Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / The 25th of July - 5 Months to Christmas
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-25 6:22 AM
Good morning.

What's Up?

What'd know?
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-07-25 6:28 AM
You were first so here's mine:

:cry: At the hotel getting ready to leave for the airport with Molly and Maci. We had a blast.

Triathlon time was 2:10 and change. My T1 time killed us as I couldn't find my things- someone after me had her bag on my tiny pile of shoes, socks, and hand towel so I didn't get to dry off and change as quickly as I would have liked. My swim time was 23 minutes. Not horrible but I know I can take time off that next year. My sister's bike time was maybe 53 minutes I think. My run time was 43 but I know I walked too much and should have carried water. Lessons learned. My niece is doing it with us next year and we are all doing the whole thing. :hug: We've decided to make this an annual reunion event. :cool:

So today I'll run and swim and unpack my bike.

:cool:
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-25 6:31 AM
super job out there Dottie!! sounded like a great day for you.

sorry about the bag thing. that kinda stinks
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-07-25 8:54 AM
We the relay people set up separately from the people doing the entire thing? Yeah, you have to be careful with T's because people are in a hurry and the forget that they need to be courteous of others :meh: Glad you had a good time with it AND that you are going to make it an annual thing! I tried to talk my brothers into doing a relay with me here in PA and I've never gotten either of them on board. Which sucks.
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-07-25 11:18 AM
It was according to race numbers. I'm sure she didn't mean to, my pile was pretty small. Our wetsuit donning/doffing area is off a public beach so we didn't have the area for hours and hours which required us to take all our stuff and carry it to the swim in bike our area. So I'm slogging along with my wetsuit over my shoulders which feels heavier each step. :laugh: next year I'll know I can get away with a thinner suit and a better strategy
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-07-25 1:22 PM
That is completely normal to schlep your stuff to your belongings in the transition. What kind of wetsuit did you use? I hope not a scuba or surfing suit!
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-07-25 3:25 PM
No idea. Brand is Rip Curl. 5/3 since the water was 54 degrees when I started training. It pretty much looked like everyone else's. I probably will get a lighter one, like a 3/1 with a cropped leg length and sleeveless because although this will be the only tri I do I want to keep the swimming up and I don't see me swimming in the open water without one.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-25 6:32 AM
Good morning back.

Me and really nothing.

not much. you?

6.05 miles this am. should have rested.

tomorrow I fly out. I'm nervous. I hate to fly.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-25 7:38 AM
So where ya going?
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-07-25 8:56 AM
She's going to CA to be a sherpa for a friend who is doing (and being filmed) for Ironman and the Quest for Ironman show (she is one of the 10 picked to be part of the show). Don't mind me while I answer for geel :blush:
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-25 9:26 AM
that is :cool::cool::cool:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-07-25 8:55 AM
Have some wine on the flight : pbbt: That said, you'll be dealing with S so I'm sure that will keep your mind off the flights :laugh::laugh::laugh: She has got to be going batshit at this point.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-25 12:54 PM
I don't drink. Well, I only drink on one day of the year.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-25 6:32 AM
Went to the gym today.  Short warm-up on the treadmill, then weights, and ended with 30 minutes on the ARC trainer.

Didn't get sick like when I was running, but I did start getting a headache at the base of my skull towards the end.  Made the mistake of looking it up on the internet and saw all the wild and crazy things that can be causing it. :roll:  They should prohibit internet medical searches for hypochondriacs. The seed gets planted and you wonder about things all day long. Although I do think it is just something sore or out of alignment in my upper back area.  I think I need to try a different chiropractor.  The last guy I tried just wanted to jump in and start snapping everything.  Reminded me of the saying, "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-25 12:55 PM
:sad: I'm sorry Dave.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-25 7:36 AM
6.44 miles this morning. Weather was nice. Coolish and lower humidity.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-25 12:55 PM
agreed
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-25 8:49 AM
Dentist this morning.:cry:   Walking a certain Siberian this afternoon.:happy:   Sometime inbetween it is arms and abs day.  I feel a huge procrastination event coming on about that ab work.:roll:

Karen:  What about "Perfume River" by Robert Olen Butler.   Historical fiction/ Vietnam era.  Started it last night.  I think I'm going to like it.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-07-25 8:58 AM
Do you guys like reading things about the 1930's fiction and mystery? My cousin wrote this and I am really looking forward to getting it. It's her first published novel (she has 2 non-fiction books out I think).
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-25 10:44 AM
oooh,  cool!!!!   I'll put it on my list.   We read something similar (era wise) for book club a couple summers ago.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-25 12:56 PM
nah, I hate war novels.

you know you could push off your procrastination event until tomorrow.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-25 3:10 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-07-25 9:00 AM
Not much up today. I have a 2 hour bike to do. I am not sure if I'll be doing that inside or out as 2 hours is the limit on how long I'll let the kiddos stay home alone. If I run into problems that would BE a problem : pbbt:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-25 5:32 PM
Hola!

Walked and did an arm video today.  This morning it was overcast and there was a slight breeze -- felt good.   I am walking later this evening with one of my friends.

Other than that, I have stayed indoors and done household chores. 

Yesterday we went to Austin and toured the LBJ Presidential Library.  He was an interesting character.  Last Monday we went to the LBJ Ranch -- what a beautiful piece of property!

That's it from here.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / The 25th of July - 5 Months to Christmas