Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesdailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-07-25 6:57 AM
Post. :grin:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-25 6:58 AM
Monday’s run was 45 minutes and more comfortable heat wise. The little niggle in my right abductor has gotten better since I lowered the mileage.
Today I’m off late to the trail. Temp was in the 60's and wonderful to sleep. Oversleep. :laugh: It is much cooler. Yaaaaaay!
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-07-25 7:38 AM
Biked home yesterday day post haste because I was trying to beat a storm.  Almost beat it, got wet the last 3/4 mile.

This morning was 1.5 mile bike to trainer, 30 minute legs work out, and 4 mile bike to work.  Proud of myself for not walking any of the hills on the way to work.  Couldn't do that last week.  Legs are TRASHED now though.   The ride home is going to be interesting.
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2017-07-25 8:56 AM
I'm impressed with your commuting.  :cool:
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-07-25 1:45 PM
So am I! :happy:
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-07-25 7:58 AM
Back from my week away :cool: The Sunday before I started the archaeology dig I ran 7 hot sweaty miles very VERY slowly then left my running clothes in the hotel in the knowledge I wouldn't have the time or energy to run during the dig. I then spent 5 days shovelling rock-hard dirt for 6 hrs/day which I'm totally claiming as cross training :laugh: It was miserably hot: 95-105F and high humidity so it was really hard on me having finally acclimated to Winnipeg weather :cry: Good news though was that my back pain eased off - obviously it hurt while shovelling but then so did literally every other muscle in my body so that's justified pain. Apparently the activity helped - as it's now starting to hurt again after a couple of days back at my desk. Worse though is that I feel I'm playing whack-a-mole with injuries: now the sciatica and lower back pain have eased...my knee is hurting :roll: I've requested a PT appointment for a full biomechanical assessment to see if I can get better info on what's wrong as I suspect it's all related, and then work with my trainer to fix the base issue instead of just working around the symptoms all the time.

Last night was personal training which went pretty well considering how generally beat up I feel. Wednesday we're going to update my fitness assessment and make a plan for the next 3-6 months - likely to be mostly stretching and basic (she said: boring and repetitive) exercises to get me ready to pick up the intensity that hasn't been possible while the whack-a-mole injury circle has been going on. She's also putting me in touch with a yoga teacher she knows who is aware of my spinal issues: with any luck in the next week or so I'll have yoga, trainer, and PT all aligned and working together to fix me :cool:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-07-25 11:12 AM
Sounds like you have the trifecta of professionals, hopefully that will work!

And did you find anything cool on the dig?
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-25 9:53 AM
I am already walking and feeling better after starting to address my psoas issues yesterday. T-bone, who has had psoas issues off and on since his back and hernia surgery (they had to cut through the muscle both in front and in back) knew exactly how to dig in and release the knots, so he "massaged" (cough, *tortured*, cough) my hip last night. It was quite uncomfortably painful! But did some good.

Off to my chiro appt today for more adjustment, and then hopefully off to the gym for some exercise.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-07-25 11:11 AM
30 min swim this morning. Only 1000 yards. But I'm getting back into it.  In my mind the guys in the lanes near me are racing me.  The one today matched me stroke for stroke (my breast to his crawl) and I always beat him at the wall. Part of the reason I thought he was racing is that he'd speed up when I did and slow down when I did, and he was panting like no ones business when we finished!:laugh:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-07-25 1:15 PM
it's lovely and cool out today!  Last night's run was neither lovely nor cool.  Ugh.  But it's done.  This afternoon I plan to run 4-5 because it actually is cool out.  3 more days of work after today... :shocker!:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-07-25 1:26 PM
I was supposed to ride for 2 hours. I went up stairs to fold Ian's laundry, and change. Finn (the youngest dog) followed me up and laid on our bed. So after I got my stuff out, I thought, I'll see if I can lay next to him for a few minutes and pet him (he usually is way to hyper to allow this especially since he's NOT allowed upstairs during the day). So I laid down and he let me lay there. I lay there with my mind completely blank of thought for over an hour. I didn't sleep just laid peacefully cuddled up to my dog :hug: Now I don't have time to ride so I will have to juggle my schedule the rest of the week.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-07-25 1:46 PM
Aww, doggie cuddles. :hug:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-07-25 2:13 PM
I think they call that meditation and it is very healthy!
Parent - By j.c. [ca] Date 2017-07-25 4:15 PM
Awe... I love doggy cuddles.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesdailies