Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Freetime Freedom Fridays! RTTs
- - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-28 5:56 AM
Missed ya!
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-28 6:15 AM
*Joseph jumped into a pool expecting it to be a lot deeper than it was and hurt his ankle.  Of course he marched on it yesterday and then it swelled up like a softball.  :cry:  I'm hoping if he can get through today, resting, icing and elevating all weekend will heal it.  Otherwise we will be going to the doctor on Monday.

*I'm exhausted this week.  Marie has closed at Wendy's too many days and I just can't sleep when the kids aren't home.  I don't know how to get past that.  5 a.m. comes stupid early when you are up on and off until almost 2.  :cry:

*We saw Survivor and Loverboy on Wednesday.  That was a good concert, especially for free.  :grin:  It was a free grandstand at a fair.  It's not like you want to be close enough to see what time has done to the older bands anyway.  :wink::laugh:

*Anthony comes home a week from Sunday.  :grin:  He's home a week and then goes back Nashville for his last year.  :shocker!:

*I need to plan a back to school shopping trip for the kids.  If I can ever get them all home at the same time.  :laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-28 6:21 AM
Last year of college? Already?????? :shocker!:

Hope Joseph's ankle settles down this weekend. :sad:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-28 6:22 AM
Geez,  I can’t believe Anthony is in his last year! :shocker!:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-28 6:30 AM
Anthony is in his last year?:shocker!::shocker!: Wow!

Pools are dangerous for so many reasons....I hope he can continue marching.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-28 6:43 AM
--Iowa has a meeting with asshole boss #2 this morning. :roll: I wrote everything down on paper breaking down their offer at the beginning of harvest hour for hour and dollar for dollar. Either give him the time off or pay him the O/T. :mutmad:

--This company has lost 75% of its original staff. That’s not saying much when they’ve only been in operation for 2 1/2 years. Iowa is one of three guys remaining. Boss #1 is one of those three so that only leaves one other “worker”. And, the thing is, most of the positions they aren’t replacing or filling with candidates who don’t possess the skills and qualifications that the previous employees did. No one who is qualified is going to put up with the BS and accept the pay that they offer. End of story.

--My sister’s kids are in NC with their dad and step mom and my sister is off to Hawaii with a German guy. He’s a retired (yea, retired at 51...must be nice) scientist who came over here to work for Google. Sounds like she’s doing okay. :wink:

--We ordered an antenna from Amazon. It’s actually pretty big. It goes on the outside of the house/building. We’re just using those cheapy ones you stick in the window now and are able to pick up 3 channels. Hopefully this will get us 6-8 more and that will be sufficient. Neither of us care to have cable.

--Still just getting by with my hotspot for purposes of internet. We’ll eventually get something permanent but this is working good enough for now. We just can’t stream movies but it’s not like we’re watching anything right now anyway. Might as well save that expense every month for as long as we can.

--Got my last electric bill at the house! Woo Hoo! One less relationship with that crummy utility company.

--I made a double batch of banana bread because we had a big bunch of bananas getting way too ripe too fast. Put some of it in the freezer and gave a mini loaf to the older man that lives across from us. :happy:

--I put my scale in the garage sale pile but I’m pretty sure I’ve been dropping some weight. I can tell by how my clothes sit and I even had some make a comment yesterday. I honestly think 100% of it is due to getting my hormones leveled out. I am feeling so much better too.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-28 6:51 AM
Hope Randy gets things settled with the boss!
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-28 6:58 AM
Good luck with the boss!

Randy? Whatever. His name is Iowa!:mutmad:  Forum names are so much better: pbbt:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-28 7:01 AM
:laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-28 7:12 AM
Seriously if we ever met I'd have the freaking hardest time calling him by his real name:laugh:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-28 8:51 AM
I hope Iowa is able to get compensation for all those hours. What a crappy company.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-28 9:11 AM
Sounds like she is doing ok!  So the dad remarried, and is actually taking care of the kids? wow!

Clothes fitting differently is a better predictor for me on weight loss, and less stressful (well as long as the clothes got looser, not tighter)
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-28 9:59 AM
Yes, he got remarried. He has always been good to take the kids to NC in the summer and visit his side of the family. And, he does see them regularly (every other weekend and on Wednesdays) so that’s good. How interactive he is with them remains to be told and I think he spends as little money on them as he has to. One time he told Willow to bring some shampoo with her next time she came to visit. My sister nipped that and told her to have her dad take her to Target and get whatever the kids needed for his house. :laugh: He still needs a little direction. Hopefully his new wife will help. The girls aren’t crazy about her but I’m sure that is just as much of them being bitchy, impossible teenagers as it is with her. No matter how nice the step mom is and how good she is with the kids will likely make no difference to the girls. That’s just how girls are with step moms. I don’t envy the woman at all. I’ve been there. It was nearly the death of me.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-28 10:59 AM
oh that's good, I didn't realize he was that involved, so that is good
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-28 7:38 AM
Poor Joseph, that sounds painful especially marching on it. That would suck if he ends up needing a boot

Is Marie feeling ok about going back to school?
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-28 3:42 PM
I think so. She's working so much I hardly see her. I've already decided if she gets homesick this year I will just recommend that she work more. :laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-31 8:08 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-28 6:28 AM
Hi!

