Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Best show on tv presently
1 2 Previous Next  
- - By jalashkar (Yahd) Date 2016-02-11 9:05 AM
I think it's The Goldbergs.

You?
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-02-11 9:10 AM Edited 2016-02-11 9:18 AM
Is this the thread where I let everyone know how much better I am than them?

The last show that we watched on network tv was LOST.

My son and I like watching cooking shows on the Create network. We also watch Nature and Nova on Wednesdays.
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2016-02-11 9:11 AM
This is a pretty weak stretch, TV wise.  I sort of like the People vs. OJ.  :blush:

Better Call Saul comes back next week, and that is pretty good.
Parent - - By jalashkar (Yahd) Date 2016-02-11 9:21 AM
Better Call Saul is excellent.

I've been trying to like The People vs OJ but honestly it's so overdone it feels like a Tori Spelling Lifetime movie.
Parent - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2016-02-11 9:28 AM
The OJ show is definitely a bit of a guilty pleasure.  It is hard to disagree with your assessment that some of it is overdone.
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2016-02-11 9:29 AM
I really want to see the OJ show but I can't stay awake for it  :cry: Hopefully I can find it online to stream.
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2016-02-11 9:35 AM
With all these newfangled contraptions these days, I'm sure you'll find it somehow.  :cool:
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2016-02-11 9:41 AM
:laugh:ahhh that made me legit lol:hug:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2016-02-15 2:38 PM
I found it to stream and watched the first 2 episodes and I love it :grin: John Travolta is surprisingly good! :shocker!:
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2016-02-15 3:33 PM
I'm not sure if I would say what he is doing is good, but it is certainly interesting.
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2016-02-16 8:24 AM
And entertaining:cool:
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2016-02-16 8:47 AM
I was looking for a Simpsons meme that just said "agreed" but decided I like THIS ONE instead.  :cool:
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-02-16 9:02 AM
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2016-02-16 10:30 AM
:happy:
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-02-16 10:43 AM
Your emoticon makes me feel valued.:cool:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2016-02-16 9:26 AM
:cool::happy:
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-02-16 9:30 AM
I made a meme too. Where's my emoticon parade?
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2016-02-16 9:32 AM
Oh I'm sure you'll reply to yourself eventually. :happy:
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2016-02-16 10:31 AM
Oops.  :blush:
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2016-02-16 10:32 AM
You're too nice : pbbt:
Parent - By peaches [us] Date 2016-02-16 12:51 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-02-16 9:37 AM
:cool::grin::hug:
Parent - - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2016-02-11 9:55 AM
I love The Goldbergs. :laugh: It's probably our age. :wink: Also still like Modern Family.

Currently watching American Idol's last season. It's actually not too bad, lots of talent. They're down to the final 24, cutting 5 tonight.

Waiting patiently (tap tap tap) for the next season of House of Cards. Wait, does Netflix count?
Parent - - By jalashkar (Yahd) Date 2016-02-11 9:56 AM
Modern Family still makes me laugh a bit.
Parent - - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2016-02-11 10:00 AM
did you watch last night?
Parent - - By jalashkar (Yahd) Date 2016-02-11 10:01 AM
Yes.  I was inspired by Mrs Cluttersworth.
Parent - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2016-02-11 11:04 AM
:laugh: That is so me, sneaking stuff out of the house to trash or donate (except I don't bring them back in a fit of emotion).
Parent - By peaches [us] Date 2016-02-11 11:44 AM
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-02-11 9:59 AM
Adventure Time
Parent - By tizzy319 (gaping five hole) [us] Date 2016-03-23 4:02 PM
:cry::laugh:  look at who produced it.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2016-02-11 9:59 AM
As a TV whore who watches way too many shows, I agree 100%. The Goldbergs is the best.
Parent - - By h3ather (Nice Tips) [us] Date 2016-02-11 10:31 AM
the only series type show i watch is Game of Thrones

and Archer I guess, if that counts.
Parent - By Tommeke Date 2016-02-12 3:26 PM
It counts :cool:
Parent - - By neustkg (Important) Date 2016-02-15 7:39 AM
If you like Archer, you probably will like Bob's Burgers.  A bunch of the actors/comedians that do Archer show up on Bob's Burgers.  H. Jon Benjamin who is Sterling Archer is Bob Belcher.  Eugene Mirman has been on Archer and is Gene Belcher on Bob's Burgers.  Kristen Schaal who is Loise Belcher has been on Archer.
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-02-15 8:15 AM
His best role was Ben Katz.:cool:
Parent - - By neustkg (Important) Date 2016-02-15 8:39 AM
Have you watched Bob's Burgers?
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-02-15 8:43 AM
A couple times. Didn't really get into it.
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-03-08 6:18 AM
Actually, my son and I saw an episode on Sunday and liked it a lot.
Parent - By neustkg (Important) Date 2016-03-08 8:12 AM
There is an episode from the first season (we rented from the library) where Tina joins what looks like a Brazilian Jiu jitsu club.  Bob goes down to the club to bring her back (since he needs her in the restaurant).  Problem is, the class happen to coincide with his scheduled BM time.  Problems ensue with said BM time.  It is a very funny episode.  I highly recommend it.

