Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday, 23 July 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-23 6:08 AM
Good morning!

Are we surviving the heat?  And if so, how?  Swimming, glasses of ice cold tea, movies, etc....

What is the plan of the day? 

Post!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-23 7:38 AM
Good morning Marilyn, thanks for starting us off.

I've done the usual, Misha to the park and a good cup of coffee.  The shade is almost tolerable, but out in the sun is impossible.  And this at 7am:sad:   After dog walks I most often putter around the yard for an hour before committing to being in the house the rest of the day.   Today I deadheaded 3 or 4 flowers and said the heck with it.

I went to mass last night and got to witness a blessing on a couple's 67th wedding anniversary!  All their kids there, lots of hugging and celebrating.  Lee and I would have to live to 100 to hit that milestone, but a good goal!

I'm plowing through a series of books by Jay Brandon.  Courtroom drama, all set in San Antonio.  MB, you might enjoy them simply because you would recognize all the locale.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-23 8:53 AM
I can't get back into my reading groove. You would think I could because of the extra time. any way. It will come back.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-23 11:21 AM
Dawn, I am going to have to read those books. Thank you!

Isn't it amazing to witness couples that celebrate 50, 60 plus years of marriage!  One couple last week in our parish celebrated 51 years; they have known each other since 1st grade!  Sometimes I look at the couples and wonder how old they were when they married.  Some look too young to be celebrating milestones like that.

I am in for the rest of the day. Will probably do a workout video later.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-23 8:53 AM
howdy ladies...gents to follow.

taking it easy today. I am sore. I did fall yesterday also, my right butt cheek is not happy. Quads from all the downhill.

We are going to the Cecil county fair today. I'll walk around, that will do me good. Maybe see a cow or something.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-23 10:13 AM
I started to feel better. ran 2 miles
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-23 11:22 AM
Hey what happened to your day off today?
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-23 11:22 AM
Oh a county fair -- sounds like fun!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-23 10:31 AM
In the pool for 2 hours with the kid. The hard part is getting her out for some lunch. Now she is already asking about going back in. We had storms overnight and I'm kind of hoping for some more so we can take a break from pool.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-23 11:23 AM
Enjoy the pool time with her!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday, 23 July 2017