Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Blogs / racing this year -- our racre report
- - By Trinity (Troublemaker) Date 2010-11-23 3:54 AM Edited 2010-11-23 3:57 AM
we ran a half marathon recently and it was actually kinda cool to participate in a race again this year.  well, let me re-phrase that--schwing ran a half marathon, I gallowalked:grin:  I really had no business doing this race because I didn't train at all and the longest run that I did prior to the race was 5 miles:laugh::cry:  but we had already signed up and I really like doing this one so I went ahead and did it even though I knew my finish time would suck.  I wasn't sure if I would finish but I did.

highlights:
-it was the perfect weather for a race; couldn't have asked for better conditions.  started out really cool and it pretty much stayed that way throughout the morning
-this was our first race together:grin::hug:
-we got to start together and when schwing was finally able to go ahead of me, I could see him for a while because he was much taller than the other runners:laugh:
-this was the first time I didn't carry water with me and just relied on the aid stations;  I was kind of worried about that but it all worked out.  the race was very well organized.
-crowd support was great

and I'd just like to say schwing did so well on the race and I'm so proud of him:hug::grin:  yay schwing!:hug:
Parent - By schwing [us] Date 2010-11-23 7:05 AM
that was a fun race :x
and you kicked butt :cool: cos the time I didn't train and tried to run it I didn't finish
and you forgot to mention that that race had the sexiest runner chica :evil:

yay trini! :hug: :evil:
Parent - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2010-11-30 7:53 AM
congrats to both of you. :hug:
Parent - - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2011-01-19 3:35 PM
so you get married and quit blogging? :cry::cry::cry:
Parent - By Trinity (Troublemaker) Date 2011-01-20 10:34 PM
:laugh: I just figured no one's around to read anymore
Up Topic General / Blogs / racing this year -- our racre report