BTW, I watched most of an episode of Archer for the first time this weekend on FXX.  Archer was riding on a snowmobile shooting and beating up bad guys.  He had a topless woman on the back at one point and then she was driving the snowmobile.  Very funny jokes.
Parent - By peaches [us] Date 2016-03-23 11:09 AM
That was a good show!
Parent - - By h3ather (Nice Tips) [us] Date 2016-02-15 9:40 AM
I've seen Bob's Burgers and I think it's entertaining, but I don't like it enough to seek it out.
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-02-15 10:19 AM
That's how I felt too.
Parent - By neustkg (Important) Date 2016-02-15 10:28 AM
That's how I felt when it first came on Fox.  Now I'm hooked.  Kids like it, too, although it does have a few episodes that aren't appropriate for kids (but it's not as bad as South Park).
Parent - By N70SAK Date 2016-03-08 8:13 AM
I've seen ads for Archer and it doesn't catch my attention.  It took me a few seasons before I even gave Bob's Burgers a chance but I love it!
Parent - - By cutter [us] Date 2016-02-11 10:34 AM
Downton Abbey.
Parent - - By jalashkar (Yahd) Date 2016-02-11 12:13 PM
Another no-cable-having patchouli-wearing hippie.
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2016-02-11 1:21 PM
I have cable and I still love Downton Abbey : pbbt:
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2016-02-11 1:21 PM
How about that dinner party with Mr. Chamberlin? :shocker!:
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-02-11 1:25 PM
That was off the hook!
Parent - By gadget girl Date 2016-02-11 1:58 PM
this season is worse than all of the rest of them put together, which all sucked horseshit, but you'll find me breathlessly waiting at 8:59 p.m. every Sunday evening. :meh:
Parent - By squirrelgirl (Indian Buffet Queen) Date 2016-02-11 11:01 AM
American Horror Story is my favorite.
Better Call Saul is good.
Game of Thrones is a guilty pleasure.
Parent - - By peaches [us] Date 2016-02-11 11:44 AM
The X-Files, duh.
Parent - - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2016-02-13 12:48 PM
What night is it on?  I thought Sunday night, but I keep missing it.
Parent - - By callie [ca] Date 2016-02-13 3:05 PM
It premiered on a Sunday but it's on Mondays regularly. Only 2 more episodes though.
Parent - - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2016-02-13 3:16 PM
Thanks!  No wonder I keep missing it.  At least I have reruns to look forward to, I hope.
Parent - By peaches [us] Date 2016-02-15 8:51 AM
We missed the first one because of football and found it on demand.
Parent - - By peaches [us] Date 2016-03-02 10:48 AM
I retract this statement after the most recent episode. :roll:
Parent - By callie [ca] Date 2016-03-02 10:52 AM
Yeah. :cry:
Parent - By jennyO Date 2016-02-11 11:56 AM
Game of Thrones when it's on.  We've been trying to re-watch the whole series in anticipation for the next season, but it's getting to be a little too much.  I'm also kind of enjoying The People v. O.J. Simpson. :blush:  It's kind of crazy-making, though.  If it were any other defendant, with all that evidence, this would be a death penalty case on appeal where I work.
Parent - - By elmtree Date 2016-02-11 11:57 AM
Shows I regularly watch:

Biggest Loser (I know)
Chicago Med/Fire/P.D.
Law & Order SVU (really only when there's a tie in with the Chicago shows)
You, Me, & The Apocalypse (though I'm pretty much over this after two episodes)
Undercover Boss :blush:
Madam Secretary

If I miss something, I miss it and don't worry about it (no DVR and I don't care that much).

I really can't wait for baseball to start though.  Watching the ABL and now the WBC when they're not on in the middle of the night is getting old.  : pbbt:
Parent - - By h3ather (Nice Tips) [us] Date 2016-02-12 3:30 PM
oh, this reminded me that sometimes Mark and I will binge watch Criminal minds because it's ALWAYS on, but for whatever reason I'll only watch it with Mark and then once we watch one episode we can't stop watching.

once baseball starts that will become the only thing i watch other than GoT
Parent - By elmtree Date 2016-02-15 9:34 AM
I love that show, but it scares me, so I never watch it.  :laugh:
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2016-02-11 1:20 PM
Fargo is between seasons now, but that's about as good as TV gets in my world. GOT is next, though the repeated viewings have made the pervasive cruelty in the show more difficult to watch.

