Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / It's the TUESDAILY and it's getting late so this is what...
- - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-07-25 1:16 PM
... you get.  Hey, we all like to run in the rain but have you ever gone swimming in the rain? Post.

Bonus: Hey, we are lucky to have a thread so don't expect much here.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-07-25 1:24 PM Edited 2017-07-25 1:26 PM
Yes. Actually did so the other day, and have done it often enough. It's interesting to be out snorkeling when it rains. The other day I got home from golfing and the skies opened up, with no lightening or thunder. Really pouring. The missus had been out working in the yard in the tripleH and the pool was about 85 degrees from the heatwave so in we went. It felt heavenly.

I've decided this evening will be a jog/hike day, so 4-6 planned with the Lady on the trails after work. Cooler today. We had another good dousing of rain last night just after I finished mowing which interfered with my back deck hangout time. Damn grass won't stop growing this summer. It's been on the wet side.

Food/drink. Left over lasagna. Deschutes Hop Slice Summer Ale.

Bonus. Indeed. You used the word hey twice in this post.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-07-25 1:54 PM
I have been swimming in the rain! It's amusing. :laugh:

My workout this morning was 6x2:00 @ 8:04 pace. I overran most of them by 20 seconds per mile. :shocker!: The weather was beautiful, 61 degrees and cloudy! I felt like I could run forever...

Bonus: the weather is a big bonus! :grin:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-07-25 1:55 PM
SDO for me today. 

One time many years ago we were able to use the military fitness center pool on the Navy installation where I worked for lap swimming before work between 6-8am.  I was dabbling in triathlons at the time so one day I went in and mentioned to the guards I was going to swim a mile straight thru.  When I finished it was pouring rain :wtf:  I gave the guards a look & they said "Hey, you were wet anyway!" :laugh:

Had my semi-annual dermatologist appt. this morning & had 1 "flick" and a couple of "freeze jobs" as my dermatologist likes to call them.  Also got a script for a 3-day cream for some red spots on my forehead but he said "these aren't going anywhere soon so wait until summer is over to fill it & apply so you won't have a red face in the summer sun". :roll:

Running related-wise it's the running club's 4th night of the race series tonight.  Should be the best weather yet!  Temps in the 70s and (hopefully) no precipitation.  One mile race on a cinder track...I hope the 2 puddles almost stretching from curb to curb from last night's downpours dry out by 6:40pm!  Then 1 (3.65 mi) and 2 (7.3 mi) loop races.

Bonus:  I used "hey" once!
Parent - - By BigTex [us] Date 2017-07-25 3:50 PM
I can't remember swimming in the rain, but I probably did so as a yout.  We have a lake (pond) on our property and were down there swimming and barbecuing most Sunday afternoons of my last two years in high school.  I've never lived in a house with a pool, so my opportunities as an adult have been limited.

I trudged the usual four miles this morning.  It was 61 degrees (plus 20) and notDry.  Oddly enough, I saw at least 3 or 4 other runners out.  Usually the number is 0.

Bonus: Hey, Stella!  STELLLLLLAAAAA!!!!
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-07-25 6:29 PM
We had the same weather! Oh wait...
Parent - By Limoboss Date 2017-07-25 4:26 PM
I was on the track today for a 5K all out just to see where I am speed wise.

1600 meter splits were 6:23 6:29 6:23 and :39 for the final 200 meters for a somewhat dismal 19:58. At least I broke 20:00. Need to shave a minute off that time by October.
Up Topic Training / Marathons / It's the TUESDAILY and it's getting late so this is what...