I had a lovely day off yesterday. We slept in. Took the kids to school. Ripley has class with her two bffs (so sorry to the teacher:laugh:). She gets to play on the big playground this year. Tj got to meet his teacher and see his room. He loved it but was super shy. I know he was nervous. Bought both yearbooks and school shirts and class shirts:roll: Bye $114 bucks.

Took the kids to the Bodies Exhibit afterwards. It was cool but way smaller than the original traveling exhibit. I think it took barely an hour. Glad I got the tix on Groupon. Then we had lunch and played road chess at a walkon chessboard.

Got home at 230 and took a nap:cool::cool: Took the kids for ice cream and then basically bedtime.

This morning Tj got to ride the bus with poppy in the K-1 trial bus ride. :happy: School starts monday:cool:

Ripped off my acrylic nails last night so I could type again. Freaking nails were so long and I'll not have the money to continue doing them once a month so........RIP! I even filed and buffed and painted them! That won't last long though. Next week they will be unpainted and unfiled. Whatever. At least I can type better now.

One more week until Dark Tower movie:cool::cool:

Six more weeks until IT:shocker!::shocker!::shocker!:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-28 6:38 AM
Can't believe it's school time already, right?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-28 6:46 AM
Yeah I know. AND Academy soccer starts next week with 4 nights of 'camp'. Three weeks earlier than the usual rec soccer league.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-28 6:46 AM
Did the kids enjoy the exhibit?

Three days after getting a pedicure (and that was way overdue because I had lost my big toenail) and then I stumbled on some rocks and chipped the paint off of one of them. :roll: Why do I even try? :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-28 6:55 AM
Ripley loved it. Tj was freaked out. But thought all the blood vessels were super cool. But anything that looked like a person (especially with the creepy eyes they put in them) made him a bit wary.

The fetus section was separated and we didn't take Tj in, but again, Ripley was fascinated by the development you could see in each week.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-28 7:39 AM
Yea for Groupon, always stinks when something like that doesn't take very long or quite seem worth it.

I've always wondered how people can afford to get their nails done all the time

What is Dark Tower? I assume part of a series?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-28 10:29 AM
Pre-kids I did my nails once a month. No question about the $.

I started again last May going once a month and it wasn't a problem. But with my CS and mortgage differences there is zero extra money. I hope to close in 2 weeks and get back to putting money aside and paying down my credit card again.:cry: If all works out, I should be able to do my nails again but I'll probably just stick to random pedicures. That is my favorite part and it is cheaper than doing both. I don't feel bad about spending on that as it is really the only 'extra' i do for myself.

Stephen King's Dark Tower series Movie #1. I've only read the first book but the movie looks like it should be good!
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-28 6:48 AM
~Need some fundraising ideas for the XC team. Not necessarily during season, anytime is fine.

~I want to put on 2 different marathons:
A marathon inside our REC center on the indoor track. 11 laps per mile  :)
A marathon on the warning track of our local summer team ball field. 177 laps for a marathon  :)

Anybody game to run either?

~Hoping to try out the new Kayaks tomorrow  :grin:

~Took Monday off cuz XC practice starts!!! At midnight! :cool::cool::cool: (AD admitted to me yesterday he thinks it's cooler than shit)

~He thinks we run one of the best programs at the school, second only to volleyball.

~My God this is my 10th year coaching. Maybe it's time to retire....
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-28 6:56 AM
Don't retire - you obviously love it.....at least parts of it: pbbt: Too bad you can't retire from the radio:sad:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-28 7:07 AM
Dessert auction.

You could have several different samples of desserts, coffee, tea, juice, etc. We actually offered wine at ours. :wink: Charge a fee to get in to the event and then have a big dessert auction at the end. It kind of gets to be a little bit of a competition between the people making the desserts to donate (who can make the best and the fanciest!) and also a competition when they auction them off between people trying to impress and out bid one another. Get a good MC, like a radio DJ for example, to host the event. : pbbt::wink:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-28 7:10 AM
I like that
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-28 7:08 AM
I might do the outdoor marathon.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-28 7:18 AM
:grin:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-28 7:40 AM
Yikes those marathons sound, uhh, dizzying. I thought my 12 loop one or whatever it was was bad enough :laugh:

How do the kids feel about midnight practice?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-28 8:14 AM
I’ve run 26.2 miles back and forth 12-20 times three days in a row. I can do it. :laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-28 8:25 AM
They seem to really dig the idea. We'll see though, when they have to actually show up
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Freetime Freedom Fridays! RTTs