Doc Martin is also incredibly awesome when it's on.
Parent - - By gadget girl Date 2016-02-11 2:04 PM
I wholeheartedly agree.  Fargo, both seasons, amazingly enough, has leaped over what I previously considered the top echelons of t.v.: Sopranos, Six Feet Under and The Wire. 

The only show I think it compares to is a Polish show from the 70's called The Decalogue by the director, Kieslowski.  You and Jenny should rent that if you have the chance. I'll give you a money back guaranty : pbbt:
Parent - - By jennyO Date 2016-02-11 4:24 PM
Six Feet Under was my very favorite show for a while.  I watched most of it a few years back but never finished the last couple of seasons.  I'm the only one in my house who's into it, though, so odds are I'm never going to finish.  I just started The Wire and am digging it!  I just needed to watch on the bike trainer - where I have no distractions and am wide awake. :happy:
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2016-02-11 6:59 PM
loved 6 feet under too! The Wire is probably my all time favorite right now.
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2016-02-13 4:19 PM
I LOVED Six Feet Under, I thought that was some really brilliant writing.
Parent - By jennyO Date 2016-02-14 9:08 PM
When I started watching it, I was struck by how much the character David Fisher (Michael C. Hall) resembled my brother David, a little bit in looks but mostly in manner.  About a year later, my brother came out to me and I felt vindicated! :happy:
Parent - By peaches [us] Date 2016-02-11 2:10 PM
Fargo is on my list to binge at some point when I don't have anything else lined up to watch.
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2016-02-11 2:37 PM
I didn't see the first season of Fargo, but the second was really good.

I find myself liking GOT less as it goes on -- wallowing in the mire of brutality isn't that much fun after awhile -- but I'm sure I'll watch the new season.
Parent - - By jennyO Date 2016-02-11 4:20 PM
I just rewatched the first season of Fargo and it was even better than I remembered.  I think it's better tan the second season, even.

I actually kind of feel the same way about GOT now...
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2016-02-11 4:29 PM
I should definitely go back and check out season one of Fargo while there is a TV lull.  (I finished Deadwood)

Re your post above, I watched the first season or two of Six Feet Under and dropped out for similar reasons as the issues I'm having with GOT -- dark is fine, but if it is a pure bleakfest, it starts to become less than entertaining.
Parent - By jennyO Date 2016-02-11 4:31 PM
Fargo's first season has wonderful, lovable good guys.  And it ends happily. :happy:
Parent - By Tommeke Date 2016-02-12 3:31 PM
I just finished season 2. Although also very good, the 1st season was better IMO.
9/10 first season, 8.5/10 second season.
Completely agree that this is what tv series should be like. Top Notch quality :cool:
Parent - - By gadget girl Date 2016-02-11 2:01 PM
I just finished Making a Murderer on Netflix and it has made my brain explode and rethink everything I have ever thought about the criminal justice system.  Whatever your views, I highly recommend watching it through to the very bitter end.
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-02-11 2:02 PM
WISCONSIN!
Parent - - By gadget girl Date 2016-02-11 2:09 PM
since you are the only person I know from there, I have decided to channel all of my frustration and anger about the criminal justice system as a whole  towards you.  : pbbt:

Part of the reason I think this has struck such a cord with people is that there are no racial issues here which sometimes muck up the way people think of these things.
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-02-11 2:11 PM
I blame you for Donald Trump so no hard feelings. :hug:
Parent - - By gadget girl Date 2016-02-11 3:25 PM
that really is not fair :mutmad:
unlike many other things that are unfairly attributed to our President, Trump is ACTUALLY Obama's fault. :cool::hug:
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-02-11 3:29 PM
Thanks, Obama.
Parent - - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2016-02-11 3:35 PM Edited 2016-02-11 3:52 PM
I've watched the first 2(or3?) episodes and when I finish each one I am all agitated and angry. Interesting take on the lack of racial issues aspect. I think his IQ (and probably several relatives' IQs just guessing) being approx 70 is another huge factor IMO.
Parent - - By gadget girl Date 2016-02-11 4:21 PM
Just wait -- it only gets better :cry:  there were a few episodes where I literally couldn't sleep afterwards.  Keep those thoughts about IQ handy for future episodes when you meet other family members....

