Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Travel / A Travel Report :shocked:
- - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2012-01-19 6:55 AM
I had an aunt pass away last week.  Thanks in advance for condolences.  She was old and lived a good life and it was something we all knew was coming.  Her funeral was in the New York area so I flew into JFK Friday night via Jet Blue.  This was my 1st Jet Blue experience and it was a good one.  Each seat had a TV with DirectTV and Sirius/XM radio which was nice.  I watched a little TV and then switched over to Hair Nation on the radio while reading a book.  Got into JFK a little late and headed to the rental car shuttle to meet up with my sister who arrived a little before me.  While waiting for said shuttle I was effing cold.  It was about 25 degrees and winds were at least 20mph. :cry:  The shuttle finally came and met up with sis and we headed to the hotel in Farmingdale (on Long Island).  Got to bed around 2am after getting settled and chit chatting.

Woke up Saturday morning and decided that instead of fighting NYC traffic and walking around in the city in cold temps and wind that we should take a drive out to the Hamptons since neither of us had ever been.  So we headed out that way and stopped at a deli for a nice little breakfast and continued through the Hamptons and all the way to Montauk.  We stopped at the lighthouse and took some pics and headed down to the beach.  Temps were in the high 20's and the wind was whipping like crazy.  While walking to the beach I saw a sign that said "No surfing at Montauk Point from April 1 - December 15".  :wtf::wtf:  I thought that was odd that they only allowed surfing in the winter months.  Low and behold as we got to the beach there were a couple of d00ds surfing. :shocker!:  Effing nuts.  Snapped some more pics and headed back to the car.  Headed back through the Hamptons and drove around looking at the mansions and then headed back to the hotel.  Once back I got a workout in and then we met up with other family for dinner.

Sunday was the funeral (graveside service) and it was so damn cold.  Temps in the low 20's and wind chills around 0.  I had enough clothes on the upper half but only had suit pants on my lower half and those did not do the job.  After the service we visited some other grave sites of other family members (both sets of my grandparents are buried in the same cemetery).  Headed back to the hotel, changed, and went to lunch with a bunch of family.  After that we said our goodbyes and my sister and I headed to New Jersey to visit an Aunt and Uncle (on the other side of the family than the deceased).  They cooked us a nice dinner while we watched some football and hung out.  The next morning we all went to a late breakfast and then my sis and I headed to Newark airport for our flights home.

It was a nice trip all and all.  Of course the occasion is not a good one but it's nice to see everyone and catch up.

Pics
Parent - - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2012-01-19 7:52 AM
bump above the spammers.
Parent - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2012-01-19 7:53 AM
this thread is a winner. :roll:
Parent - - By callie [ca] Date 2012-01-19 8:00 AM
I didn't even know anyone came over here anymore.  :laugh:  :x  Nice report...did you get to a Broadway show while you were there?  Weren't you talking about the Book of Mormon or something?

And I'm still looking for the "cold" part of your report.  :wtf: :p
Parent - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2012-01-19 8:13 AM
We did not go to a show.  We did not venture into Manhattan at all. 

It was damn cold. :mutmad:
Parent - - By Marty Moo Date 2012-01-19 11:16 AM
:x :x
Parent - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2012-01-19 11:25 AM
:hug::hug:  you looked very nice in the FE pic with Mut and insistor
Parent - - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2012-01-19 11:22 AM
:hug: Sorry for your loss, sounds like a good trip though.
Parent - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2012-01-19 11:25 AM
:hug:  it was
Parent - By elmtree Date 2012-01-19 12:27 PM
No FE with MontaukRunner?  :wtf:

Sorry about your Aunt, but it sounds like you had a good time with family.  :hug:
Up Topic General / Travel / A Travel Report :shocked: