run, workout, eats & drinks and any bather you may have.

Bonus:  Do you consider the end of July the mid-point of summer, the approx. 1/3 point of summer or something else?
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-07-31 10:22 AM
The first matter I had to attend to today was to get up & go to "work" :roll:  MOre recently it's been starting the laundry & a bit of vacuuming : pbbt:  

It doesn't matter that the Phillies are on a hot streak...they still have the worst record in MLB :cry:

So, the usual, taught cycling class with core & shoulder stuff afterwards.  After showering, I stopped at the nearby Wegmans on my way home & ran into 2 women who had been working with our trainers at the gym while I was doing shoulder stuff.  Guess I'm not the only one who hits the grocery store after working out/while hungry :laugh:

Bonus:  There are almost two whole months of summer left!
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-07-31 11:40 AM
I have a few things due at work this week, so I am tending to them. Non-work related, I am getting a lot of wedding planning done. Today one thing that matters to me is getting out of work at a reasonable time so I can run after work AND have time to fix dinner.

Run: will be 5 miles after work. I wasn't feeling it this morning, so after a failed attempt at sleeping in, I did some yoga, body weight exercises, and hip exercises. Yesterday I had 18 miles on the schedule, 2 easy, 3 MP, 1 tempo, x3. I started the run with a migraine :cry: and then my gallstone started hurting again :cry: so after the first 6-mile section I ratcheted it down and decided to run the rest of it between easy pace and MP. I felt like complete shit. I ended up walking some of the last 3 miles, and I shut it down with half a mile to go because I just felt horrible and I caught up to fiance who was on his cooldown walk from his run so I took that as a sign and just walked the rest of the way home with him. I feel great today, not even sore, so I guess that's a good thing?

Eats and drinks: fiance and I went to a steakhouse after our 18 milers yesterday and had a steak dinner at 3 in the afternoon. :laugh: It totally hit the spot.

Blather: after not having played for a month (at least), we have corporate softball playoffs tomorrow! We are the last place team in our division and we are playing the first place team in another division, so our playoff run will be short-lived.

Bonus: I consider the end of July to be mid-summer.
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Monday Morning Matters Daily