I've always thought it ridiculous that hatred of "rednecks" or the Honey Boo Boo crowd, or whatever you want to stereotypically call people like the Averys is so socially acceptable.....
Parent - - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2016-02-11 4:57 PM
Ok, he may have a low IQ but he says during one of the phone calls "poor people lose all the time." :meh:
Parent - - By peaches [us] Date 2016-02-11 4:58 PM
I think that's true.  The system is not really set up to help people who don't have money to keep sinking into fancy lawyers.  Sometimes it works out for them, but when it doesn't, they don't have many options. :sad:
Parent - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2016-02-11 5:31 PM
Yep
Parent - - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2016-02-16 8:33 AM
Omg the nephew :cry: I had to stop watching last night bc I was so upset. It really has nothing to do if Avery is guilty or not, but the system of corruption and poor ethics surrounding that case. And who knows how many others?
Parent - - By gadget girl Date 2016-02-16 1:28 PM
but wait, there's more.  :cry:  I could barely watch an entire episode a night.  Sometimes I felt so upset, I just stopped in the middle and finished the next night.
Parent - By peaches [us] Date 2016-03-02 10:49 AM
Seriously.  It just keeps getting worse.
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2018-11-03 8:39 PM
I just binge watched the first 7 episodes in two days.
The hardest part to watch for me were those huge horrible Perms these women were still sporting in 2005-2006 :cry::cry::cry:

But yes, what a clusterfunk of an investigation and just everyone covering for each other in law enforcement. Disgusting.
Also, you're letting a known rapist run loose for 20 years so you can frame that one dude you can't stand :wtf:

And the fact that you have a (TWO!) worthless "confession" - completely manipulated and under pressure - of basically a potential "co-perpetrator", that is so bullshit that you can't use it in court against the accused should already be ground for a mistrial (add to that the clear tampering of evidence with the blood vial).
Or at least be ground to drop the charges against the nephew. I mean, his testimony is so inconsistent it can't be used as evidence against his uncle, than how in the world can it be used as self-incriminating evidence against himself?
Parent - By Tommeke Date 2018-11-04 6:56 PM
So watched the whole first season.
I still don't get how you can convict a 16 yr old to life, solely based on a coerced confession (in the absence of any direct physical evidence), which is so weak that it wasn't used as evidence in his uncle's trial. Even worse, they had to throw out the 3 extra counts they wanted to bring on his uncle because of it.
Next to that, you actually convict the 16 yr old of those very same crimes (sexual assault and mutilation).

There was a case in Sweden a couple of years ago where they used the same technique to make a 7 year old "confess" to a crime. Where they took him apart for hours and repeatably told the kid his mom wanted him to be truthful and they would allow him to go back to her if he told them what they wanted to know. And it was exactly the same method, by putting words in the kids mouth, saying he was lying and the kid just repeating what the investigators wanted him to say and mumbling yes or no.
They later acknowledged that those confessions were completely worthless.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallet_Kevin
Parent - By peaches [us] Date 2016-02-11 2:10 PM
That was enthralling.
Parent - - By jennyO Date 2016-02-11 4:29 PM
We started watching that show but decided not to continue.  Like the Paradise Lost documentaries, some of this hits a little too close to the work I do.  I have no opinion on the Avery case (and probably couldn't share it here if I did), but it's worth pointing out that documentary filmmakers often have their own agenda and manipulate the facts to fit an attractive (or enraging) story line.  See http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/01/25/dead-certainty
Parent - - By gadget girl Date 2016-02-12 3:23 PM
thank you for the new yorker piece, I read it quickly but will read it more detail when I have time.  I think I need to explain my visceral reaction to the show and the problem I have with this critique, which I think may miss the point.  Obviously, the film makers have a clear agenda and bias -- they were imbedded with the defense for goodness sake!  this is not a case of hidden bias, such as, I would argue Sarah Koenig of Serial, which purported to examine all sides with serious journalistic integrity, and in my opinion failed.  i don't think the documentary makers here were making only a point about the guilt or innocence of Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey, and many people strongly disagree about that.  The filmmakers didn't present the whole case and at the end, you really don't know too much about the nature of the exact crime, what the prosecution claims happened, what the defense claimed didn't.  The point seems to be much broader - to use this case (and Avery's previous history) to examine the multitude of flaws that are inherent in the system and with the procedure as a whole. From the possibility of police misconduct, creepy and overzealous prosecution, hatred and bias towards a defendent (which was especially true in this case of what appears to be a very small town), disregard for mental capacity of defendants, potential bias of judges with discretion to allow or disallow critical evidence, "group think" that is involved in jury decisions, and the spectre of incompetent legal counsel, to name just some of the issues presented and explored through this case.  What made my head explode was as one defense lawyer puts it, a lack of humility in the entire process.   Everyone seems to think this process works and that the truth will invariably come out when it really isn't designed to make that happen. 

I was completely convinced and still am that Adnan Syed committed the crime of which he is accused as described in the podcast Serial. I was very opposed to sensationalizing that crime in the form of a podcast, which although supposedly unbiased, seemed to me to be favoring the defendant.  However, despite my own conclusion of his guilt based on the podcast, it is apparent that he was represented by incompetent counsel and some of the evidence was based on testimony of a very unreliable "witness" (Jay).  After watching this netflix documentary, I am heartily convinced that based on these issues alone, Adnan Syed deserves a new trial.
Parent - - By h3ather (Nice Tips) [us] Date 2016-02-13 2:47 PM Edited 2016-02-13 2:50 PM
Just binge watched this last night and today and I read this article and several others regarding evidence not mentioned in the documentary.  While I agree it was heavily biased nothing I've read is compelling enough to make me think they had enough evidence to prove guilt.

