Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Weekend daily
- - By indie [us] Date 2017-07-29 9:55 AM
Good morning/almost noon folks.

How's summer treating you so far?  Post your run/rest report.

Blather, weekend plans.

What upcoming races do you have?
Parent - - By indie [us] Date 2017-07-29 10:01 AM
Summer has not been too bad this year. But we still have all of August to go. Anyway, today was cloudy in part and a nice breeze. So I foolishly stepped out at 9 to run 6 miles. :roll: It was okay. I am really really far from where I was. I don't have anymore of the crushing fatigue but something still feels a bit off. 

I have to work this weekend.But also have a massage appointment to make up for it. :p

Have HtC up next. Really looking forward to it.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-07-29 12:35 PM
I hear you on being really really far from where you were... my whole year has been that way. Could be worse. We are still plugging away, right?!

Are the WIMPS doing HTC or is it another team?
Parent - - By indie [us] Date 2017-07-29 4:02 PM
Yes, WIMPs west coasting this year. :grin:
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-07-29 5:17 PM
Are the WIMPS doubling...HTC & RtB or just doing HTC?

Several peeps in my running club are discussing doing RtB 2018.  If that happens, I may tag along as a designated van driver.
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2017-07-29 9:00 PM
Just one.

That would be fun to be the driver.
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2017-07-31 11:03 AM
Yeah. It's so weird being this off. Usually I am at some sort of peak this time of year and looking forward to some favorite races. Everything just seems so off. Though I try to be grateful for everything when so many have it worse, it's hard not to feel bummed about how things are right now..:hug::hug:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-07-29 4:17 PM
i hope things settle for you. stress from work surely isn't helping. :meh:

HTC!  :grin:
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-07-29 12:34 PM
Summer is flying by which makes me slightly sad. I sort of like summer up in our neck of the woods.

I guess 7 miles today at Nolde Forest today with the Lady on a pleasant almost fall like day. Low to mid 70's at most. Sort of an awful run, but I guess that's what happens when you have a meniscus tear. Knee was all whonky today so it was a jog at best, a slog or hike at worst. Nice day though.

I've been having some wild nutty running dreams this week. The typical stuff, but last night's took the cake. Out on a trail somewhere nearby, sort of an urban trail but single or double track with some steep hills. Spied a biker behind me but as I was climbing up this hill he dropped back and wasn't catching me. Then I came upon a trail juncture. I followed some sort of blue arrows and ended up in a long hallway, that ended in a wide open area, sort of like a lobby. More blue arrows pointed to the left. I was puzzled about the route and a receptionist told him it was the right way to go. I ended up inside a hospital, either in an operating room or recovery area. There were bed and typical hospital stuff strewn about, plus some nurses or practitioners. I asked them surely this is not the way the trail goes as why would they want a sweaty trail runners to run through the OR. They told me it was fine, that I was going the right way. I think I made it through there and ended up back at the junction I was at earlier but the last part is kind of fuzzy. Guess I will stick with the plan and have the scope of Aug 10.

No races on tap here.
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2017-07-29 4:05 PM
I know what you mean, I like the long days of summer, just y'know 20 degrees cooler would be nice. :laugh:

Weird dream but makes sense with your knee stuff.
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-07-29 4:15 PM
that is quite a dream.  sorry about the wonkiness of the knee. i'd be itching for august 10th to be closer once i'd made the decision.
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-07-29 4:14 PM Edited 2017-07-29 4:16 PM
Summer has been just fine here. we've had some heat but nothing too bad. It is supposed to hit 90 next week on the day we'd planned to go blueberry picking with two 80 year olds (my mom and DH's mom). :roll::shocker!::laugh:  I think we'll still go but just keep it short which is the plan usually anyway. Usually late july/early august is when we have hottest temps in the 90s but it won't last long. the light is already changing quickly in the morning and evening. 

