Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Movie thread
- - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-07-02 7:25 PM
Lego Batman - I loved The Lego Movie and thought that Batman was one of the funnier characters but had doubts that he could carry a whole movie. He couldn't. It dragged on. There's no reason it needed to be 2+ hours. I'd give it a C, at best.

Storks - I went in with very low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't great and it relied on a lot of fairly obvious jokes but it was entertaining throughout. B-

I'm going to a friend's house next weekend to watch The Room. I'm already excited. A++. Anyone that thinks otherwise can keep their stupid comments in their pocket.

ETA - I did not hit her. I did naht. Oh hi, Mark!
Parent - - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2017-07-07 11:54 AM
Lego Batman is 1hr and 44min :wtf:

It's funny and better than The Lego Movie.
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-07-07 12:46 PM
Google says 2 hr 9 min, which I'm assuming includes the credits.
Parent - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2017-07-07 5:40 PM
imdb and amazon say 1hr 44min. suck it google. : pbbt:
- By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2017-07-07 8:54 AM
We saw The Hero over the weekend with Jeff's dad. I could listen to Sam Elliots voice all day. Story was good, slow paced and a bit sad. 7/10
- By insistor (needs a bigger dick) Date 2017-08-07 9:36 AM
Dunkirk- I thought it was good, not great. I guess I felt that by focusing only on 3-4 instances in the evacuation it missed showing how massive the job really was getting 300,000+ troops out. Like, if you didn't know the full story you could leave the movie missing how much really went into it and how important it was to the overall war that all those troops got out of Dunkirk to fight another day.
- - By tizzy319 (gaping five hole) [us] Date 2017-08-07 10:33 AM
Saw The Big Sick a week ago.  Loved it.  Really sweet and hilarious.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-08-21 2:38 PM
We saw it, too, and thought it was a real gem.  As usual with really good movies, the ensemble cast really contributed to the success of the film.  Great story, delivered effectively.
- By mkh (Mr. Fashionista) Date 2017-08-07 11:11 AM
Baby Driver: If you like Edgar Wright, you'll like this movie. If not, you may not enjoy it.  Typical one last job heist movie with a lot of stylized directing with the music and shots. I really enjoyed it.
- - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2017-08-10 9:23 AM
Landline has John Turturro, Jenny Slate and Edie Falco - set in '95 around a family going through infidelities, teenage problems, etc. The material is a bit heavy, but it's quick and funny and nostalgic.
mrbarney and I were the only two in the 10am showing yesterday, and we both laughed out loud multiple times. If it's in your area, definitely worth a go see.  8 starts out of 10

Kedi watched in on Youtube Red with the boys last weekend. Was glad to finally get to see it after the glowing recommendation from JakeJakeJake. We were all very entertained, and have taken to call Benji the dog "Benju in a Turkish accent :laugh:
Parent - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-12 11:40 AM
Kedi! :grin::hug:
- By gadget girl Date 2017-08-10 12:41 PM
I watched the Keepers on Netflix - a seven part documentary.  It was a bit disorganized and could have been more tightly edited but very interesting.
- By N70SAK Date 2017-08-12 12:35 PM Edited 2017-08-12 12:59 PM
Stumbled upon Hollywood Shuffle the other night.  Still funny as hell. :grin: "We both gave Dirty Larry  the Finger."
- By mutiger [us] Date 2017-08-12 12:57 PM
I cut cable recently. I was bored last weekend and "Peyton Place" was playing and I got sucked in. It was a long seemingly boring movie but had a lot of twists....so I kept watching and watching and finished it, and they played the sequel to that and I watched that too. I thought it was an interesting movie.

