Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Shoes and Gear / Brooks adrenaline ARS
- - By joerunner (100 mile stud) Date 2006-07-08 7:39 AM
Are these a good trail shoe or just an all season shoe with good traction?  I tried them on in the store but want to find out more before I buy them.
Parent - - By ampman40 (shoe whore) Date 2006-07-08 9:00 AM
yes!

: pbbt:

I would think they'd be great on non technical trails...may want something with a protection plate (a montrail perhaps) if you deal with lots of stones though. I think it could be both, a great non technical trail shoe and a great all season running shoe.
Parent - - By joerunner (100 mile stud) Date 2006-07-08 4:49 PM Edited 2006-07-08 4:55 PM
Oh:sad: The salesman couldn't answer my question about the reinforcement plate, that was my next question.  I think that I might need some tech trails with half tracks built in for what I got planned this summer.  I think the montrails is what I'm looking for.   Which model is a good all around (climbing, wet conditions, rock protection, breathable, somewhat comfortable for 24+ hours continuous use) trail shoe that you would recommend?  I am currently wearing an old pair of trail pegs with most of the traction worn off.

Also, do you know if I should get a trail shoe a bit larger, smaller or the same as an equivalent road shoe?
Parent - - By ampman40 (shoe whore) Date 2006-07-08 9:41 PM
Hardrock, highline or mountain mist (depending on foot type/stability needs, waterproof needs etc.) if you want a tank.....or odysee, continental divide or hurricane ridge if you want a little less bulk.

Generally I wear the same size in trail shoes and road shoes....it does depend on the shoe though.
Parent - By joerunner (100 mile stud) Date 2006-07-09 2:54 AM
Thanks Amp!:happy:
Parent - By joerunner (100 mile stud) Date 2006-07-14 3:38 PM
Do you know anything about the montrail vitesse.  The comments I have read were all positive.
Parent - - By jamiedpt (Shoe Pimp) [us] Date 2006-07-10 9:11 AM
what size?
Parent - - By joerunner (100 mile stud) Date 2006-07-11 7:24 AM Edited 2006-07-11 7:29 AM
I wear 10's in my normal road shoes.  Does the Cascadia offer some bottom and toe protection?
Parent - - By jamiedpt (Shoe Pimp) [us] Date 2006-07-11 9:31 AM
cascadia does have a forefoot protection plate, but is a neutral shoe, not medially posted like stability shoes

I have the following close out stability trail shoes available in size 10 mens:

Brooks Trespass 1 (2 pairs at $49.95 each-I like this shoe)
Saucony Omni 4 Trail $52.95
Avia 2050 Trail (waterproof) at $55.95

and I have a pair of Montrail Mountain Mist (waterproof version of Hardrock) which is not truly a closeout but I have had it for awhile so would sell it at $65
Parent - - By joerunner (100 mile stud) Date 2006-07-12 8:43 AM
On the Montrail's, does waterproof make them hotter? 
Parent - - By jamiedpt (Shoe Pimp) [us] Date 2006-07-12 9:00 AM
yes a little, they dont breathe as well
Parent - By joerunner (100 mile stud) Date 2006-07-13 3:06 PM
I sent you an email.:happy:
Parent - - By jalashkar (Yahd) Date 2006-07-10 10:01 AM
If these are the trail shoes that I'm thinking of, then they may be a bit hot for summer trail running.  Unless I'm thinking of another shoe, these are kind of like the old Nike Air Pegasus Storm - which was really a foul-weather shoe that could be used on trails.  I still have a pair of those storms that I use for snowy/slushy winter runs.
Parent - - By joerunner (100 mile stud) Date 2006-07-11 7:26 AM
I have some worn out storms that I have been using for trail runs.  They have actually  done pretty well.  But I think I could use a little more protection on the outsole because I tend to stub my toes a lot.
Parent - By jalashkar (Yahd) Date 2006-07-11 9:18 AM
yeah, they're not bad at all.  i don't think they were designed truly for trail running, so it doesn't surprise me that they might lack a little protection that a true trail shoe would offer.

they are damn good in the winter here, tho.  i've managed to make mine last through 3 winters so far.
Up Topic General / Shoes and Gear / Brooks adrenaline ARS