Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Injuries / Achilles and Topaz. What to expect?
- - By aliengin [us] Date 2010-08-09 11:29 AM
Finally I got my share of the injuries a while ago. Been struggling with all the other options since December and now I am going to have a surgery this Wednesday on my achilles. It is a partial tear and they will do a procedure called Topaz instead of regular surgery. There will be still cutting and stiches, all the fun stuff. Has anyone done this procedure before? I would like to know what to expect in terms of running in the future.
Parent - By joerunner (100 mile stud) Date 2010-08-26 10:25 AM
If you don't mind me asking, what lead up to your achillies tear? Was there warning signs?  I've had achillies tendonitus for some time now (several years) and I keep expecting it to rupture sometime when I'm 10 miles out on some trail.
Parent - By rosschops [gb] Date 2010-10-26 12:54 PM
Yeah I have had a few bouts of acute Achilles pain for a while now. Why did you have to go for this procedure over rest and physio??

Goals:
Sub 39min 10k
latest blog post - Asics GT 2150
Parent - By mamarunner2 Date 2011-01-26 8:57 AM
Would you mind updating on your experience with the surgery and how the recovery has gone?

I'm curious because I have had achilles tendonitis in the past and am struggling with it now.  Surgery is not an option for me but I would be interested to hear others' stories.
Up Topic General / Injuries / Achilles and Topaz. What to expect?