Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / What are you Waiting For Wednesdaily?
- - By nooner [us] Date 2017-07-19 9:32 AM
We've not had many early dailies lately so what are you waiting for? Go ahead and post already!

Tell us about your workout, food, beverage and blather:

Bonus: Are you currently waiting on something or someone?
Parent - - By rob26.2 Date 2017-07-19 10:45 AM
11 miles :happy: We have had a great summer for running so far.  Generally a bit lower dewpoints and temps. :happy: For most of the summer, I have managed to maintain 55-60 mile weeks on 6 days of running/week.

Still fighting achilles tendonitis and knee-itis. :sad: Classic symptoms; both go away after about a mile of running.  If I take a day off and keep up with the ice and heat they both totally go away only to return the next day after my run. :mutmad:

Beverage: Duh, it's COFFEE!!! DAY  Lotsa water consumed too.

Bonus: I am waiting on Hood To Coast; it should be a blast.
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-07-19 12:16 PM
Counting the small mug of coffee I had before 5am, I've had 3 mugs of coffee today! : pbbt:
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2017-07-19 12:35 PM
Good work!
Parent - By nooner [us] Date 2017-07-19 1:09 PM
HTC is going to be a lot of fun!!
Parent - - By Eric1970 Date 2017-07-19 2:41 PM
HtC! I saw Mt. Hood in the distance when I was out there for a conference last week! Pretty cool!!:cool:
Parent - - By rob26.2 Date 2017-07-19 3:03 PM
See any Squatch?
Parent - By Eric1970 Date 2017-07-19 7:20 PM
No but I ran into Samwise Gamgee in brew pub.: pbbt:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-07-19 4:24 PM
Nice mileage :cool:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-07-19 9:52 PM
I'm jealous of the lower dew points!
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-07-19 12:15 PM
Same old stuff for me today...taught 6am cycling class and then did core & shoulder PT exercises.  Had a "Baker's Dozen" in class, including one first-timer.

Turkey on rye with sour cream & onion potato chips for lunch.  Grilling burgers tonight.

Weather app says it's 91° but my backyard thermometer says 98°!  :shocker!:

Bonus:  semi-annual dermatologist appt. next week & waiting to see if he finds anything to remove by scraping or a "freeze job" (his term) : pbbt:
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2017-07-19 12:36 PM
Grilling anything is awesome!
Parent - By Eric1970 Date 2017-07-19 2:40 PM
The air is just so thick. The humidity is reading as 42% but it feels pretty oppressive.
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-07-19 9:50 PM
Oh boy, another chance to get some body art!!
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-07-20 6:01 AM
:roll:
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-07-19 12:18 PM
No workouts here, though I might do a walk/jog thingie on the trail with the Lady. Walked 9 holes of golf last night. My golf game is like my running. Losing distance (speed) but can still muddle about and make my share of pars.

Funny about this knee thing. I'm sure I have had this meniscus tear all year but it's ramped up since I pretty much stopped running after Mohican. I masked it for a week with anti-inflammatories, but never did that during training for the race. It's sort of like my mind held the pain/discomfort back when I was chasing that goal, but now it's given up in that regard. I can't imagine I whacked the knee out during Mohican or the limited amount of running I've done since. Symptoms are all the same.

Food/drink: Pizza and salad for lunch. Picked up a few 6 packs at noon from Deschutes and Terrapin.

Bonus: Waiting for Aug10, scope date.
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2017-07-19 12:37 PM
I'm playing in a scramble on Friday.  The harder I swing, the greater my slice! :laugh:
Parent - - By Eric1970 Date 2017-07-19 2:39 PM
I think we minimize that which does not completely derail us. I think I would have been running with duct tape to get the 50 states done. Now, if there is traffic, I may decide to take a rest day!: pbbt:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-07-19 4:25 PM
Now, if there is traffic, I may decide to take a rest day! :laugh::laugh:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-07-19 9:49 PM
August 10th sounds like forever !! :cry:
Parent - - By nooner [us] Date 2017-07-19 1:07 PM
I was waiting for my hands to dry off enough to type on the keyboard without frying it with sweat. : pbbt:

We're in the thick of the summer so every run is a struggle and I'm wiped out at the end. Had planned on 10 with my running buddy and we even started early since he had to be at work a bit early for a training class. I bailed out at 8 miles not wanting him to have to wait for me and be late and ended up with 9 to his 10. It's going to be even worse on the weekend, so I'm planning to start super early to get in a good bit before the sun starts heating things up.