Also TH's brother comes off as such an asshole.  I know this is probably intentional and due to careful editing to make him seem so assholish but I literally wanted to throw shit at the tv every time he talked.
Parent - By gadget girl Date 2016-02-13 7:08 PM
I agree with everything you said, but again, i assume it was heavily manipulated since from this documentary alone, you couldn't really make heads or tails of the crime at all.  Where was it committed? when?  I guess the reason it touched such a cord with me was that I thought the message was more generally about the system, and the potential for unfairness.
Parent - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2016-02-13 7:46 PM Edited 2016-02-13 7:49 PM
I agree and really even if he was guilty having his trial IN that town,(??) the obvious ridiculous press conference with graphic details (seriously I'm only on episode 3 and I know this is not how things are supposed to work plus I'm not even a law person) and asking people to have their kids leave...even if some stuff was omitted this behavior by law people is egregious. ps I also read the New Yorker piece
Parent - By Tommeke Date 2016-02-12 4:01 PM
Friends recommended it too. Will definitely watch.

Similar documentaries are "the staircase 1 and 2" about the trial of Michael Peterson. They got a re-trial after it was discovered that one of the experts which was key in the trial (he said the blood spots could not have been caused by an accident) actually lied in many trials. Still a very difficult trial though, I wasn't convinced either way.

I loved the Paradise Lost documentaries, and you are right about filmmakers and their agenda. In the first Paradise Lost they really went out of their way to make Mark Beyers (the crazy redneck dude) look guilty. Even though it was pretty sure the Memphis 3 weren't guilty, who was? Hard to tell without the DNA evidence.
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-02-12 8:39 PM
THANK YOU.

The people that made Making A Murderer are doing exactly what they accuse the legal system of doing, selecting evidence to prove their point.
Parent - - By gadget girl Date 2016-02-13 7:11 PM
I just wanted to add that I hope you don't take my opinion on this topic to be in any way negatively implicating the work that you do.   I do believe the system does work fairly most of the time and actually wish I was working in a branch of the law that had a more positive impact on people's lives, as you do.  My comments were general in nature.
Parent - - By jennyO Date 2016-02-14 9:21 PM
Oh no, I didn't take offense.   I actually just read your comment now. :blush:  I don't have much to say because I'm really uninformed about this particular case, not having watched the documentary.  (I realized I had to stop watching Paradise Lost recently when I recognized the name of the expert testifying for the defense about false confessions and realized he was a witness in a capital case I was reviewing!  This wasn't as bad, but it's a similar thing.)

Thanks for the kind words about my job.  I enjoy it, but there are definitely times I wish I were back in private practice and earning a decent wage for a lawyer with over 20 years of experience.  We recently got a 2.5% COLA, but before that our salaries were frozen for 8 years. :mutmad:
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-02-15 10:45 AM
Pepsi or Coke?
Parent - - By jennyO Date 2016-02-15 2:55 PM
TAB. :cry:
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-02-15 2:59 PM
Parent - By squirrelgirl (Indian Buffet Queen) Date 2016-02-16 12:02 PM
:laugh::hug:
Parent - By gadget girl Date 2016-02-16 11:53 AM
:cry:
Parent - By gadget girl Date 2016-02-16 11:53 AM
yes, I hear you on the trade offs. :hug::hug:
Parent - - By mkh (Mr. Fashionista) Date 2016-02-11 3:34 PM
The Bachelor. :mischief:
Parent - By cutter [us] Date 2016-02-16 11:36 AM
I watched it for the first time over the weekend. :blush:
Parent - By gottarungirl Date 2016-02-12 6:03 PM
The Goldbergs nauseated me. Overbearing, hyper sensitive parents ...:cry:

Sorry folks, I just can't stand them
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2016-02-13 4:17 PM
Okay, so I fully admit to watching a lot of TV. :wink:

Biggest Loser. Really like the new format this season.
Top Chef (whatever version)
Project Runway (whichever version)
Married at First Sight (like watching a train wreck)
Lots of shows on TLC, 600 lb, wedding dress whatever, Stacy and Clinton new shows... Mindless drivel that is welcomed by Friday. ;-)
ETC. ;-)

I like some of the original shows on Hulu, Amazon and Netflix, though the particulars escape me at the moment.

