Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wondering Wednesday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-07-26 5:57 AM
What are you wondering? :grin:
Post.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-26 5:58 AM
Tuesday’s run was in somewhat warmer but manageable temperature for 45 minutes out the trail. My run was almost 10 minutes faster! I felt like I could finally breathe! :grin:
A park worker was mowing and dislodged a hornet nest. The resulting problem was a hornet sting for a fellow runner. :sad:
Today I’m off to the trail. It is much cooler again. Yaaaaaay!
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-07-26 6:37 AM
I'm wondering how it is possible that the weather can continue to get more and more gross. :cry:  I mean, shouldn't maximum grossness be reached at some point?  It was warm and foggy with 100% humidity and not a breath of air stirring this morning. :meh:  I had planned on doing 5.4, but ended up doing 4.5 instead.

The circus (a.k.a. my nieces) is back.  They got in late last night and my other two sisters are coming in today, so I'm going to help A pack up her stuff then I'm headed to the airport to pick up surgeon sis.  I don't think I'll have any peace and quiet for a while. : pbbt:
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-07-26 7:26 AM
SDO today.  Had a work breakfast meeting this morning that I could have biked to (since the place is on my route), but there wouldn't have been enough time to shower and get to my 9:30am meeting.  So i swapped Friday and today. 

Yesterday we worked glutes.  My butt hurts this morning.  Who knew sitting on it all day wasn't good training?  :laugh:
Parent - - By BoredTemp [us] Date 2017-07-26 8:23 AM
I am wondering why I can't get off my tush and go running in the mornings.   I know it will make me feel better, but the bed is just so tempting....:blush:
Parent - By BoredTemp [us] Date 2017-07-26 6:03 PM
ok - I have indeed exercised today! 

3.1 on the treadmill.  Woo hoo!
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-07-26 8:25 AM
USDO last night - my knee was just too painful and googling runner's knee suggests that rest is required so I rested :laugh: I also put anti-inflammatory gel on it & iced it last night - this morning it's better until I try to go up/down stairs :cry:

Tonight is supposed to be run club then personal training and I'm dithering. I'm thinking of running short at run club but rescheduling my personal training as I'm not convinced doing a fitness assessment when I'm in pain is really helpful. The only issue is that I'll lose the session unless she has a slot in the next 2 weeks (the sessions expire) so there's an argument that if I'm going to lose it anyway I may as well turn up tonight.  In better news I have a biomechanical/gait assessment booked for tomorrow morning so with any luck I'll have a plan of action to fix my deteriorating lower body within a week

My half marathon plan for early Sept isn't looking good though which really pisses me off
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-26 8:54 AM
My psoas issue is clearing up rapidly. I can stand up straight (hadn't realized how much I was hunching over) and am back to walking easily after gimping through most of the weekend and Monday. Today is going to be a day off, because both my human and my zombie knee are sore from limping.

Now that my psoas is unknotting, the medial quad above zombie knee is working fine.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wondering Wednesday dailies