Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / The 27th of July
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-27 7:08 AM
for some reason all I can come up with Hot August Night by Neil Diamond today.  And it's only July!  so much for trying to have a catchy phrase in the daily.

Talk to me.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-27 7:10 AM
It's hot and humid.  We've had way too much rain.  I need to mow.  The grass needs to dry first.  My surprise lilies are up.  I'm eating an oatmeal cookie.  It's yoga day.

discuss.

:laugh:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-27 7:16 AM
Good morning!

It will be a scorcher here and the coming days.  Forecast calls for temps up to 105!  Man oh man.

I am going to book club this morning and then we are may try the new food court at the Pearl.  http://www.mysanantonio.com/food/restaurants/article/First-look-at-San-Antonio-s-new-food-hall-The-11315724.php

In the meantime, I better get going -- it is after 8:00.

Be back later.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-27 7:50 AM
If I toured the Pearl Brewery in 1980, is this the same place?
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-27 8:12 AM
Yes
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-27 7:54 AM
Up late again with the kid.  No sense trying to workout while she is here so I didn't even try.  I keep busy enough without the extra effort.  Yesterday evening we raced back and forth in the pool.  She is still asleep....

On Saturday she heads to Michigan to visit her other grandparents so I will get a week to recover.  Cindy will drive her up and then stay up there and work at her old office for the week.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-27 8:04 AM
It is going to go from chaos to quiet real quick!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-27 8:29 AM
She woke up with a bad ear ache.  Swimmer's ear I presume.  I'm leaning toward going to the doctor instead trying to self treat because if she is sick she won't be able to go up North.  At least for not as long as planned.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-27 8:43 AM
ugh.:sad:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-27 9:15 AM
Cindy is friends with a doctor at church that works at MedExpress (Doc in a box).  She is on her way there now.  She seemed like she thought maybe I'd go too but I may as well get some work done while they sit around waiting their turn.  Anyway, last year when we broke the kid I took her to the emergency room.  (Cindy did meet me there later.)  At least this year we have the kid's insurance card.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-27 11:56 AM
She got some ear drops.

She came home and threw up in my bathroom.

Luckily, it is going to rain & storm today and tomorrow so we couldn't have gone to the pool anyway.  So she won't feel like she is missing out.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-27 9:42 AM
Last Wednesday (19th) I got pretty sick at Kings Island.  For 3 days I could only eat small portions of food at a time and I dropped 3 pounds.  For the next 5 days, even though I was feeling better, I kept up the small portions without too much struggle and I lost another 3 pounds.  I started thinking how easily I could drop 20-30 pounds and get down to a healthy BMI but today I can feel the old hunger to eat lots of junk coming back.  I am going to try and stay strong.

I have been hovering in the same 5 pound weight range for the last 3 years and I finally broke free.  Can't give up now...............
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-07-27 6:42 PM
Wow! I noticed the same thing being off work and not drinking DD iced coffee and less snacking. With all the family I was too busy. I lost 4 lbs in 9 days. So I gave my DD card to my favorite CNA and now the taste for snacks has abated.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / The 27th of July