Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / The 20th of July
- - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-20 3:20 AM
Hi.

What ya got today?

QOTD: what is your favorite thing to do inside the house while it's hot out? or snowing cause it is the same thing....
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-20 3:22 AM
I'm up. Not awake but up.

Last day of camp for the boy. The girl scored a babysitting job.

I'm going to a "race" on saturday. St. Roch's 15ish miles in the woods. blowing off speed work to sweat my arse off.

Anyone hear from Mark?
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-20 6:19 AM
I was wondering about Mark also.  Hope he is ok.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-20 8:10 AM
enjoy the race.
answer your QOTD
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-20 8:12 AM
I've got nothing. That's why I ask. So far we have been having family guitar hero battles. I'm a loser.
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-07-20 3:15 PM
The race sounds like fun....except for the 15ish miles and the sweating!! LOL!!
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-20 5:27 PM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-20 5:47 AM
Took Annabelle to Kings Island (amusement park) yesterday.  We used to take our girls to Cedar Point almost every year and I have been to numerous Six Flags parks, but I guess this is the end of the line for that.  I got sick on a spinning ride, got better, rode a few coasters with Annabelle, but on one with multiple loops got sick all over again.  Luckily Cindy was a real champion and kept up with the kid. 

Annabelle had absolutely zero fear of any ride. At 9 years old I did not expect that much from her.  She is the same age that my girls took an interest in the big rides but not with total reckless abandon.  The park was not very full so there wasn't a line for any ride. You could ride, get off and walk back to the start and ride again.  There were times with my girls where we would wait an hour or two for the big rides.

We're staying with friends we made in Michigan.  They have a nice old house in Cincinnati and it is nicer and less expensive than staying in a hotel.  Today we'll visit the zoo before heading back home.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-20 6:20 AM
Kids and roller coasters!  I used to like them but now not at all.  When my son was Annabelle's age, he too enjoyed roller coasters and had no fear of them.

Enjoy the day!
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-20 8:08 AM
I took Sam to King's Island. She had a soccer tournament in Cincy. This was in 1986. Not really relevant.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-20 8:14 AM
Sorry you went green. I hate rides. all of them. Josh took awhile to like rides. morgan is fearless also. I don't know if it's a good thing or bad.

have fun at the zoo.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-07-20 11:56 AM
I've been to Kings Island several times, mostly in my younger years.  Last week was my first time at Cedar Point.  I wondered which park had the best rides.  Makayla and I vote for CP, but the Beast is hard to beat.  I'm not really fond of the spinning rides and the things that lift you high in the air every which way.  But I still love the coasters!  Makayla rode the big coasters at a young age.  Ryan still won't ride them.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-20 6:21 AM
Good morning!

Just trying to stay cool!  But come winter, I will be happy with our weather.

I have book club this morning and will probably do a workout video this afternoon.

QOTD -- I like to read!
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-20 8:14 AM
enjoy all of it
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-20 8:00 AM
morning masters!

Big storms last night; Misha and I storm watched in the yard mostly because the temps dropped about 10 degrees and we could finally get outside.  So today I've picked up a couple buckets of sticks and leaves and other junk clogging the storm sewer and littering my yard.

Yoga kicked my butt yesterday. Today is leg day.

Nearly naked man in his car at the park today.  Either sleeping, passed out, or dead.  Either way it creeped me out so I flagged down a cop.  The policeman ended up being Lisa's 8th grade boyfriend!  We had the OMG I know you moment and he loved on Misha a bit.   Sweet kid.   I left the park before he approached the car so I don't know the outcome.  I didn't hear an ambulance tho so I imagine it was just a passed out drunk.

QOTD- I iron.  either on hot days or snow days.  In the winter it warms me up and in the summer the ironing board is in the basement so it's an excuse to go down there and cool off.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-20 8:06 AM
I was not in a park in Illinois today...
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-20 8:48 AM
Nah, he was too white to be you.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-20 9:59 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-20 8:16 AM
OMG are you for real? this is where we part ways. I never never never touch an iron. except twice a year. Christmas and first day of school.

