Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Fun Friday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-07-28 5:37 AM
Hope you are having fun. Friday should be good simply because it is not Monday. :grin:
Post.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-28 5:42 AM
Thursday I successfully ran 75 minutes without ice kerchief. I’ve lightened up my runs and mileage for recovery, but now feel like doing something challenging again. It was a little cooler when I started out so I ran the trail out to the Evil Hill and did it 4 times. I’ve had a small niggle in my right quad/hip abductor so I wanted to watch for that when doing that particular hill. I do a little hill work every day, but small hills. I suspect that the niggle originated from going DOWN the big hill, not UP. My legs like going up hills but never especially liked going down even though I go much slower being more “old lady safe”.
Today I’m out on the trail if it doesn’t thunder. I want Fall to come.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-07-28 6:22 AM
I ran again today, up to 4 days a week now, and doing yoga about 4 times a week now too. Don't do as much weights as I used to, I probabaly still need to lift 2x a week still however. Doing a 5k on September 9th to fund the Childrens Cancer Center here in town.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-07-28 9:48 AM
Woke up early this morning so went to the pool. 50 min swim. Alternated 300 breast 300 pull until I was out of time
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-07-28 10:29 AM
Like reebs, I also swam. 3100 yards in 61 minutes. It included 400 kicking and a bunch of descends of 3 of 300, 200 and 100's. I nailed the descends : pbbt: The descends were NOT the distances but 3x300 descend. However my back is really achy now :meh:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-28 11:12 AM
SDO today. I had a terrific run yesterday on the TM. All I am going to do today is some specific leg PT. I am making more of an effort to stretch, including my psoas, so it doesn't kink up again.
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-07-28 11:26 AM
Hill training last night - the hill is steep and it was 28C so basically utterly miserable...but my knee didn't hurt at all so once I could breathe again (steam trains made less noise than me :roll:) I was really thrilled. Waiting to see how my weekend longer runs go but tentatively the half mary is still a goal
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-28 3:32 PM
Oh, lord...hot weather hill training. Good on you for doing it. And I am glad to hear your knee cooperated!
Parent - By spindrift [us] Date 2017-07-28 12:25 PM
Since I came out of lurking to post on NRR today I figured I should post a daily.  Although I'm STILL not running yet.  I hurt my knee in early November, and my brother set me up with a PT friend of his who is trained in FMS (Functional Movement Systems).  Since I've had various overuse injuries over several years, he thought I could use it.  So, I'm retraining some sleeping muscles, and fighting age, and it's taking forever!  An hour or so of exercises every day.  :shocker!: But, I can feel the benefits in so many ways, so I'm trusting the process and sticking with it.  I was almost ready to start really running and was doing some things most people would do as warm-ups (skipping, sideways running, karaoke) and some short pickups.  Two weeks ago I slipped on wet grass and pushed off my right foot when it was out of position.  Felt a pull in my AT and calf and figured I was done for months and back to square one.  :sad:  But, no!  I'm stronger now and it has healed very quickly.  With the help of a PT visit, massage, tape, stretching, etc.  So it was a small set-back, but I'll survive.  Can't wait to start posting real runs on here again.  Someday.
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-07-28 3:11 PM
Rode my bike to work, 4.5 miles.  Heading to change to ride home.  I'm so freaking tired, this is gonna be a slog.  This is the first time today I've sat at my desk.  Yawn.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Fun Friday dailies