Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Make my hand wake up Monday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-31 6:15 AM
My right hand has been falling asleep a lot. :cry:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-31 6:26 AM
--I didn’t do that much weed eating. :cry::meh:

--Took Sarge to town with me yesterday (he LOVES to ride in the car) and we ran 3.3 miles around the park area. I’m pretty sure the dog could have easily logged 2-3 times that much. He wasn’t too bad on the leash or to run with.

--Came home and we helped Iowa load hay bales. Sarge was in and out of the bed of the pick up. He loves jumping in that too. After we were down he took a leap at the truck window and nearly made it inside. :shocker!::laugh: His vertical jump has to be 2-3 feet.

--We have a lady coming to look at all the large square bales of alfalfa and the round bales of hay today. She asked if we would deliver. Since all the alfalfa is already on the trailer it wouldn’t be that bad to do that for her. Plus, it’s $1150 worth of hay so that would be nice to get that money. :cool: Nice to get all of that out of our way too. If not, we’re going to have to clear out a place where the tractors and hay balers are to store the alfalfa.

--Picked a big tote of corn leaves for a friend of Ana’s. She makes tamales and I guess wrapping them in fresh corn leaves is quite the delicacy. Good use of the entire plant!

--Made some pickles and relish this weekend. I’m good with one more batch of pickles but then I think we have all we are going to need. Going to drop a bag of cucumbers off to the older fella in town that lived down the road from me. He does a lot of canning so I bet he’d put them to good use.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-31 6:45 AM
Does it fall asleep because you are on it or is something else going on?

Love hearing about Sarge:grin:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-31 7:19 AM
I think it’s due to overuse. Weed eating and using my hand held trimmer kills my hand. I also made relish this weekend so I had a lot of chopping up of cucumbers and onions. It doesn’t bother me at work and usually once I am up and moving around it doesn’t give me so much trouble.

The latest Sarge has going on is that he hops up into the Coleman camp chair we have sitting in front of the shop and curls up and goes to sleep. I’ll have to post a pic of him on FB. :hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-31 7:29 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-31 12:15 PM
do you pick all of the corn by hand?

maybe you need to run another marathon just for Sarge :laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-31 1:27 PM
Iowa picks all of the corn. :blush: And, yes, it is done by hand. He bought an old corn picker (off of an 85 year old man) for his field corn. The guy was really excited that is was actually going to be used and not go toward scrap metal.

Uhh, maybe YOU should run a marathon with Sarge. I’ll let you borrow him. : pbbt:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-31 1:28 PM
Running? What's that?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-31 7:20 PM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-31 7:00 AM
My baby is all grown up!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: Hehe JK. : pbbt:: pbbt:

Kids are off and in school! Ripley is in 3rd and Tj is in Kindergarten. Ripley was up all night with nightmares and looked like a zombie this morning. Tj was on FIRE this morning ready to go! So much for nerves:laugh:

Gold star for me today - sent lunches with kids so i don't have to pay for them. Yeah pb&j, apples, raisins, turkey and animal crackers. And apples for snack time. Gotta get more fruit to send with them. And tin foil to keep quesadillas warm for tj. He doesn't like them cold but I think that would be a good alternative for him. I don't really like them to eat a ton of pj&j.

Kick ass save yesterday but I feel like it rolled my foot in on itself, vertically. As in length-wise. The whole left side of my foot hurts. :cry:

House is clean:cool:

Consignment sale in 2 weeks. So that is all I'll be doing this week:roll:

I have my own soccer tournament this weekend. :cool:

Hoping to hear when my refi closing will be by the end of the week.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-31 7:19 AM
I can’t believe your kids started school today. Nice for mom though. :wink:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-31 7:30 AM
Yeah. Time just got really busy again. With this week on extra hard with 4 soccer practices for Ripley.:shocker!:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-31 9:04 AM
4 practices???
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-31 9:18 AM
Yes, Tuesday through Friday (may drop a night) 6 to 7:30.

It is the 'camp' to get the girls together as a team. Then next week it goes to the normal 2 nights a week. They have a tournament in 3 weeks.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-31 10:11 AM
oh ok I was thinking 4 nights a week every week
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-31 11:16 AM
No. I wouldn't have signed up for that. :shocker!:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-31 12:16 PM
yea for earning a gold star :laugh::laugh:

consignment time again? Seems like you just had one but I guess it is the start of fall sales soon. I think my favorite one nearby is the end of next week.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-31 12:59 PM
:laugh: Yup. Twice a year. Feb/March and August.

Thankfully because my kids are out of shoes and I'm too broke to buy them new unless I can't find anything good at the sale. But I usually do. The only shoes the kids get new are usually cleats and running shoes.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-31 1:04 PM
funny that you say you buy cleats new because I see them for sale on my local FB group all the time and I've always thought that I'll buy them off there when he is younger for sure.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-31 1:48 PM
Well, the cleats thing is usually a timing thing. We used to buy them at the sales, but lately they have been outgrowing them at inconvenient times. So sales aren't an option. :roll:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-31 8:19 AM
I have some sort of combo migraine and possible sinus infection. At first it was just bad headache Sat/Sun so I thought migraine, but then my entire face and ears started hurting so I am wondering if it is a sinus infection instead (I had a cold last weekend so maybe it is the lasting affects).

Got the last of my client filings done - today was the deadline and I barely made it. Now to twiddle my thumbs a bit while also catching up on the stuff I neglected the last 2 months.

Got to see my best friend and her son Friday and Sunday which was great. E is such an awesome little man now

Family reunion went as well as can be Saturday - and B actually slept in the car on the way down and back which was good. I was scared bc he likes to scream in the car nowadays. The reunion is weird bc it is M's mom's 1st cousins and their families - so we are the outsider family and he doesn't really keep up with anyone so we see them 1x per year and don't really know anything. Some of them didn't even know we had a baby since he's not fb friends with them. It was fine though

4 year work anniversary - I can believe I've already been here this long. Barring any unforeseen changes I see this as being my job I stay at the longest (made it almost 5 years with my last job).
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-31 8:36 AM
Yikes on the migraine/sinus pain! I hope that clears up ASAP.

How is your mom doing?

Congrats on your work anniversary!:cool:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-31 8:52 AM
Do you see yourself seeking a different job down the road?
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-31 9:06 AM
As long as things stay the same as they are, I see myself staying here. I like the work I do and the company for the most part and I like the flexibility it affords. Assuming health care doesn't drastically change and my work becomes obsolete I think I'd like to stay in this industry.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Make my hand wake up Monday RTTs