smart lady. stay away from passed out naked people.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-20 8:52 AM
My college roommate used to say" if there was a setting for pantyhose, Dawn would iron them".  (ok, that REALLY dates me:laugh:)  But I enjoy ironing.   And this is going to sound all 1950's housewife, but I like my husband to go to work in an 'ironed to within an inch of it's life' dress shirt each day.  He used to wear a tie too....ahh, the good old days!   and, to continue to shatter your image I pack his lunch every. single. day.  Protein, fruit, veggie, and a treat.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-20 10:01 AM
ready? this is gonna sound sooooo messed up and I'm going to sound like a fruit cake. But. Lois loved to iron. She would iron everything that she could. She also found it enjoyable and relaxing. I'm just gonna say that your post today is Lois giving me a wee shout out. Maybe she missed me too. :hug:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-07-20 10:24 AM
:hug: She's up there watching down on you. My Mom is watching from the gigantic cruise ship (when she's not in a hot air balloon) :laugh:
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-20 1:31 PM
:hug::hug::laugh:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-20 12:20 PM
I find ironing relaxing but I can't iron worth a hoot.  By the time I finish with one side, the other side is wrinkled.  Buy my husband does a very good job of ironing.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-07-20 8:45 AM
What's an iron :wink: The last time I used an iron was for Amanda's made up country project in SIXTH grade. And before that? Who knows : pbbt:
The OMG moment :laugh:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-20 8:53 AM
my mom used to iron the sheets before she put them on the bed......it's in my DNA.:laugh:
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-20 10:03 AM
HA! Lois too, however, that's why they make wrinkle free sheets. Just say'n
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-07-20 10:25 AM
:shocker!: The sheets? But that would make them uh, stiff and scratchy?
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-20 12:21 PM
My Mom would have us iron the sheets and pillow cases when we were learning how to iron.  And my Dad's underwear!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-20 12:28 PM
yep.  And dad's handkerchiefs.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-20 8:06 AM
Ran the Dawn 10k (6.24 miles) this morning instead of at lunch. To beat some of the heat.

QOTD-:evil::evil::evil:
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-20 8:16 AM
:roll::roll::roll::roll:

nice run
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-20 8:17 AM
Come on. Really. What did you think I would pick?
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-20 8:18 AM
:evil::cool::laugh:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-20 8:48 AM
Mr. predictable.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-20 9:20 AM
I would want to disappoint
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-20 8:17 AM
10.04 miles. Got up a wee bit earlier than the crack of dawn. (code) got them done. I didn't think it was any hotter than any other morning. So I just ran.

boy at camp. girl sitting. home alone.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-20 8:24 AM
nice one. not hot this morning. muggy though.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-20 8:55 AM
hey, leave me out of this!
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-20 10:03 AM
:wink::laugh:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-07-20 8:43 AM
rest day here which is good because my back hurts worse than yesterday. I might try some yoga though.
QOTD: read of course!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-20 8:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DdXlmpdf-Y

Disclaimer:  I have not done this one.  Practice at your own risk.    But hey, you never know, it may help.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-07-20 10:26 AM
Actually I just saw she has one for the lower back which is where my issue is and it's shorter!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-20 10:30 AM
let me know how it goes.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-20 10:04 AM
no yoga. you need to relax.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-07-20 12:24 PM
I ran up the sun for 8 miles this morning.  Humid, but not horrible. 

Not much else going in today.  I'm enjoying the downtime which will end in a couple of weeks when school stuff begins. 

QOTD:  Read.  And eat new dishes or desserts that Melissa makes, because she likes to cook new things when she is holed up in the house.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-20 2:18 PM
How is Makayla's eye?

It is way too early to talk about back to school time.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-20 2:21 PM
HA! I'm done school shopping!
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-07-20 3:09 PM
Nothing in the way of exercise unless you count the heart pounding from dealing with the loss of my insurance while still needing follow-ups and surgery. If you are on my FB, you have probably seen my rant, and if not, things are just on hold until the new year-assuming nothing ELSE comes up in the bad health department for the Robbins family!

I'm actually not feeling quite so stressed after talking to a dear old friend on the phone a little while ago. Sometimes you just have to use the old sense of humor! I told my friend that I'm really upset that I won't be able to get my new boobs and possibly make some cash with a bit of exotic dancing! We started joking around about starting a go-fund my new boobs account on FB, but then we came up with a really great plan-Instead of standing at intersections with boots like the firemen do, we can hold big bras to be filled! Still thinking of slogans.....Bucks for Boobs?? Tens for ta-ta's?? Hundreds for hooters?? I'm sure we could count on Rob's help??? OMG, we laughed so hard, you would have thought it was the old days when she and I would drink a pitcher of Margaritas and laugh about the dumbest things ever!!

I've decided that whatever is happening with the stupid insurance issues, I'm going to try my best to not let it stress me more than necessary. I'm going to try hard to take better care of myself-starting with making sure I get out for a walk/jog early every morning.

Umm....snow I can deal with....heat not so much!!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-20 3:51 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-20 5:30 PM
girl. I'm in for your girls. You start that go fund me page.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-07-21 4:43 AM
:laugh::hug:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-07-21 5:57 AM
AND, Ray's input for our slogan-Tips for +its:roll::laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / The 20th of July