Cobb salad at lunch as I try to get my weight down below beached-whale level.

Bonus: We're waiting to see if a planned office move is going to happen this weekend or not. We've had some close calls before, but things were not looking good for the guys who went up there to check it out today. I would need to spend a few hours on-site this weekend if the move happens.
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2017-07-19 2:13 PM
I hate the squishy running shoes of summer...  :cry:
Parent - By Eric1970 Date 2017-07-19 2:39 PM
The humidity is just awful!:cry:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-07-19 6:54 PM
I hear you about struggling with summer running.  How do you know that this weekend will be worse?  I'm not sure I would even want to know.  Yikes! 

So we don't want the move to happen this weekend, right?  Or is it one of those things that's inevitable, so the sooner it's over, the better?
Parent - - By Eric1970 Date 2017-07-19 2:37 PM
Ran 8 miles on TM today. The temps have been pretty high, so TM it was. I am back on track to hitting 1200 for the year, which is pitiful but something.:laugh: I lost about 10 pounds the last 6 weeks, so I have seemed to have curbed my inhalation of food...somewhat.:roll: I have been struggling with hills though. I was up in rogereland last week and after two hills, my hip flexors are just done. Not sure how that will translate for RTB.

Food: i will make gnocchi tonight with pesto. I have had Morgan here this summer. She seems to think I am a decent cook and will usually not go out with friends if I am making something. I think she has had a LOT of prepared foods growing up.:laugh:
Beverage: water or diet coke

Bonus: I am waiting on my kitchen renovation...still. They are starting on Monday. I am off next week and was planning on a staycation up in rogereland for most of the week, but now I want to be here for at least the first day, so that Morgan is not alone when the contractors show up. The timing sucks, but I really do not want to delay things as I have been ready since December. Of course now I am trying to clear out cabinets. :cry:

factoid for today:: I have a LOT of water bottles for someone who never carries water when he runs.:laugh:
Parent - - By rob26.2 Date 2017-07-19 3:04 PM
Is part of the renovation taking care of the toaster oven that sets off the fire alarm? :mischief:
Parent - By Eric1970 Date 2017-07-19 7:21 PM
No. The fire alarm has had its battery resected, so it is good.:laugh:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-07-19 4:27 PM
There are hills at RTB? :wtf:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-07-19 6:23 PM
Congrats on losing the 10 lbs!  :cool: 

Renovation is stressful in itself, but having to clean out the cupboards, etc. makes it that much more.  We just worked through the guest room closet -- oy :roll:
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-07-19 3:52 PM
lazy day here and much needed. I messed up my schedule and was supposed to have breakfast/pool with my mom yesterday but went to work. She's busy today so had to miss that this week. :sad::mutmad: <--at myself.  Oh well.

So slept in. Dh and i went on a short bike ride. :grin: We went to see his dad still in a skilled nursing facility. he's doing better but although i can now see him going home sooner, i can't quite see  him taking good enough care of himself to stay there. :sad: He's barely eating and drinking and has lost 10 pounds in one week. he doesn't seem to get it that this is a problem either.

I'll be going to the lake to go aqua jogging while the group is swimming this evening. I've been a couple times and it's really fun plus a good workout although a bit cold! The swimmers wear wetsuits in the lake but for water running you get to hot so just a swimsuit is enough. 

bonus: looking forward to wine and cheese with the neighbors this week. :hug:
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-07-19 6:16 PM
I give you credit for the water workout.  It would be so tedious by yourself. 

