Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / The 31st of July
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-31 3:32 AM
Last day of the month so run what you need to meet your monthly goal.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-31 3:34 AM
I woke up a bit earlier than planned so my run was in the dark. Just 1.28 because my back is stiff from yesterday's drive but it was fast enough to get me all the way awake.

Guess I'll clean up, grab a bite to eat, and head back to WV.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-31 3:39 AM
My Weather Bug app says my current location is Arita, Japan and it is 89°. I'm sure glad that's not true. It would have meant I had a very strange night and don't remember any of it.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-31 5:51 AM
:laugh:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-31 5:53 AM
I need 4.5 to end the month.   Coffee Klatch/Volunteer time at Happy Tails first.   I'll check back later.   Safe travels Dave.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-31 9:35 AM
3.5 miles pw plus my ab/core video.

It is overcast so I am hoping that the promised rain materializes!

Have a marvelous Monday!

QOTD - n/a
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-07-31 10:15 AM
It's gorgeous here. Had an okay run. Walked along the cliffs to a tiny cove with lots of seaglass. Scored a big haul but the tide made the climb back "interesting'. :laugh: I'm getting ready to swim so I can take advantage of the incoming tide.

:grin:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-31 1:20 PM Edited 2017-07-31 1:22 PM
1800 miles down (900 to Atlanta & back, and 900 to Michigan and back).  2300 to go.  It sounds selfish, but I sure hope Cindy's mom stabilizes so Cindy can help with the driving or I am going to be struggling to make it.  Although I guess I can split the Tallahassee trip up and not do it in one day down and one day back. 

The kid needs to be picked up in Michigan next Monday, and then we need to get her home (Tallahassee) in time for school the week after that.

There is a possibility that the Michigan grandparents may be willing to drive further in our direction and save us some miles.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-31 1:33 PM
That is a lot of driving!    Hoping for the best with Cindy's Mom.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-31 1:26 PM
Got my run done.  Whew, it's hot at 1pm!   Life got in the way so I got a late start.  I was able to be in the shade for 80% of the run which sure helped.  it's about 83 but humid.  Glad it's over.

Lisa and Jacob close on their first ever house this week.  She broke her clavicle long boarding on the weekend.   Suppose she did it on purpose to get out of packing?:laugh:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-31 1:32 PM
Sorry to hear about Lisa's injury but how exciting about closing on their first house!  Is long boarding like skate boarding?
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-31 2:22 PM
yes, but evidently long boards are cooler.:wink:
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-07-31 5:09 PM
Congrats to Lisa and Jacob!  Hope Lisa heals quick.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-07-31 5:07 PM
I ran 10 miles this morning, but I don't set specific mileage goals for the month.  I try to get a minimum weekly goal.

I was in Asheville, NC the first half of last week for a teacher conference.  It was worthwhile,  I didn't get to explore a lot of Asheville, but the weather was not nearly as humid as home.  It's a nice city with lots of trails.  Maybe someday I can go back for relaxation and not business.

Teachers report to work tomorrow for a professional development.  Students start August 9.  Let the fun begin again!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-31 7:06 PM
wow, that was a quick summer break!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / The 31st of July