Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / The 28th of July
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-28 5:47 AM
Bill Rodgers and Joan Benoit Samuelson are here.  Let Bix weekend begin!

The Bix 7 is Saturday morning.  Bill Rodgers has run it every year since 1980.  Joan holds the title for most wins.

QOTD - what well-known-runners have your run with?
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-28 5:48 AM
Last night was the Brady street sprints where the high school kids run their legs off up the notorious hill.   I believe the kid's runs are tonight.   60 degrees at race time tomorrow.  It's going to be a perfect weekend.   Sad that I'm only a spectator this year.

I can either do lower body strength or a run today and the other tomorrow.  Haven't decided yet.  Need more coffee.

QOTD- Bill Rodgers, Joan Benoit, and Meb.   All at Bix.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-28 6:34 AM
Oh how exciting!

QOTD - none
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-28 7:47 AM
Hello Luv

Running the Dawn 10k at lunch time.

QOTD-whoever famous ran Boston this year. And in the late 70's I ran the 10k that Jimmy Carter collapsed during. I remember running past him and he was on the ground with secret service dudes around him.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-28 7:50 AM
Bill Rodgers beat me a few times in the Union Carbide 10k back in the 80's.  There were probably some famous runners in the Chicago Marathon in 2002 when I was there but I don't remember who.

I hit the gym for 30 minutes on the ARC trainer this morning.  I bumped the level up a notch and really worked up a sweat.  After 2 days of being up late with the kid I got to get some sleep last night.

The kid's ear still hurts when the ibuprofen wears off.  Not sure what the status will be of her Michigan trip.  Mother-in-law had to go to the emergency room yesterday and now Cindy didn't sleep and is exhausted.  I had to take the day off work to take care of things.  Cindy was supposed to take the kid to Michigan tomorrow and stay up there for a week.  I was looking forward to a week of the place by myself.  Now it is looking like I will have to make the Michigan trip, come back to work, and then make it again to pick her up.  Not what I was hoping for but I'll just go with the flow.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-07-28 1:43 PM
Wow! That's a lotta driving. When the kids and I went on road trips I would get a hotel with a pool and wear them out so we could sleep well and get back on the road early. Having a breakfast included made it much easier, too. Hope the Kid is feeling better soon.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-07-28 9:58 AM
Happy weekend.  Really sluggish run -walk today.  Feet were saying enough enough.  But tomorrow they get to drive 11 hours to NC.    Been quite a week if you managed to catch the Facebook adventures.   Yesterday was Valley Forge.  Was a great inspirational trip listening to park rangers and re-enactors.  No George Washington however. 

Saturday is departure day.  I will stay down there through Wed and train back home. 

QOTD: Have run with a bunch of well known people.....Mike, Rob, Jen, Deb, Dottie, Ron,......:cool::cool::cool:.

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-28 11:43 AM
best answer!
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-07-28 1:35 PM
:hug:
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-07-28 1:41 PM Edited 2017-07-28 1:46 PM
Working and sleeping. Its 78 degrees but all last night and all day I've my fan in the window blowing out and a fan in the apartment blowing on me while I slept And it feels quite cool in here. No AC. But when the hot weather comes in this week at least I'll be on the island. Work was crazy busy last night and since we keep the same pt group it's probably going to be busy tonight. Makes the night go by quickly. At 1000 I was woken up from a pretty sound sleep by my smoke detector. Happily I was able to get right back to sleep.

No running today. Sunday will be my next run.

:grin:

Edit yo add: Bill Rogers ran the Boilermaker the year I ran it and signed my bib. He's very friendly and down to earth.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / The 28th of July