Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Movie thread
- - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-07-02 7:25 PM
Lego Batman - I loved The Lego Movie and thought that Batman was one of the funnier characters but had doubts that he could carry a whole movie. He couldn't. It dragged on. There's no reason it needed to be 2+ hours. I'd give it a C, at best.

Storks - I went in with very low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't great and it relied on a lot of fairly obvious jokes but it was entertaining throughout. B-

I'm going to a friend's house next weekend to watch The Room. I'm already excited. A++. Anyone that thinks otherwise can keep their stupid comments in their pocket.

ETA - I did not hit her. I did naht. Oh hi, Mark!
Parent - - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2017-07-07 11:54 AM
Lego Batman is 1hr and 44min :wtf:

It's funny and better than The Lego Movie.
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-07-07 12:46 PM
Google says 2 hr 9 min, which I'm assuming includes the credits.
Parent - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2017-07-07 5:40 PM
imdb and amazon say 1hr 44min. suck it google. : pbbt:
- By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2017-07-07 8:54 AM
We saw The Hero over the weekend with Jeff's dad. I could listen to Sam Elliots voice all day. Story was good, slow paced and a bit sad. 7/10
- By insistor (needs a bigger dick) Date 2017-08-07 9:36 AM
Dunkirk- I thought it was good, not great. I guess I felt that by focusing only on 3-4 instances in the evacuation it missed showing how massive the job really was getting 300,000+ troops out. Like, if you didn't know the full story you could leave the movie missing how much really went into it and how important it was to the overall war that all those troops got out of Dunkirk to fight another day.
- - By tizzy319 (gaping five hole) [us] Date 2017-08-07 10:33 AM
Saw The Big Sick a week ago.  Loved it.  Really sweet and hilarious.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-08-21 2:38 PM
We saw it, too, and thought it was a real gem.  As usual with really good movies, the ensemble cast really contributed to the success of the film.  Great story, delivered effectively.
- By mkh (Mr. Fashionista) Date 2017-08-07 11:11 AM
Baby Driver: If you like Edgar Wright, you'll like this movie. If not, you may not enjoy it.  Typical one last job heist movie with a lot of stylized directing with the music and shots. I really enjoyed it.
- - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2017-08-10 9:23 AM
Landline has John Turturro, Jenny Slate and Edie Falco - set in '95 around a family going through infidelities, teenage problems, etc. The material is a bit heavy, but it's quick and funny and nostalgic.
mrbarney and I were the only two in the 10am showing yesterday, and we both laughed out loud multiple times. If it's in your area, definitely worth a go see.  8 starts out of 10

Kedi watched in on Youtube Red with the boys last weekend. Was glad to finally get to see it after the glowing recommendation from JakeJakeJake. We were all very entertained, and have taken to call Benji the dog "Benju in a Turkish accent :laugh:
Parent - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-12 11:40 AM
Kedi! :grin::hug:
- By gadget girl Date 2017-08-10 12:41 PM
I watched the Keepers on Netflix - a seven part documentary.  It was a bit disorganized and could have been more tightly edited but very interesting.
- By N70SAK Date 2017-08-12 12:35 PM Edited 2017-08-12 12:59 PM
Stumbled upon Hollywood Shuffle the other night.  Still funny as hell. :grin: "We both gave Dirty Larry  the Finger."
- By mutiger [us] Date 2017-08-12 12:57 PM
I cut cable recently. I was bored last weekend and "Peyton Place" was playing and I got sucked in. It was a long seemingly boring movie but had a lot of twists....so I kept watching and watching and finished it, and they played the sequel to that and I watched that too. I thought it was an interesting movie.

I googled it today and found that it won a shit ton of Oscar awards way back when it was made :shocker!:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyton_Place_(film)
- - By neustkg (Important) Date 2017-08-15 2:23 PM
Has anyone noticed any trailers for a Lost type movie?  I swear I saw one a few weeks ago.  Can’t find anything about it, though.
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-08-15 2:58 PM
I DON'T HAVE TIME TO EXPLAIN!
- - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-08-19 9:04 AM
I saw Hell or High Water on the TV and thought it was a good crime drama for our times with some good performances and a nice sense of place.  8/10
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2017-08-21 1:46 PM
I really liked that movie
- By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2017-08-21 1:47 PM
Wind River very well done, but a depressing story. The landscape is beautiful, but the isolation made me never want to live in Wyoming (on an Indian Reservation) great performances by Graham Greene, Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen.
- By mkh (Mr. Fashionista) Date 2017-08-21 1:54 PM
Spiderman: Homecoming: Enjoyable movie.
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Movie thread