I love TV. It's my company, so whatever. :wink:
Parent - By cutter [us] Date 2016-02-16 11:35 AM
The Wire.
Parent - - By N70SAK Date 2016-02-23 1:17 PM
Did I say Mythbusters yet? : pbbt:

Whatever's on NASA TV.
Parent - - By N70SAK Date 2016-03-05 6:51 PM
Final episode of Mythbusters tonight.  :cry:
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-03-05 7:42 PM
After they got rid of the hot chick there wasn't much point.
Parent - By N70SAK Date 2016-03-05 8:12 PM
Thank you, Mr Trump. : pbbt:
Parent - By N70SAK Date 2016-03-05 8:31 PM
I know you're really kidding and forgive me for being captain Bringdown but women have just as crappy a time in science as in every other field.  Many of them get rape and death threats just for doing excellent work. No exaggeration.
Parent - - By N70SAK Date 2016-03-05 9:55 PM
Again, forgive me for harping on this but if you meant Kari Byron, she only took off a couple seasons for maternity leave. She was there from the beginning and it was just this last season that they left out the second team.
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-03-05 10:05 PM
I was talking about her. She's smart and funny and hot.

I only catch the show occasionally if I'm at a hotel - we don't have cable at home.

I knew that the second team was cut recently but nothing about her leaving for maternity leave.

Also, you're right that I was kidding with my first post.
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-03-03 10:49 PM
Project Smoke or whatever the BBQ show with the guy with the feathered hair in Arizona is.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2016-03-07 8:54 PM
I didn't think I had any at the moment but started watching Lucifer which followed each show of the short X-files series and now I'm totally hooked. This show has everything.
- - By jalashkar (Yahd) Date 2016-02-11 9:31 AM
Anyone watching Black Sails?  Shameless?  Vanderpump Rules?
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2016-02-11 9:32 AM
I was going to say Vanderpump Rules but I was too embarrassed. :blush: I've also seen most of Shameless but not the last few episodes. It used to be amazing and now is OK. It got too cartoonish. Frank isn't as detestable as he used to be. :sad:
Parent - - By jalashkar (Yahd) Date 2016-02-11 9:40 AM
Vanderpump Rules is my one stupid guilty pleasure show.  Funny that I can hate The Real Housewives or The Bachelor for being examples of everything I hate, yet give myself a pass for this show.  : pbbt:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2016-02-11 9:42 AM
They're all so good looking and so dumb. I feel bad for the married one's husband. She's like "don't drink too much but don't not drink at ALL that's so boring!" to a freaking alcoholic. :roll:
Parent - By jalashkar (Yahd) Date 2016-02-11 9:55 AM Edited 2016-02-11 9:59 AM
Yes, she's definitely the most self-centered one on the show.  And given the crowd, that's a lot.

Her vocal fry and lack of jawline also bug me.  :meow:
Parent - - By peaches [us] Date 2016-02-11 11:45 AM
I have no idea what any of these are. :cry:
Parent - By jalashkar (Yahd) Date 2016-02-11 12:17 PM
1) Pirates of Nassau, one of the main characters is becoming Long John Silver
2) Poverty-stricken Irish family from the south side of Chicago
3) Spinoff from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, this is the made up reality drama of people who work at one of Lisa Vanderpump's restaurants.
- By neustkg (Important) Date 2016-02-11 9:55 AM
That is one of my favorites.  Probably top 3 right now.  Partly because it involves Philadelphia AND the 1980s.  It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is also in my top 3 (I haven't had FX or FXX for 2 years now, so I will need to catch up).  Will also have to catch up with Adventure Time.
- - By callie [ca] Date 2016-02-11 10:19 AM
Since a lot of my day is still spent parked on the couch and nursing, I watch a lot of tv. :blush: Present favourites:
House of Cards
The Walking Dead
Better call Saul
Mr. Robot
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Modern Family
Colony
Gotham
@ Midnight
The Daily Show

:blush: that seems like a lot. :laugh:  But they're not always on at the same time.
Parent - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2016-02-11 10:31 AM
Mr. Robot was great.  :cool:
Parent - - By peaches [us] Date 2016-02-11 11:46 AM
Walking Dead is the best. :cool:
Parent - By runnertype [us] Date 2016-02-11 5:38 PM
Yup. My favorite. :hug:
Parent - - By neustkg (Important) Date 2016-02-12 7:54 AM
Since I have a DVR, AMC, and a free year subscription to Netflix, I am watching all the older Walking Dead episodes (season 1 and 2) since I started on season 3 a few years ago.
Parent - By peaches [us] Date 2016-02-15 8:55 AM
The first season was awesome.  I like the examination of what people would do if society completely broke down.
- - By cowboyjunkie Date 2016-02-11 12:19 PM
some series i've enjoyed recently
mozart in the jungle
ray donovan
finally saw the last season of Mad men. bye Don. yay Joan!
i'm a few episodes into Transparent. not sure i'll stick with it.
i was watching project runway teenagers or something on thurs. nights and flipping between that and top chef
Parent - - By gadget girl Date 2016-02-11 2:10 PM
I was intrigued by Mozart in the Jungle.  What is that like and is it still on?
Parent - - By cowboyjunkie Date 2016-02-11 2:16 PM
it's a series from Amazon...so if you have prime you can see it. there are two seasons so far. i really liked it. it's about a NYC classical orchestra and the various musicians and a hot new maestro who is hired. and he is HOT! :shocker!::blush: get on it gg!! the first season especially was good.
Parent - - By gadget girl Date 2016-02-11 3:26 PM
i LOVE Gael Garcia Bernal - and have slobbered over him since Y Tu Mama Tambien which was many years ago.  I have prime and will get right on it!! Also I love classical music so that's an extra bonus.  thanks!! :hug:
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2016-02-11 7:01 PM
:happy::hug:
- By sideshowbob Date 2016-02-11 12:48 PM
The Simpsons -presently and for all time.