I googled it today and found that it won a shit ton of Oscar awards way back when it was made :shocker!:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyton_Place_(film)
- - By neustkg (Important) Date 2017-08-15 2:23 PM
Has anyone noticed any trailers for a Lost type movie?  I swear I saw one a few weeks ago.  Can’t find anything about it, though.
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-08-15 2:58 PM
I DON'T HAVE TIME TO EXPLAIN!
- - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-19 9:04 AM
I saw Hell or High Water on the TV and thought it was a good crime drama for our times with some good performances and a nice sense of place.  8/10
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2017-08-21 1:46 PM
I really liked that movie
- By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2017-08-21 1:47 PM
Wind River very well done, but a depressing story. The landscape is beautiful, but the isolation made me never want to live in Wyoming (on an Indian Reservation) great performances by Graham Greene, Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen.
- By mkh (Mr. Fashionista) Date 2017-08-21 1:54 PM
Spiderman: Homecoming: Enjoyable movie.
- By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-08-24 7:41 PM
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul - I really enjoyed the first three installments of this franchise. I was a bit worried about a whole new cast but that didn't end up being an issue. A little more over the top than the others but still really entertaining.

Spiderman 2 - in the middle of watching it right now. It sucks. Really slow moving and uninteresting.
- By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2017-08-25 6:41 AM
We started watching the Ken Burns doc about WWII last night. It's intense and upsetting but really good so far. I have to think it would be slightly easier to watch if Donald Fucking Trump wasn't your piece of shit president.
- By neustkg (Important) Date 2017-09-25 8:57 AM
Watched Marvel’s The Avengers this weekend.  We have actually watched the later episodes Age of Ultron and Civil Wars.  I swear I saw Agent Phil Coulson in the later episodes, but saw he died in the original Avengers.
- By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-09-25 10:12 AM
Believe it or not, I had never seen The Simpsons Movie before this weekend. I thought that it was great.
- By mkh (Mr. Fashionista) Date 2017-09-27 12:15 PM
Watched The Conjuring 1 and 2 which were both decent horror movies. The first one was much better than the 2nd but it was still good enough.

Also watched La La Land. Really enjoyed this. I'm not the biggest Emma Stone fan recently but she did a good job. Baby Goose is always great. Have 3 more movies from the best picture nominations to watch.
- - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-10-11 6:06 AM
We watched the first hour and a half of Wonder Woman last night and will finish it tonight. . It’s pretty good. Super hero movies just aren’t my thing.
Parent - By neustkg (Important) Date 2017-10-11 3:00 PM
My daughter begged to watch it (she already saw it in the theater).  I said OK, but only if we watch it in Blueray, so we borrowed the Blueray disc from our neighbor this weekend and she put it in the DVD player.  Was very good imo for a DC comic movie (I can't stand batman or superman).  Halfway through I noticed it was most likely not the blueray version.  Sure enough, she put the regular version in.:roll:
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-10-15 5:30 PM
The last hour picked up some steam. Overall I liked it.
- - By mkh (Mr. Fashionista) Date 2017-10-11 7:27 AM
Nocturnal Animals: Was an interesting movie, though trying to be too smart for it's own good I think.
Parent - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-10-11 10:17 AM
I saw the first 20-30 minutes of it and decided to skip the rest.  Seemed aggressively weird and unpleasant in a way that was unlikely to go anywhere.
- - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-10-11 10:19 AM
I saw the New Blade Runner movie.  It is quite long and looks very cool, and is fairly entertaining, though it is slow in parts and YMMV in how you respond to its Big Themes.  6.5/10
Parent - By mkh (Mr. Fashionista) Date 2017-10-11 1:08 PM
Blade Runner 2049:roll:
Parent - By jwd1113 Date 2017-10-15 4:57 PM
indeed, visually phenomenal....

but could have used some judicious editing

and it tries too hard to be deep and for the most part swings and misses at its 'big themes' as you aptly call them

but i'm really glad i saw it on the big screen

7/10
- - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-10-11 10:38 AM
THE NEW STAR WARS TRAILER LOOKS AWESOME
Parent - - By mkh (Mr. Fashionista) Date 2017-10-11 10:50 AM
Can't Wait!!!!
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-10-11 11:27 AM
I loved Episode VII and am STOKED for Episode VIII. STOKED!
Parent - - By insistor (needs a bigger dick) Date 2017-10-11 12:31 PM
If this one doesn't have lens flare I'll be pissed
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-10-11 2:02 PM
:blush:
Parent - - By mkh (Mr. Fashionista) Date 2017-10-11 1:07 PM
Bur first, 3 weeks to The Familiar Vol 5
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-10-11 2:01 PM
CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Movie thread