Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / The 21st of July
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-21 6:51 AM
Hot hot hot.

The weekend awaits!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-21 7:00 AM
Here is my "hot story" -

Yesterday was the hottest day of the year so far. (today will probably top it).  So Amy and I decide to treat ourselves at the coffee shop.  Hot weather, hot coffee.  Yes - maybe a bad idea.  And then it got a little hotter.  The A/C only works when it wants to in my car.  Really, it has worked every day for the last 2 weeks so I thought maybe it had resolved itself.  No. :sad:  It was blowing something but I'm not sure what.  We rolled the windows down and it was cooler outside than in the car.  This with a 103 heat index.:shocker!:

105 - 110 heat index predicted today.  Yoga in the living room.  I'm already sweating buckets just drinking my coffee.

My husband and some neighbor guys are going to the Cub game tomorrow.  So I sort of have the weekend off!   Let the celebration begin.:grin:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-07-21 7:32 AM
That IS a "hot story!"......Not a good time for that A/C to be acting up.

Enjoy your celebration! Sometimes it's fun to have some alone time!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-21 7:24 AM Edited 2017-07-21 7:28 AM
Good morning. I had thought about going to the gym this morning but I'll probably end up doing nothing today.  We're under a "heat advisory" today.

Yesterday we went to the Cincinnati Zoo, but it was hot and there was an air quality warning in effect so we didn't last too long.  It only took 10 minutes for me to be soaked with sweat like I ran gone running.  We saw a bunch of stuff and it would be a nice zoo to visit on a livable day.  We did not wait in the long line to see the baby hippo.  We got home yesterday evening.

Cindy had lost her phone on The Beast at Kings Island.  (Why people take their phone into an amusement park is beyond me. Mine was turned off and in the trunk of my car, but it seemed like everyone was walking around looking at their phone.)  Cindy had filed a report on-line, and while we were at the zoo, I got a call that they found the phone.  (I took my phone into the zoo for just such a possibility.)  So we had to make a 23 mile detour up to the park to get her phone before we headed home.  Cindy was happy to get the phone.  Unlike me, she has never set her phone up to back up her contacts and photos to the cloud so she thought all was lost.  I think she wants me to help her set that up. :wink:
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-07-21 7:36 AM
Glad Cindy got her phone back! Weird though-I had a dream last night that I was in NYC wandering around alone and somehow lost MY phone??!! I was totally freaked out, but somehow Joanna from the show, Fixer-Upper ended up helping me look for it???!!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-21 7:52 AM
:laugh:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-07-21 7:29 AM
Ditto on the hot weather.....yuk!

I got dressed to go out for my walk/run this morning, but after getting the "extremely bad air quality alert", I decided to do some exercising inside instead.

Ray has his company picnic tomorrow at Stone Mountain Park and it is going to be so freakin' hot! WHY couldn't they have the thing in October??? It's the south for goodness sake!
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-21 8:40 AM
Good Morn kids.

slept in. out the door at 9 for some easy hot miles. weeded and watered what is going to need to be weeded.

figuring out what to do today.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-21 11:28 AM
7.03 miles this morning. Beat the heat but not the humidity. 18 miles on tap for tomorrow.

Mary and CeCe are in a production of Fiddler on the Roof. Opening night was last night. I am working tonights show and tomorrow night.
Cece is one of the younger daughters. Mary is the Match Maker.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-21 12:27 PM
I saw a photo on Facebook of a car's console completely colored in purple Sharpie.  Thought of your Mary.:hug::hug:

Jeez, be careful tomorrow.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-21 12:46 PM
Purple sharpie worse than rock scratches : pbbt:
running early
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-21 12:08 PM
Good afternoon!

Busy morning -- dentist, Mass and adoration and now I am resting.  Plan to go to the movies later to hide from the heat.  Just too stinkin' hot to be outside.

Guess I could stay indoors and do housework but that is too boring, plus it's Friday Funday!

I will do my workout videos later today.

Enjoy your Friday!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / The 21st of July