Foyle's War
- - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2016-02-11 2:03 PM
I LOVE Ray Donovan right now. Thanks CJ!! :hug: I'm almost done with it though :cry:
Parent - - By cowboyjunkie Date 2016-02-11 2:06 PM
let me know what you think when you're done with season 3. i think the violence was way overdone/leaned on too much in season 3, but the way it ended i think leaves some interesting possibilities for the characters if they don't resort to what they did in season 3..
Parent - - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2016-02-11 2:31 PM
I'm about 2/3 thru season 3. Yeah I think the violence is up but maybe it's part of Ray's life spiraling out of control? I don't really like the Katie Holmes thing either.
Parent - - By cowboyjunkie Date 2016-02-11 2:33 PM
yeah, i agree with it being part Ray's life being out of control. and i also hope the Katie Holmes character is done. creepy.
Parent - - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2016-02-11 2:53 PM
Plus those braces :cry:
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2016-02-11 2:56 PM
:cry:
Parent - - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2016-02-23 12:32 PM
Omg I'm done. :cry::cry::cry: Oh Ray made me cry :cry: Liev Schrieber was fantastic. and holy crap Jon Voight is just superior as an actor. I'm excited as well to see which direction they go in next season. But wow it was good. The thing with Bridget was kind of annoying, but I love Bunchy and Teresa's weird relationship :laugh: they make me smile. I follow Eddie Marsan on Twitter, he is great too.
Parent - - By cowboyjunkie Date 2016-02-23 1:06 PM
yeah, the confession was quite something..

i think they could all go in some interesting directions.
Parent - - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2016-02-23 1:08 PM
yes. now what the hell am I supposed to watch :cry:
Parent - - By cowboyjunkie Date 2016-02-23 1:10 PM
:laugh: Broadchurch has been pretty good. only 2 seasons
Mozart in the Jungle. you can join gg and me in our mutual affection for the maestro.
Parent - - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2016-02-23 1:11 PM
ok maybe I'll try that out. I'll keep you posted. I started watching Masters of Sex too but I don't love it as much as other shows.
Parent - - By cowboyjunkie Date 2016-02-23 1:14 PM
watched Masters of Sex a few months ago. just okay i thought. some seasons better than others..
Parent - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2016-02-23 1:18 PM
I'm only on episode 4 of the first season. I need something that I really want to see (and Masters hasn't hooked me that way) the next episode bc I run on the TM when  I watch it. Sometimes I go way longer if something is good :laugh:
Parent - - By jalashkar (Yahd) Date 2016-02-11 2:08 PM
Love that show.  Because of Abby, I find myself saying things like "Ya such a fuckin aysshole, Rayyy!"
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2016-02-11 2:09 PM
Parent - - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2016-02-11 2:30 PM
:laugh: because of that show I wanna do bad things with Liev Schreiber
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2016-02-11 2:33 PM
:laugh::evil:
Parent - - By jalashkar (Yahd) Date 2016-02-11 2:35 PM
Ya such a fuckin trayump, Jill!
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2016-02-11 2:38 PM
Parent - - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2016-02-11 2:50 PM
:evil::laugh: Abby cracks me up, I love when she is with the therapist and he is talking about Ray's hyper sexuality ? And she says: is it possible he just likes to fuck? :roll:
Parent - By jalashkar (Yahd) Date 2016-02-11 3:12 PM
:laugh::laugh:
- - By darbycrash Date 2016-02-11 2:37 PM
Paw Patrol
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-02-11 2:53 PM
Too corporate.:meh:
Parent - - By darbycrash Date 2016-02-11 4:33 PM
BUBBLE GUPPIES?
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-02-11 4:54 PM
I've not heard of them.