Ran 8 this morning with the group. We were out at a trailhead and did a very nice 6 mile loop. 4 miles downhill then 1 mile uphill making it all up and one flat mile. I was able to run the entire uphill. :grin: Ran the 6 mile loop with a new person in the group. we are pretty well matched for pace but i dropped her on the hill (but circled back to pick her up..). It was nice to have company. I added on so i could just do a shorter run tomorrow if i feel like it. My plan after ragnar was just to relax a bit and not run very much but try and do more cross training/strength stuff. I have to keep reminding myself not to try and work in longer runs. :grin:

laundry and some de-cluttering is in process. I'm on here so i can avoid doing any work. :roll::blush:

We are grilling hamburgers this evening. First time this year so it must be summer! :grin:

i'm doing a 4 mile race next weekend. I hope to do a shorter race on trails at the end of august and probably a 5k or two. Nothing longer. When we were desperately needing runners for ragnar i ended up pulling a gal and her friend off of the ragnar facebook website who was looking for a team. the friend ended up pulling off but the gal was a great fit! And she is doing a ragnar hawaii team at the end of November. Dh and I have never been to hawaii and well, it just seemed like the perfect fit. So ragnar hawaii in november!  It's a road one.
Parent - - By indie [us] Date 2017-07-29 4:17 PM
Ooooh. That sounds amazing. Which island?
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-07-29 8:22 PM
big island. :grin:
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-07-29 5:28 PM
It's summer?  :laugh:

I took today as an SDO.  Planning to swim tomorrow morning.

Cool & rainy morning here today...as XT said, almost fall-like.  I "wasted" time this morning surfing an indoor cycling instructor web site/blog looking for new to me spinning music.  Picked up 12 or 13 songs.  Then designed my class for Wed/Thurs next week.

Our neighborhood swim club, which is about 200 yards beyond my back fence, hosted the :Cherry Bowl" (for Cherry Hill Twp.) end of season swim meet.  Swimmers from 13 clubs.  There were an enormous amount of cars parked on our street but otherwise NBD.  Those are all gone but now the folks next door are having a "better late than never" (since graduation was in May) college graduation party for their daughter.  So, a more localized enormous amount of cars parked nearby :laugh: 

I am currently not entered in any race but may do one more Triathlon/Aquabike category in 3 weeks...we'll see.
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2017-07-29 9:02 PM
Ha, looking at next week's temps I might ask the same question. :grin: I hope anyway. :roll:
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-07-30 2:30 PM
Eh, summer has had some high points and some low points. Running has not had any of either, I'm just starting to feel even slightly recovered from the 100 at the end of April, and am hoping I can get some spring back in my legs while simultaneously training for NYCM. The high point so far was seeing Isabella do so well in Savannah at her summer art school program, she really took off there, and it looks like she'll be happy there as a college student next year. The low point so far has been discovering how much money it will cost us to get our house on the market in March or April. There's almost certainly an oil tank that hasn't been used for 50 years or so, buried somewhere under the house. Removing that, and the ancient electric wiring in the house, is going to put a real dent in our savings.:sad:

14 pretty nice miles this morning, low humidity and nice and cool out.:happy: I ran with a friend at Saddle River Park, my friend thought she saw Beastie Girl on a bike, but I think Martha ran this morning? Anyway, nice run, coffee after, and now I'm cleaning up for my friend from the Netherlands who arrives tomorrow.

Bonus: Next race is a 5K on Labor Day, but I'm running a long training run put on by NYRR in Central Park on Saturday, August 12 (Roger, your get together is Sunday, right?)
Parent - By Limoboss Date 2017-07-30 4:40 PM
I almost went to Saddle River County Park for my 18 miles this morning but opted for the streets of Mahwah and Ramsey instead. Delightful weather this morning. What a difference from last Sunday's miserable humidity.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-07-31 8:58 AM
I was running, and I think I saw you and Jackie! But there were too many other people there so I didn't get a chance to say hi out loud. I said hi in my head! :laugh:
Parent - By Limoboss Date 2017-07-30 4:46 PM
Summer has sort of sucked so far but won't get into that.:roll:

Friday was 7 miles with the final mile in 5:43.
Saturday was an easy 8 miles,
This morning was 18 miles at 7:50 pace, starting to get some fitness back.

Leaning towards a half marathon on September 10th but maybe something shorter before that as well.
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Weekend daily