Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wild weekend rr/nrr
- - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-07-29 1:35 PM
What's up in your weekend?
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2017-07-29 5:03 PM
So where is PC? Did I miss something? Hope everything is OK!
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-07-30 7:17 AM
I think she tends to be offline a good bit in the summertime.  She's still posting on the weekly mileage thread over on L&O, so I think she's doing ok.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-30 2:24 PM
Good to hear. I miss PC. Thanks for the reassurance. :happy:
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2017-07-31 1:08 PM
OK, good. Thanks!
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-30 7:27 PM
T-bone and I are packing for the trip to the smiting war, and to the wedding. It's been a busy weekend, and yet we have have time to go out last night for drinks and dinner with friends. Today has been busy, but I have been reflecting on where I was at this time last year, and the year before that, and the year before that...it's been a turbulent 3-4 years for me, with lots of changes. Lots of things lost and gained. It's been wild. And yet it is turning out okay. Better than okay. I hoped it might. And here we are.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-07-30 7:45 PM
I hope this will be the start of a much less turbulent period of time your life. :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-08-02 5:21 AM
You deserve a break.:hug:
RR
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-07-29 1:39 PM
1.2 mile swim. Water was about 54. Sunny. Warm. There were outrigger canoe races going on. And the tide was in and water clear.  Perfect day for a swim.  I've been trying to add in more freestyle and on the way out in calm water I did. I was easily able to keep up with my friends, which was fun. On the way back the chop was up and I had to do breast, so they dropped me.

One of the gang was back from his English Channel attempt.  The weather got the best of him and he was pulled after 7 hours. He was in great spirits about it and very reflective. It was cool to hear his stories.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-30 6:52 AM
Great work on the swim! :grin:
An English Channel attempt? Wow! How neat for him to be sharing that. :cool::grin:
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-07-30 6:52 AM
Struggled through my 15 mile run yesterday morning. I had planned to run Friday morning with 2 friends and somehow 2 or the 3 of us overslept:cry: I had to push to Saturday since I couldn't convince O to bike half with me after DH left for work. Spent Friday at the beach in the sun, didn't drink enough water, ate poorly and had a couple glasses of wine that night. Run was sluggish and I had a weird achy pain that almost felt similar to when I was pregnant with pubic symphysis diastasis:wtf: Pain was pretty much gone by 10 miles and nothing when not running and no pain on my Friday hills. I took the dogs for my first 5 then ran alone but saw a few friends out there.

4 miles planned for today and some yoga.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-07-30 7:20 AM
I had a decent run.  The humidity was below 75% this morning :shocker!: and there was a bit of a breeze, so it was actually halfway pleasant out.  I was really tired, but kinda perked up on the last half of the run and ended up with a not-terrible 12.2 miles.
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-07-30 10:39 AM
4 miles yesterday and 8.5 miles this morning. That would be the longest I've run since...actually I don't know since when, but since before I got a Garmin so I'd say it's been at least 10 years :shocker!:

And every muscle in my body is feeling it. My own fault for getting right back into the plan after a week of nothing (although x-training in fairness) and then Tues & Wed off due to knee pain.  Said knee complained in increasing volume from mile 4 onwards, but it's done and I had a long soak in the hot tub after cooling down to help with soreness. Now to ice and apply diclofenac.

Studying the rest of the day - I have 2 x 3000 word essays to write by Sep 8th and have exactly 342 words so far :cry:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-30 4:30 PM
Nothing at all yesterday except 600 miles of driving a bug collection masquerading as a Penske truck. 4 miles this morning.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-07-31 4:50 AM
That does NOT sound good. The bug collection part not the 4 miles.
NRR
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-07-29 1:40 PM
I had a dream last night that my mentor found this website and was talking to me about what i post! In my dream she was a runner, which is so far from reality!
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-07-30 7:03 AM
I dreamed I was testing ice cream sodas. One was a greyish pepto bismol pink, the other was a taupe with purple swirls. And I only had a Fudgsicle before bed. :laugh:
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-07-30 10:40 AM
I think your subconscious is telling you to go shopping today...although I'd steer clear of pepto bismol pink ice cream personally : pbbt:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-07-29 9:20 PM
I am so tired.  My grandmother's 90th birthday party was this afternoon.  Technically the party lasted two hours, but I was gone from the house for 8 hours...  Way too much leftover food, but the party was quite a success and my grandmother seemed to really enjoy it.  I'm supposed to do a long(ish) run tomorrow then go to a baby shower tomorrow afternoon.  I want to go to the shower, but I am so freaking tired of socializing.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-30 6:55 AM
I'm sure your GM really enjoyed it a lot. :hug: I'm convinced that socializing is harder than most runs. : pbbt:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-30 12:25 AM
Made it back safely with DD, her cat, and all her belongings. The truck will be unloaded tomorrow and returned to the rental place. 8 days, 3,000 miles, 8 states, 2 national parks, 1 national monument, gawdonlyknowshowmany Costco gas stations. Short runs most mornings but that's all. Wiped.Out.Completely.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-07-30 6:54 AM
We have missed you and what a huge trip. If that isn't cross training, I'd be shocked. :hug::hug::hug:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-30 4:30 PM
Not much, we did a little walking around but no serious hiking. Difficult when you have a cat in tow.
Parent - - By runnertype [us] Date 2017-07-30 11:05 AM
Wow! I bet it's good to be home. :hug:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-30 4:31 PM
Oh yes it is. Although home looks like the "before" shots of a show about hoarders. Boxes everywhere.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-30 7:21 PM
Wow. What a journey. Welcome home!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-30 10:11 PM
Thanks!
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wild weekend rr/nrr