It's either because my son is 10 or because they are totally underground.
Parent - By neustkg (Important) Date 2016-02-12 7:59 AM
One of the reasons I gave up on the Nickelodeon years ago (except for Spongebob).  Cartoon Network/Adult Swim is where it's at.
Parent - - By insistor (needs a bigger dick) Date 2016-02-16 9:39 AM
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-02-16 9:44 AM
maple-humping ice farmers

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By callie [ca] Date 2016-02-16 10:43 AM
Those were awesome. :laugh:
Parent - - By darbycrash Date 2016-03-07 9:11 PM
The author is an idiot. Zuma doesn't  drive a race car. ZUMA DRIVES A  freaking BOAT.
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-03-08 6:19 AM
You misspelled HOVERCRAFT.
- - By mutiger [us] Date 2016-02-11 7:38 PM
Im going to cancel cable and Netflix. I have dark circles under my eyes and people ask me "is everything ok?" :cry:
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2016-02-11 7:41 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::hug:
Parent - - By MrsFRK (such a waste of an appendage) [us] Date 2016-02-11 7:42 PM
I saw your doppelganger today. I snuck a look at his badge to make sure it wasn't you.
Parent - By mutiger [us] Date 2016-02-12 3:54 PM Edited 2016-02-12 4:02 PM
we Indians all look alike just like you Chinese peeps do :laugh::wink::hug:
Parent - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2016-02-12 8:02 AM
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-02-12 8:39 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By peaches [us] Date 2016-02-15 8:55 AM
Parent - By mutiger [us] Date 2016-02-16 11:45 AM
Went to bed at 1 AM last night :cry: I'm in season 3 somewhere......this thing (house of cards) is a time suck :mutmad:
- By neustkg (Important) Date 2016-02-12 7:57 AM
I have to finish watching the last 2 episodes of The Leftovers as I only have free HBO for a few more weeks.  I've been binge watching it 3 episodes in a row (each episode is one hour) when my wife and kids go to sleep (early morning Sundays).  IMO first season was a little Meh.  Second season is much better.
- By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2016-02-13 12:52 PM
MTP Daily
The Closing Bell
Untold Stories of ER
As Time Goes By
- - By Elcontador [us] Date 2016-02-15 1:25 PM
I like shows about weird looking animals that you either can only see in zoos or in some Godforsaken place on the planet where if you get lost, you're a statistic.  Things like musk oxen, vizcachas, penguins and capivara.
Also I occasionally watch "Swamp People."  The brother of someone I know could be on that show.
Parent - By jalashkar (Yahd) Date 2016-02-16 8:26 AM
That's quite an eclectic mix of watching preferences.
- By neustkg (Important) Date 2016-02-16 9:11 AM
Here's a question on the HBO series.  Since HBO has their own streaming app that they charge a ton of money for (I won't be paying it), will any of the HBO series make it to Netflix in the future?  I'm thinking mainly about Silicon Valley (we've watched season 1 and 2), and Leftovers, and maybe Veep.

The Brink was a great HBO series, but I heard it was cancelled.  Maybe Netflix will pick that one up for a second season.
- - By insistor (needs a bigger dick) Date 2016-02-16 10:41 AM
I bet the Bear will LOVE this one https://youtu.be/Quo-Oen1wkY
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-02-16 10:51 AM
I'm getting a strong Sponge Bob vibe from that.
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2016-02-16 12:00 PM
Who gives a shit what you think?  I'm waiting eagerly for The Bear to chime in.  :cool:
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-02-16 1:40 PM
Parent - - By peaches [us] Date 2016-03-02 10:50 AM
Honey Badger is better.
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2016-03-02 11:02 AM
He don't care.
- By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2016-02-23 12:41 PM
Anyone watch Crazy Ex-Girlfriend?  I saw this for the first time last night after reading an article about it and thought it was awesome.
- - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2016-03-01 7:20 PM
I'm 4 episodes of 6 into The Jinx on HBO about Robert Durst. It is freaky as hell :shocker!:
Parent - By peaches [us] Date 2016-03-02 10:50 AM
Yes!  I was mesmerized by that one as well.
- By N70SAK Date 2016-03-03 6:46 PM
South Park still kicks ass!

Samantha Bee deserves more time.

Not the best show, but I caught a few episodes of a new show called Those Who Can't. Pretty funny.
- By jalashkar (Yahd) Date 2016-03-04 7:57 AM
I watched a couple episodes of Fit to Fat to Fit.  A little twist on the typical 'obese person get whipped into shape with the help of a trainer' show.
- - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2016-03-04 8:00 AM
I just watched the first episode of Nurse Jackie and liked it a lot. It might be my new TM show for a while.
Parent - - By jalashkar (Yahd) Date 2016-03-04 8:03 AM
As in season 1 episode 1?
Parent - - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2016-03-04 8:19 AM
yep, I know its old :blush:
Parent - - By jalashkar (Yahd) Date 2016-03-04 8:26 AM
No that's great.  There are a lot of seasons, it should occupy you for a while.  Or at least an entire weekend of binge watching.
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Best show on tv presently
1 2 Previous Next