Your FIL rapid weight loss worrisome.   Hope the pace of his progress starts going a little faster.
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-07-19 9:26 PM
he's also met with a geriatric psychiatrist which i think will really help. addressing current depression (he has already been treated) and also did a lot of tests with him and want him to start doing some memory/cognition stuff. he failed the draw a clock face test.

the lake running feels and looks just like a regular run to me. we aim for a couple different buoys so you have a goal. that helps a lot besides just chatting with someone!
Parent - - By Eric1970 Date 2017-07-19 7:23 PM
I was wondering if you would swim in a wetsuit. I can't imagine the lake water ever gets that warm out there.:shocker!:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-07-19 9:22 PM
the temp is now low 70s. that's warmer than i thought! I'm more concerned with toxic algae. :shocker!: This lake usually has issues towards the end of summer with ick water.  :meh:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-07-19 4:23 PM Edited 2017-07-19 4:27 PM
Workout: 4 slow, labored miles before work. The air was heavy, my legs were heavy, it was just a slog.
Food/beverage: not enough of either. Hungry and dehydrated. Poor planning on my part with a work meeting in the city in the middle of the day
Blather: so many work WTFs right now. So much drama. I swear I'm back in high school. :roll: On the bright side I got to go to the city today and it was a great day for it! :cool:

Bonus: I am actually not waiting on anything at the moment
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-07-19 5:09 PM
Work drama :cry:  Nice you were able to get away for a while and still call it work :wink:
Parent - - By Eric1970 Date 2017-07-19 7:24 PM
Work drama!! Is it bad that that makes me more excited for our drive to NH?:wtf::blush::laugh:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-07-20 10:02 AM
:laugh:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-07-19 9:26 PM
looked beautiful!
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-07-19 5:06 PM
My mornings are the busiest time of the day because that's when I have to get myself out the door to run, and then when I get back, I have to get the plants watered and set out birdseed, drink my coffee and get cleaned up.  Usually by then, it's mid-morning or even later.  Then there's the problem of not being able to think of a topic :roll: but I try to start a daily once/week or so.

This morning started super early because I didn't sleep well last night.  When I did get up, I walked my grandpuppy and let her romp around so DS and DIL could get some extra sleep.  When they got up, I was dressed and ready to run my 7 miles.  Humidity was gruesome again today.  I am proud to have lived through it. 

We caught the early showing of the movie "The Big Sick" and bought a bunch of popcorn with all the money we saved : pbbt:  It is an excellent film.  Treat yourself and go see it!  Then back at home DS fixed this incredible grilled chicken, avocado, tomato and cilantro thing that you scoop up and eat with tortilla chips.  It was amazing, and I didn't have to fix it either !  :genius:  I may or may not have stirred butter pecan ice cream into my leftover coffee and called it dessert.  It was delicious

Bonus:  still waiting for the trip to start -- I think we're down to nine days :mischief:  I have been waiting for a spiffy birthday present for DH to arrive (his bd was in early June)  It was finally delivered today.  Not terribly fancy, but a gadget I was sure he'd like, and he did:  a mirror for him to use while biking.  It fits on his wrist :cool:
Parent - - By Eric1970 Date 2017-07-19 7:27 PM
That dip sounds pretty yummy!

I have heard good things about the "The Big Sick". I've seen that actor a few times before but never in any role that I would remember other than he was the token brown/ethnic guy.:laugh: It's pretty cool that he is featured in his own movie.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-07-19 9:54 PM
It is based on his own experience and is very real and compelling.
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-07-19 9:29 PM
oh, i had to go google mirror wrist bike to see what that would be. How'd it work?
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-07-19 10:03 PM Edited 2017-07-19 10:09 PM
If anyone hasn't seen this already: Here it is !!  He hasn't had a chance to use it yet, but he really likes the concept :cool:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-07-20 6:10 AM
I think The Big Sick is probably the best movie I've seen in the past year.
Up Topic Training / Marathons / What are you Waiting For Wednesdaily?