Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Merry Monday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-07-31 6:44 AM
Post. :grin:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-07-31 6:45 AM
Friday was 45 minutes out on the trail. It was light and easy since I am testing whether the right leg is happy with what I’m doing. There was no indication of discomfort from it. Goody! I worked an hour on yoga.
Saturday was SDO and a bit of yoga
Sunday Buddy was not back yet. It was a good day to do some more yoga. I’m trying to do it daily.
Today I’ve had some dizziness so I need to get out on the trail for a run. I need a good strong antihistamine tonight and every night until it goes away. My ear drums are retracted and I get dizziness because of it.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-07-31 10:12 AM
Great job on working the yoga in.  And any run that is "light and easy" is a good one in my book!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-31 12:36 PM
Your doing yoga inspires me to do some yoga every day. :hug:
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-07-31 7:22 AM
Friday's bike ride home was a slog as predicted.  Got out of here later than I'd have preferred so I had to deal with traffic.  Bleck.

Saturday, rode my bike to the trainer (1.5 miles), thought I was about 10 minutes early only to learn I was actually 20 minutes late!  Ugh.  Trainer is awesome and offered to either do a make up session later this week or if I could come back in an hour and a half, he'd tack me on to the end of his schedule.  I opted for the latter.  Rode my bike home, then jumped in the car to go to the gym to take pictures of the equipment I have access to (it's a really small workout room at the pool really, but has decent equipment).  Then drove back to the trainer, sat in my car for a few minutes and then realized I couldn't just sit there for 45 minutes.  Hopped out and walked up and down this monster hill until it was time to work out.  Good workout with trainer; thankful he's a jovial guy and understands stuff happens.  Ran errands and then stood for 2 hours at the Atlanta United MLS game.

Sunday, walked about 4 miles with my neighbor and then took DS1 to Six Flags after doing some house work.  Total steps for the day was almost 20K.

Today, USDO.  My right knee has some fluid on it and it's a little tender.  Ice and Advil to see if I can help it.  Drove in instead of biking due to that and needing to get the kids after lunch for school orientation.  School starts Wednesday!
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-07-31 10:14 AM
It is great that you have such a flexible trainer. I know that if you are generally reliable, the times you aren't people tend to cut you a lot of slack!
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-07-31 12:40 PM
+1
Besides, when we are late or something similar, it isn't because of negllect, it's because of family, injury, traffic because we ferry people everywhere, etc.
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-07-31 2:35 PM
I wish I could blame outside influences - this was plain old had the wrong time in my head.  I am grateful he offered to let me make it up; he certainly didn't have to.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-07-31 10:11 AM
30 min in the pool before work. Just felt good!
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-07-31 12:40 PM
How is your pneumonia? Glad you get to swim. :happy:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-07-31 1:11 PM
pneumonia basically gone.  I still weeze a little on stairs, but that's about it.
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-07-31 10:14 AM
Those with experience with "runner's knee"... did you have swelling? I don't recall this from my previous bout, but this time I have a noticeable bowling-ball swelling on the front inner side of my right kneecap.

I'm annoyed because it was at zero pain as of Friday morning then at 9.30pm we had a fire alarm that meant I walked down 12 flights of stairs...by floor 5 I was in pain & by the ground I was limping :cry: In fairness, running 4 miles the next morning & 8.5 the day after despite already being in some pain probably (definitely) didn't help but I couldn't afford to lose another long run without accepting I wouldn't be able to run the half in Sept.

Anyway, trying now to decide if I should see a doctor or if they'll just say the same as before which was that it's standard Patellofemoral pain syndrome for which the treatment is ice & rest. Without a family doc here, getting an x-ray will be a 4-5 hr wait at a walk in clinic which is only worth it if it appears this is something new. The physio last week looked up my previous notes and although she couldn't access the x-ray itself the notes said my knee was stable and with no cartilage deterioration - and I see her again Thursday

In the meantime I suspect I'm not running tomorrow or Wednesday & I have to decide if it's a good idea to do strength training tonight :sad:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-31 2:51 PM
I know I am told to not put any weights on legs at all. Can you limit the strength training to only upper and sitting on a bench? I would guess ice and rest for the knee but I hope you can find out about the swelling if it doesn't go down. :hug: Sorry, I'm not much help on this. Maybe others?
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-31 2:57 PM
I haven't had "runner's knee" but DD has had patellofemoral pain on and off for years, not sure if she has swelling.

If you are in this situation again, having to descend multiple flights of stairs, it does help to go down some of them sideways and switch sides from time to time, rather than facing front the whole way down.

Hope the swelling recedes and the pain goes away.

I would agree on focusing on upper body and core tonight.
Parent - By rabbitrunner Date 2017-07-31 6:03 PM
I've often had trouble with knees.  Mainly I've self-managed but once saw an ortho who diagnosed patellofemoral syndrome.  Since then I've assumed that that's generally been the cause of my knee troubles.  Mostly it has not caused swelling, but occasionally swelling has been present. Nothing too dramatic though - just a little puffy and squishy around the front.  There's an awful lot that can go wrong in a knee though.  If rest, ice, NSAIDs don't help within a few days, getting it checked out might not be a bad idea.
Parent - - By BoredTemp [us] Date 2017-07-31 3:02 PM
A very boring 2.5 miles, but proud of myself for dragging myself out of bed and doing it. : pbbt:

Hopefully after a few weeks of being happy about just getting out of bed, I'll start having meaningful workouts. :laugh::blush:
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-07-31 3:08 PM
My trainer asked me what my number one goal for this first 6 week session was.  He thought I was kidding when I said Consistency - show up every time.  I was like, no dude, that's really what I want to focus on.  If I lose weight or gain muscle, that's lagniappe!  Just showing up consistently is the goal!
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-31 6:24 PM
SDO today. Had too many errands and little things to finish up before leaving tomorrow to make it to the gym. But I did go to the gym yesterday and did my knee PT and a little biking and a few minutes of running. Now looking at two days of driving...wheeee!
- By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-31 2:55 PM
3.07 miles on the TM at lunch.

I was planning to do more but it was one of the "open house and DJ" days and I really do not like the volume at which he plays his music. Painfully loud.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Merry Monday dailies